Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Is this really nessasary...?

Sorry for the vague title but meh ...

Anywho lately while waiting for my main toon to fill out the last remaining slots of heroic / justice gear ive found myself off on another server leveling horde toons (im normally alliance) because well ... Ive hit my character cap limit on my main server. I have 2 85's atm (Druid and Priest) 1 lvl 55 and the rest are 80's. Now I know what your gonna say ... (Why dont you just level your other toons up to 85, why create new ones?" Well you have a point but ... to be honest I find I really enjoy leveling from 1-50 and well ... to be honest I would love to have my BoA gear that I spent alot on a long time ago (including the back piece that just got unlocked at guild rank 10).

Now my question is: Should there really be a cap on how many characters you can create? Or better yet cant they just "Fix" that lil hiccup about mailing gear cross server? I mean it is "Bind on Account" gear, not "Bind on account but also server" gear.

What do ya'll think?

*Edit* Btw I have ALOT of free time at work and leveling toons seems to keep the boredom away (Im a Graveyard Shift Security Guard on a ... meh Laptop).
    Last edited by Okais; 2011-01-20 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Added info on first post.

15+ Year Old Account
    i think u need to spend more time outside imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okais View Post
    Sorry for the vague title but meh ...

Anywho lately while waiting for my main toon to fill out the last remaining slots of heroic / justice gear ive found myself off on another server leveling horde toons (im normally alliance) because well ... Ive hit my character cap limit on my main server. I have 2 85's atm (Druid and Priest) 1 lvl 55 and the rest are 80's. Now I know what your gonna say ... (Why dont you just level your other toons up to 85, why create new ones?" Well you have a point but ... to be honest I find I really enjoy leveling from 1-50 and well ... to be honest I would love to have my BoA gear that I spent alot on a long time ago (including the back piece that just got unlocked at guild rank 10).

Now my question is: Should there really be a cap on how many characters you can create? Or better yet cant they just "Fix" that lil hiccup about mailing gear cross server? I mean it is "Bind on Account" gear, not "Bind on account but also server" gear.

What do ya'll think?
    I definitely think they should raise the amount of allowed characters per server. It can't be inifinite because of obvious reasons, but at least enough to have one character of every class with a few slots to spare.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go delete some of your 80s and start leveling over again.
    If you have 10 chars at 80 already on the same server I can only guess they all fill in the 10 different classes? if not, delete the class u have 2x if your so desperate to reroll yet another alt..

Have a Nice Day ™...

Why would you want to use such a stupid thing as BoA gear, if you like leveling, and like 1-50? Why would you rush though the zones and only see 1/4th of the places?

I never use BoA gear, I don't like it, I don't like not getting to see the contents, I love leveling, and I wouldn't want to rush though it for anything, now so many new quest was add'd, don't waste your time on BoA gear, just go though and experiance all the new quest and changes around the world.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    *Sarcasm* Ouch my pride */Sarcasm"

I didn't ask for an opinion about my social life, I asked an opinion about the game. Troll More.

Ps. Besides if you honestly think it takes alot of time to level a toon to 80 you are doing something severely wrong (I play 4hrs every other day MAX on raid days)

Uhh...fairly certain there is already a cap of 50 toons per account...or if I'm reading that wrong and you are asking why there is one, its so some fail troll doesnt make 10 toons on EVERY server and slows down the servers. Go figure the chaos if 50 people made 10 toons on every server just because they can...ya not good. Plus I'm sure gold sellers would find some way to exploit this.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    Why would you want to use such a stupid thing as BoA gear, if you like leveling, and like 1-50? Why would you rush though the zones and only see 1/4th of the places?

I never use BoA gear, I don't like it, I don't like not getting to see the contents, I love leveling, and I wouldn't want to rush though it for anything, now so many new quest was add'd, don't waste your time on BoA gear, just go though and experiance all the new quest and changes around the world.
    Part of that leveling experience is PvP, and if you dont have the BoA gear you get torn up, kinda how it works.

*Chaya* I would but belive it or not I would perfer to keep them. I just dont like the limitation on the character creation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    I definitely think they should raise the amount of allowed characters per server. It can't be inifinite because of obvious reasons, but at least enough to have one character of every class with a few slots to spare.
    I agree with Tobberoth, 10 slots is just not enough for many, but say 20 would be way to much. I would love 5 more slots for toons. I have a toon of each class on my main server, and have no room for my second druid who is 80, and abandonned simply beacause I do not have the room for her.

If Blizzard ever does get around to this, I would also welcome the ability to change the order of my toons. I'd like to rearrange them based off of how much I play them, personally.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    Uhh...fairly certain there is already a cap of 50 toons per account...or if I'm reading that wrong and you are asking why there is one, its so some fail troll doesnt make 10 toons on EVERY server and slows down the servers. Go figure the chaos if 50 people made 10 toons on every server just because they can...ya not good. Plus I'm sure gold sellers would find some way to exploit this.
    Im asking for a larger limit per server. I dont care about an account limit. I just want to be able to create 1 of every class (and im prob pushing it but) on both factions.

