Need some advice for Nefarian 10man

Hey guys, got a few questions for you.
    We have attempted Nefarian for a couple of nights now, and our best try so far is 24%.
    Is it possible to get a 3rd crackle in P1? I mean, does Onyxia blew you up as soon a she hits 100% on her Lightningbar, or do you have like a few seconds to kill her?
    Because we normaly kill her when shes at 84% or so energy, thats the time we have Nef to 71%, as we apparently, cant go any further anyways.
    We also learned how to deal with a crackle in P2 now. But that still leaves us with 61% hp when we go into P3. Thats alot of kiting.

How do you guys do it, and how many crackles do you deal with in the different phases?
    Last edited by Nvar; 2011-01-20 at 01:43 PM.

Yes you can get 3 crackles in P1.
    What we did was get our shadowpriest to spec disc and ran it with 4 healers. Made the fight really a faceroll when the adds kiter only had to worry about the adds not getting touched by fire

If you take Nef to 69% (one extra crackle), then ranged dps can nuke and dot him up during the transition to the lava phase, and any ranged on a platform that kills the add quickly enough can spend their free time casting stuff at him - this could bring him down a good few percent depending on the number of ranged in your raid, and may actually make a difference for you.

This assumes that you switch from Onyxia to Nef at about 25% of her health, so that you can nuke her down fairly quickly once Nef is down to the health % you want him at.

Okay thanks.
    Sadly we dont have the option to go with 4 Healers.
    This is our setup:
    Tanks:
    Feral
    Pala
    Healers
    Druid
    Priest
    Shaman
    DPS
    Rogue
    Warrior
    Hunter
    2x Mage

Our 25 man tactic: Nef to 73/4% then kill Onyxia, all ranged DPS nef in air phase and all use personal cds when he does crackle, leave one add alive on 300k or so until nef is 61% then push phase. Warrior backpeddles with adds the entire phase and doesnt stun them incase fire lands.

Deleted
    My guild is having problems surviving the transition to phase 2, Any tips about that, We get up on the pillars but we die soon after, Could be the interrupting or the healing, but got any random tips that just might help? (we push phase 2 around 75%)

My guild did 3 crackles in the first phase, you have to be very tedious with Onyxia's bar though. We pushed another crackle in phase 2.

-My job was to heal the add tank so I turn on righteous fury in p3 and kite with him so that no adds hit the fire.

-I taunt and pick up adds that get into the main group and bring them to the add tank too to make his life very easy! The trick is to just be stable and not really rush it too much where you can't keep the raid topped off. Your add tank has to be absolutely on his game as well so their energy doesn't reset. I suggest strafing if your the add tank for that portion of the encounter.
    Last edited by ghostsp3ctre; 2011-01-21 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Clarification

Deleted
    We did it with 2 crackles in phase 1. Get Nef down to 73. Take another crackle in phase 2 and get Nef to 63. In phase 3 we have a warr that IN THE BEGINNING uses his fear (glyphed) and shcokwave. You cant do this later in the fight because the shadowcrashes CD is to low, you might be able to push a shockwave in.

When Nef i at like 15%, we started to chainfear. Warr started, then fury warr--> Priest -> Priest-->Mage Frost Nova-> Warr SHockwave. When one fear or CC goes in, the tanking warrior runs as fatr away from adds as possible with the next assigned Fear/cc dude with him. RInse and repeat until dead. Doesnt matter that they go threw the fire at this time.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ideally you get one crackle in the first transition aswell as the two others before that. Also, taking 2 crackles in the air phase will really help the last phase if your healers can manage it.