Poll: Cata: good or bad?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cata : good or bad??

you choice followed with a reason

Should have a poll =D

I'd say it's hard to tell at this point. Sometimes Blizzard comes up with wonderful ideas (like dual spec) halfway through the expansion.

"I want a Tier that actually looks stereotypical.
    Hunter in camo; Rogue in ninja gear; Priest in a prison uniform - that sort of thing."

Deleted
    Its awesome! The raids are pefectly hard (imo) the heroics was/are okey, better than wotlk atleast. The awesome stuff added in cata is just plain awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like it's not "omgpewpewwinloot" anymore. Although that was great for the first few minutes of Wrath, I like to at least earn things, not be handed them. Seems that you need to use your other abilities and cooldowns to save healer mana, and make sure you don't pull agro from a tank (i'm a dps).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

I like it a lot because the content is much harder.

Me personally, i like it
    heroics are hard for new lvl capped ppl (BIG thumbs up)
    guild perks are good (15min CD on Hearthstone anyone?)
    guild rewards are ok (BoA cloaks)

now the not so good
    Arch (boring, just....so.....borin........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)
    the negativity of some of the WoW community (rages at someone, who's never been on "X" boss b4, for not knowing fight)
    And the big one: Tol Barad PvP (do i really need to explain it)

It's okay imo. PvE side of things are alright, PvP is definitely unbalanced as ever, especially if you play a gimped class.

i feel there should be an about the same button there are things i like and things i hate. i really enjoyed going to naxx it was probably the most fun time i had during my whole time on warcraft (at the start of lk expansion) only issue was the novelty of being so easy soon went away. in lk i hated ulduar just felt rushed and wasn't for me i enjoyed icecrown a hell of allot. i changed my role from healer to a tank about mid lk. at the moment i am enjoying the difficultly in cataclysm i do feel the easy none heroic raids could be more simple and the heroic modes should stay as they are currently. this would allow casual s to progress more and probs see more things. but ya i would say cataclysm is off to a nice start on par with lk's best bits and its only just the start.

I choose good.
    Simply because I like it, being back at the old world kicks everything blizzard ever presented before.
    I find the raids challenging enough.. Really, compare Paragon's 1 month(?) journey trough Tier 11 with Ensidia's 4 hours Journey in Tier 7 (Naxx, EoE, OS)
    Epics are... epics... even if the bosses drop too many of them.
    Just simple stuff as this.

And for all you haters, trolls and whatnot, I took Paragon and Ensidia as examples simply because both of they cleared said tier first.

There should be a "mediocre" option somewhere there. Is Cata good? No. Definitely not good. Is it bad? No. It's not bad either. It's just mediocre, with some good places and some bad, with some fun and some boring grind, with nice raids/dungeons and really bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    1: It rid us of ICC
    2: It made pugging what pugging should be
    3: It gave me a non-pussy faction leader that doesn't afraid of anything and can cleave dragons off his ship
    4: It made me want to log on, not just able to
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

Cataclysm is definitely my favorite expansion so far. The new content is absolutely beautiful and the game has become a new and exciting challenge. The new zones are better put together and the instances are so much better when you have friends running around with you wiping on trash then blaming the pug. Everything about Cata is just fun.
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    25.64% of voters wiped on Corborus.
    I voted in the minority and Stonecore is one of my favorite heroic dungeons.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jmann View Post
    I like it a lot because the content is much harder.
    simply stated, i have to pay attention now! i love that i cant lolwhtfaceroll my way through things any more.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

It's good.

Next question.

simple:

PVE: Good now, actualyl requiers some brain etc...

PVP: Sucks arena is so shitty atm its just sad but on other hand it has always been like that first season of a xpac
    i dont wanna call bgs and rbgs PVP because its just one big pie that requiers 0 skill (Twin peaks and WSG rbg is decent i guess)

Quote Originally Posted by Xelestial View Post
    Should have a poll =D

I'd say it's hard to tell at this point. Sometimes Blizzard comes up with wonderful ideas (like dual spec) halfway through the expansion.
    Still can say your opinion based on current content.

Since there is no middle ground option like Vincent up there wanted ( which I agree on ) I have to vote bad. Cata hasn't brought anything new or exciting to keep me interested. I guess I'm just tired of the game since I've played it for almost 6 years. Is it bad? Not really, just isn't new or exiting either. The global overhaul is nice, but to be fair, I didn't have to buy Cata to experience that. So from a purely "Only available to people who buy Cata" stand point, I would have passed.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2011-01-27 at 01:51 AM.

This far: Very good!
    Basically cause of the way PvE is tuned atm, you actually have to somewhat work for your epics again.

Raiding is much better from wrath and the way loot is right now....it will all go wrath again soon probably.