Resto druid pvp gear, stats,spec...?

Hi I'm a little late into the expansion since I stopped playing due to school. I played my ret paladin over the holiday break but after I hit 85 stopped playing it and wow until this last weekend when I had a 4 day weekend. I leveled up to 85 over the weekend on my druid and this week been trying to get honor gear.

I am planning on getting 2 wrymhide and 3 kodo for double 2 pc set bonus and the fact that the 4pc set bonus Int will be reduced makes this an even better option I think since Im currently at 1k resillience and can use an extra 400 resillience. Right now resilience seems to be the main stat I'm worried about. Not thinking too much about spirit since low resillience arena that Im playing ( currently 900 rated through like 10 or 12 games) are pretty short and I can pop tree of life to keep myself up or partner and we can often get a quick kill or I get killed or chain cc since I have no trinket and we lose. So Im not worried about spirit so much at the moment.Im reforging mastery/crit to Haste I figured on my new gear that Im getting to make hots tick faster and maybe Ill be able to get off an extra heal since I'm squishy. So is mastery a decent stat for pvp or should I reforge any mastery gear I get? Ill probably be using mix of blue pvp gear and 333 pve gear for a while.

Im buying my weapon next week. I looked at the stats and the spirit staff seems awesome. All the other druids I see mostly have dagger or mace and have the crit on it reforged so Im wondering why they got it in the first place just to reforge? I know currently the offhand 100 Int enchant might make one hand+offhand better but considering the fact that the staff is the only weapon with spirit is there any reason not to take the staff? It seems like a no brainer but wanted to hear your guys thoughts about why everyone is going mainhand+offhand other than they can get dagger/mace in a week less of arena rather than wait for staff (assuming most newly dinged toons will be lower than 1500 for the first few weeks, or whatever the point is when your conquest maximum increases). After patch to reduce offhand enchant do you think everyone will start taking the staff?

Also thoughts on us being terrible against dispell teams. I saw a dispell cleave video from Belligerent on youtube and that worried me at how offensive dispells can destroy resto druid healing. Right now all classes played well are often a pain in the butt to me but I especially hate enhancement shamans and I am scared to heal myself without los against mages since they will likely just steal my hot and heal themselves and nuke me down. Thank goodness for shadowmeld a few times and the fact frost mages dont have a dot so I can sit in shadowmeld for a few seconds and wait on swiftmend to come off cd or get help from partner.

Also anyone know of good guide or tips for resto pvp? I know its supposed to be faceroll hots and cheetah and cyclone and INSTANT ROOTS!!! but still 5 days into being resto I am still learning a lot everyday and maybe every arena match or BG I do. Speccing for resto has been a chore since I have no idea about the class and not sure what talents are good is an issue. My current spec I already have planned to change but waiting a few days so I dont just keep blowing gold. this is the new spec Im thinking of going. I can not makeup my mind if I want Naturalist or not and a few other talents that Im not sure would be worth taking or how valuable they might or might not be. What are you guys using

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0hbbZcZrcdIdcMzouo

Here is my armory in case someone asks. Be kind its a work in proggress and my gear stinks and a lot of the gear and reforging was for moonkin when I was leveling and reforged to spirit for hit rating and havent went back and changed everything and currently my pve moonkin and pvp resto sets are about the same minus hit rating gear and trinkets. Gems are just randoms and about nothing is enchanted as I hope to replace about everything soon and need a couple hundred honor to get trinket next. Already have Int + Mana meta and Catacylysm headglyph waiting for when I get wyrmhide helm.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../pandra/simple

Thanks for the time. Have a good weekend =D

Pandra-Nerzhul

Quote Originally Posted by Pandra View Post
    Hi I'm a little late into the expansion since I stopped playing due to school. I played my ret paladin over the holiday break but after I hit 85 stopped playing it and wow until this last weekend when I had a 4 day weekend. I leveled up to 85 over the weekend on my druid and this week been trying to get honor gear.
    Welcome back

I am planning on getting 2 wrymhide and 3 kodo for double 2 pc set bonus and the fact that the 4pc set bonus Int will be reduced makes this an even better option I think since Im currently at 1k resillience and can use an extra 400 resillience.
    This is the best idea, especially at low Resi... so get the Boomkin Legs and Head, as these are Resto set pieces without spirit. (Head also goes Mastery in Resto ->Haste in Boomer). Then get Resto Chest, Gloves and Shoulders.

So is mastery a decent stat for pvp or should I reforge any mastery gear I get?
    Mastery isn't that good for PVP, although if people are dying due to your heals not healing enough... mastery would directly increase your heals as 99% of the time you should have HoT's rolling, although if you read up on some Druid stickies and Druid blogs you could probably find a better stat prio. While you're still gearing up though, i'd reforge your mastery to spirit.

Also anyone know of good guide or tips for resto pvp? I know its supposed to be faceroll hots and cheetah and cyclone and INSTANT ROOTS!!! but still 5 days into being resto I am still learning a lot everyday and maybe every arena match or BG I do.
    This is the best way to learn, watching youtube videos helped me A LOT. Even watching videos which arn't even your class give you an insight into how other classes will be playing -- Youtube sacredheals, he's a Holy Pally but gives a lot of general tips against certain comps and how to LoS / move around different arena's.

Speccing for resto has been a chore since I have no idea about the class and not sure what talents are good is an issue. My current spec I already have planned to change but waiting a few days so I dont just keep blowing gold. this is the new spec Im thinking of going ... http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0hbbZcZrcdIdcMzouo
    There is so many variations of specs for different comp's and playstyles. The one you created there is focus'ing a lot on HoT's and Mana. You can go a lot more offensive which is viable in 2v2 (Spec into Wrath and Fury of Stormrage... Although this is only good once you've got enough Resi gear to be able to skip some healy talents). OR, you can go a lot more defensive with Cast heals and hope to god your partner peels. Honestly it's more preference than anything.. but here's the cookie-cutter spec:
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0hdzZcZrfzIdcMzouo

Only 1/2 in the hit talent as once you get enough Spirit, you'll get the 5% hit easy for Cyclones
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2011-01-21 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks for the response. Yeah I messed up by buying the kodo pants before I planned stuff out so now Im getting Wrymhide head and gloves then probably fix it when I upgrade to epics much later on.