10+ Year Old Account

Opinions on where to start raiding

I've searched and not really found enough opinions to satisfy my question. Yes, I understand these are all entry level raids. It is obvious that some fights are simply harder than others though. Now that most guilds have had a month or more of raid time, I am curious as to how you would rank the difficulties. Our guild has killed Halfus and Valiona & Theralion (barely), with a fairly balanced comp.

I saw one thread that listed 1/4 BoT, 2/6 BWD and then essentially a pick-um for the rest. Appreciate the answers to help alleviate the concerns of guildies who think we may be taking the harder route (BoT 3/4).

BWD is definitely easier, Mal(what his name) is probably the only boss that requires a strict comp of execution on interrupts and aoe or it will be a wipe until you out gear the fight.

That 1/4 BoT, 2/6 BWD is spot-on. You should bang out at least the first two in BWD before Ascendant Council - maybe even Chimaeron / Maloriak too.

My guild is a casual 2 nights a week raiding guild and we have done Conclave of Wind, halfus, Valiona, Omnitron and magmaw. All these are pretty easy and are good practice for mechanics on harder boss's.

I'd suggest doing Conclave and Valiona as well as 2/6 BWD.

Deleted
    Casual 2 nights a week raiding guild and we have done stuff in following order:

Omnotron Defence System -> Magmaw -> Conclave of Winds -> Halfus Wyrmbreaker -> Valiona and Theralion -> Atramedes -> Maloriak

Which basically is: 2/6 BWD -> 1/2 TotFW -> 2/4 BoT -> 4/6 BWD

That is also roughly the order I'd rank the fights in their difficulty, apart from Conclave of Winds being by far the easiest fight in the 12 normal modes. Magmaw might be easier than Omnotron, but it depends on raid composition too. Omnotron is doable with absolutely any setup while Magmaw needs a way to deal with the adds.
    Last edited by mmoc4515b91cb7; 2011-01-21 at 12:35 AM.

The order seems to be something like:

-Magmaw/ODS or Halfus/Valiona
    -Vice versa
    -Conclave
    -Maloriak/Atramedes
    -Chimaeron/Ascendant Council
    -Cho'gall
    -Al'akir
    -Nefarian

Leaving out Argaloth because I don't count him as a raid boss. Anyway as long as your group isn't failing alot you can really do whichever fight you want first. I'm just basing this from wowprogress and my current guild's progression.
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info. On a related topic, how did most "raid casual" guilds fair on their first Valiona & Theralion (10man) attempts, in terms of wipe count? I'm trying to gauge if our frustrations were par for the course, or we're borderline hopeless.

moTheory - My new website where I overthink games. (WIP)

Deleted
    If you can sort out people stacking on right time , running away with engulfing magic it should go much smoother on Valiona tries.

1 thing i've seen on Valiona its quite hard on ranged when the purple circles start and they have to stack? For melee its almost a tank n spank fight

10+ Year Old Account
    We did kill them, after many tries. I am just curious how many attempts the "average" guilds took to bring them down.

moTheory - My new website where I overthink games. (WIP)

10+ Year Old Account
    Magmaw/ODS > Halfus > Conclave > Twin Dragons > Maloriak > Atramedes > Chimaeron/Ascendant

Difficulty of Halfus depends on drake setup, could be a wipefest if the combination is hard and you aren't prepared for it

Quote Originally Posted by The Pwii View Post
    We did kill them, after many tries. I am just curious how many attempts the "average" guilds took to bring them down.
    Did it with two groups, both had close to none experience. We had 3-4 wipes with both groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pwii View Post
    Killed them after one wipe, it's not very difficult at all, as long as people know what to do, when to move, when to stack etc

We are also a casual 2 nite a week guild. We actuly went up the the blind dragon be4 trying BoT. And we wiped probly avrage of 10 on each boss. After 6 raids we are on 7/12. Never been in ToTW