Im asking for a larger limit per server. I dont care about an account limit. I just want to be able to create 1 of every class (and im prob pushing it but) on both factions.
    That is pushing it a bit far. As someone else had said, 20 is far too much. 15ish, sure. Personally would have liked to see at the least 12 for the expansion due to 2 new races but....w/e

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough. Personally, I only have 3 characters (2 level 10+) on my realm so it's no issue for me.
    iirc something about increasing the amount of toons per account/server was said at blizzcon10, though I could be wrong.

Have a Nice Day ™...

Quote Originally Posted by Noxvari View Post
    I agree with Tobberoth, 10 slots is just not enough for many, but say 20 would be way to much. I would love 5 more slots for toons. I have a toon of each class on my main server, and have no room for my second druid who is 80, and abandonned simply beacause I do not have the room for her.

If Blizzard ever does get around to this, I would also welcome the ability to change the order of my toons. I'd like to rearrange them based off of how much I play them, personally.
    I'm curious: why do you need a second druid?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaya View Post
    Fair enough. Personally, I only have 3 characters (2 level 10+) on my realm so it's no issue for me.
    iirc something about increasing the amount of toons per account/server was said at blizzcon10, though I could be wrong.
    Far as I know .. they increased the limit by 1 -_- which isnt enough imo.

Also I added something on my first post ... I work as a security guard (graveyard) so I tend to have alot of free time but I cant do much on this lap top so leveling young'ins tends to pass the time pretty well.

---------- Post added 2011-01-20 at 09:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    That is pushing it a bit far. As someone else had said, 20 is far too much. 15ish, sure. Personally would have liked to see at the least 12 for the expansion due to 2 new races but....w/e
    lol your right I know 20 is pushing it but ... I can dream cant I? I would be satisfied with 15 tho.

Part of that leveling experience is PvP, and if you dont have the BoA gear you get torn up, kinda how it works.
    what the hell are you talking about? PvP is not part of the leveling experience.. First time you experience PvP in the game, thats something. When I am leveling my 5-6th char, meeting a ally and fighting is not part of the experiance of leveling..

BoA items is not need'd for PvP either, just take it as it is. Do it without BoA it is to easy to level anyway, you get way to much XP per quest and mobs, so already without BoA gear, you will miss alot of content
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reading this thread makes me question What's going through your head.

If you have 10 characters, why in the world would you level yet another one having gone through the content 10 times already?
    If you have 10 characters, you surely have them filled up with 10 different classes and don't need a blueprint of your alt once again?er to
    If you have 10 characters, you surely could try another game?
    If you have 10 characters on one server, you surely can consider rerolling a different server?
    What doesn't kill you only pisses you off...
    Thundar - Level 80 Restoration Shaman Kazzak EU - Officer of The Forgotten Souls

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    on the graveyard? you are a scary guy.

i'd rather play with some undead toon than the real dead out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanitius View Post
    on the graveyard? you are a scary guy.

i'd rather play with some undead toon than the real dead out there.
    He/she said graveyard SHIFT not actual graveyard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spac3Rat View Post
    I'm curious: why do you need a second druid?
    There's loads of speccs for druids
    Maybe you have a PvE tank and healer but you also want a PvP cat/resto char?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    what the hell are you talking about? PvP is not part of the leveling experience.. First time you experience PvP in the game, thats something. When I am leveling my 5-6th char, meeting a ally and fighting is not part of the experiance of leveling..

BoA items is not need'd for PvP either, just take it as it is. Do it without BoA it is to easy to level anyway, you get way to much XP per quest and mobs, so already without BoA gear, you will miss alot of content
    You ... do you know get exp for doing BG's right? By leveling experience I meant "My" leveling experience and yes I que up for BG's starting level 10.

I would LOVE to see you go in as a level 10-14 clothy and NOT get torn up without BoA gear. In an average BG HALF the team will have BoA's on "Both" sides. Dots hitting for 14 dmg without boa, where as with boa hitting for 40-60 is QUITE a diffrence.

---------- Post added 2011-01-20 at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Quandrix View Post
    Reading this thread makes me question What's going through your head.

If you have 10 characters, why in the world would you level yet another one having gone through the content 10 times already?
    If you have 10 characters, you surely have them filled up with 10 different classes and don't need a blueprint of your alt once again?er to
    If you have 10 characters, you surely could try another game?
    If you have 10 characters on one server, you surely can consider rerolling a different server?
    Ill put them as numbers ... easier.

1. I enjoy the low end pvp and questing while im at work cause I cant do much else but farm on this laptop.
    2. I like to keep my toons once they get past 50 ... call me a collector of sorts. I dont expect to have more than 15-20 toons tho.
    3. Cant really play much else on this lap top ... I already have to play on the lowest graphics settings for wow.
    4. I did but honestly it bothers me that I cant bring my BoA's with me as I stated in my first post .. they are called BoA not BoAaS (Bind on Account and server).