Thread: [TV] Dexter

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ...
    I didn't dislike the first ending. It made sense to me. This whole season, especially his son coming back defeats the whole purpose of the last 3 seasons of the original series.

The ending is just bonkers and I wont even bother putting it into words because there's just too much wrong with it

You can also interpret the ending as Harrison being a really deranged individual which was messing with Dexter from the start and could have easily planted the screws from Matt and instigated the whole investigation of Dexter Morgan by Angela when he accidentally implied to Audrey that Jim wasn't his real father's. I didn't like the fact that Angela suddenly turned into Sherlock Holmes.. Which could be explained by Harrison subtly hinting at something weird and pulling the strings from behind Dexter's back.

This could explain all the inconsistencies of the writing of Harrison to a degree. It's also implied at the very end that he had the letter that Dexter wrote to Anna explaining why he left in the first place. So Harrison knew from the start the reason his father left. It's also implied Harrison was in town earlier than initially thought when they show that person in the bushes when Dexter was near the white deer. Harrison might have also seen Dexter kill Matt. Maybe Harrison even killed Anna to begin with.

Besides if the whole purpose of the ending was that by killing Dexter, Harrison would become "free", then I have to say that makes no sense whatsoever. If Harrison was a normal person, I can't imagine killing your father in cold blood would ever make anyone healthier.

This is all speculation because the writing is all over the place and not very conclusive.

Last edited by tikcol; 2022-01-12 at 11:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the end Harrison did what his father told him to do. Only kill the ones who deserve it. A rule broken by Dexter too many times. Harrison didn't, as far as we know of.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    What a sad sad existence it must be to see everything through your lens of "aggressive feminism" or whatever such similar bs.
    He might not enjoy the whole Alien (franchise)
    -

I just started watching it. Pretty entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by olivs View Post
    I just started watching it. Pretty entertaining
    Then you get to the last season...

Well, i was going to sub to just watch it, but reading the comments here not really spending money to another terrible final lol

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    Well, i was going to sub to just watch it, but reading the comments here not really spending money to another terrible final lol
    It's not thaaaat bad. It's just unearned and slightly anticlimatic. A couple more episodes setting it up, and it would have worked just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It's not thaaaat bad. It's just unearned and slightly anticlimatic. A couple more episodes setting it up, and it would have worked just fine.
    I actually wish I never seen this garbage. It felt like a good show got cancelled for no reason, in a cliffhanger. I felt rick rolled, cause the ending was so surprisingly bad

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    I actually wish I never seen this garbage. It felt like a good show got cancelled for no reason, in a cliffhanger. I felt rick rolled, cause the ending was so surprisingly bad
    So - same feeling as the first last season and last episode?

That's what I've been asking others - "Do you feel this ending was BETTER than the original - even if only a little bit. Or do you now feel the first ending was actually better?" (as most people would have banked on never seeing something 'worse' than the original Dexter Finale; but I know for some fans this 'new ending' feels actually worse)
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

i cant gauge whether youve seen the series or not from your comment so i wont put even the slightest spoiler in

series - decent overall, the standard Dexter stuff is done well, his enemy is really good

acting is overall good including the teenage actors imo and that is a rarity

the ending is unfortunately bad but i think that is more because they tried to go back and fix everything in one season (i dont think theres another), if the main arc stretched over 2 -3 seasons, they could probably have done a very similar ending and it would have been good. Unfortunately, you cant have too many 'monsters of the season' to thread the main arc around when its based in a town of like 3k people

its better than the original ending

Ending was really anticlimatic! That's all I can say :s

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    i cant gauge whether youve seen the series or not from your comment so i wont put even the slightest spoiler in

series - decent overall, the standard Dexter stuff is done well, his enemy is really good

acting is overall good including the teenage actors imo and that is a rarity

the ending is unfortunately bad but i think that is more because they tried to go back and fix everything in one season (i dont think theres another), if the main arc stretched over 2 -3 seasons, they could probably have done a very similar ending and it would have been good. Unfortunately, you cant have too many 'monsters of the season' to thread the main arc around when its based in a town of like 3k people

its better than the original ending
    I appreciate the lack of spoilers here - and I know other people coming to the thread will also appreciate it! <3

As yes, I do believe its possible to answer the question (as you did!) without giving spoilers. And even if its just your last statement, that's all I'm curious about (you liked it better) in people's reactions.

For myself - actually have not finished the series but have had the big 'reveals' spoiled (one of which me and hubby called when the teenager arrived - lol) just not the details of how it all happens/plays out. So I do appreciate the lack of spoilers while also answering the question.

But I do agree with you - regardless of how I feel about the details of how this plays out - I never expected them to truly 'fix everything' with one season. I was just more hopeful the ending would make more sense/feel more deserved/ be a little better fit than the first time.

And as more people talk to me and post here about their own reactions, that's what I get curious about - their reactions to this ending vs. the last one.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.