Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    What's up with Troll average vendor price being less than half of the others?
    Apparently, Blizz thinks trolls are poor. Boo for stereotypes! :P
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    So what you're telling me is, I could spend an hour to make 125g average on archaeology junk.

Kay. Or I could spend 15 minutes herbing/mining, sell those, and make more.

I understand that this is a (small) bone being thrown at the folks grinding archaeology for epics...but come ON. 5g for a solve is just as much a slap in the face as 10s was. Not to mention a slap in the face of history...does Blizzard know what real artifacts go for, relatively, in today's market? Answer--depends on the artifact. But for a vast majority, the bidding would start significantly higher than these prices (were $$ gold pieces...)
    This is a game that is not based in reality, what a real artifact sells for has no bearing on an ingame item. I mean, come on... youre telling me an item like Thunderfury (or any other legendary) would only sell for like 12 gold? Really? Or how about any other multitude of ingame items that have a higher value with players than vendors?

7 sloves an hour is like 8 and a half minutes per slove. Going from 0 artifacts (nothing stored) to slove, average artifacts needed per solve, adding wonderful travel time and the time it takes to actually find an artifact, I dont think it's doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    7 sloves an hour is like 8 and a half minutes per slove. Going from 0 artifacts (nothing stored) to slove, average artifacts needed per solve, adding wonderful travel time and the time it takes to actually find an artifact, I dont think it's doable.
    I think 7 an hour is fairly reasonable. If you use the stones with the solves, and depending on luck, you can get nearly 1 solve per digsite and you can easily get more than 1 digsite finished (including travel time) in under 8 minutes. Although, if you use the stones with the solves that is also potential gold lost considering you can sell them on the AH for some gold too.

10+ Year Old Account
    COSMETIC TAB? One can only dream, surely!?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrimm View Post
    The "new USEFUL items" that will be out for JP is whatever is currently only able to be bought from the Valor points vendor. Also any remaining valor points you have get turned into JP on every content patch. Since Valor points have no cap Blizz doesn't want us to stock up on em and be able to be ahead of the curve for the new content by bein able to buy the new current top gear.
    Unless Blizzard decides to add something else (like they added this vendor, but with actually sensible prices).

Also the prices for stuff for JP is not supposed to be a way to generate high gold/hr. Its just a way for those who have no need for JP a way to use it so they don't feel like those points are wasted when you do your Valor heroic run.
    I'm saying that I'm precisely one of those people that are wasting points from my daily valor run, but this vendor is not attractive to me. I can assure you I'm not the only one feeling this way. Thus Blizzard is not accomplishing their goal for this vendor. I mean sure, they could put a vendor that gives you 1 copper for 4000 JP and could argue the same that you're arguing: "This is not supposed to be an effective way to get gold, but hey, 1 copper is better than wasting it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    Unless Blizzard decides to add something else (like they added this vendor, but with actually sensible prices).

I'm saying that I'm precisely one of those people that are wasting points from my daily valor run, but this vendor is not attractive to me. I can assure you I'm not the only one feeling this way. Thus Blizzard is not accomplishing their goal for this vendor. I mean sure, they could put a vendor that gives you 1 copper for 4000 JP and could argue the same that you're arguing: "This is not supposed to be an effective way to get gold, but hey, 1 copper is better than wasting it!"
    Still better than being at the cap forever and ever and not gaining ANYTHING from it. I'll be happy to not be capped. Same goes for honor points. Nothing to do with those 4k either

10+ Year Old Account
    Still better than being at the cap forever and ever and not gaining ANYTHING from it.

Buy BC Gems for JP -> Sell to NPC -> Profit. (If jewelcrafter -> cut first then sell)

@Arch changes: Well at least they distributed the gold better, but still...
    I won't touch this mess no matter how much they enlarge the carrot.

15+ Year Old Account
    What happens to Canopic Jar, in the Tol'Vir artifacts?
    I just don't really understand why it says "Mummified Organ (Canopic Jar)". o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post

They're not giving you 1 copper, they are giving you trade mats.

Personally I say Blizzard should just scrap this shitty vendor idea totally and let people rot with their capped points. Then we will have less excuses from then about how they don't have enough resources/time to balance the classes properly.

Actually that's a great idea. Just scrap this vendor totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Snikeren View Post
    What happens to Canopic Jar, in the Tol'Vir artifacts?
    I just don't really understand why it says "Mummified Organ (Canopic Jar)". o.o
    The organ is the standard content of the jar, whenever you don't find the vial recipe.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

There are 140 teams eligible for 2200 weapons on my battlegroup (nobody above 2200 in 5s, I guess my battlegroup is a lower tier one) and across the realms that I checked, there are 18 guilds that are at least 1/13 heroic in 25 man. So there are 450 people eligible for malevolence heroic at least and 420 (140 * 3s) that are eligible for any type of PvE weapon.

Now there's no direct analogue, but I do agree that PvP weapons in PvE is a problem, just as PvE weapons in PvP is a problem. Maybe if resilience somehow negates damage from PvE weapons and PvP weapons hit less hard but have a bit of resilience penetration on them. Would have solved the problem of Shadowmourne last season.

ok i just wanna say that this proves WoW really does have the worst community ever. You bitch cause arch is a boring grind with a RNG chance for your precious epics. They upped the prices of the junk you get anyway while searching and you still bitch because now its not gonna be an effective money maker. OOOO big whoop. Are you really grinding a secondary profession for the gold? if you want to make more money do your PRIMARY profession and make your bank, trust me it works. be happy they upped the junk prices, vendor the crap, move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    << From Paragon : Al'Akir was a rather merciless boss overall. The difference on this particular boss is absolutely massive in 10-man compared to 25s due to the area scaling. Congratulations to Dream though for getting the world first in 10-man! >>

Grats to Paragon for the kill but that quote is totally pointless. In a few words they claim that Dream got an easy kill but their kill was the best(even if they kill it second) as it was harder. Very childish attitude here by Paragon and they lose some respect here...
    Its nice to get the first kill but you have to accept that sometimes you might get the second!!!!
    Get over it....
    They (rather one member, not the whole guild) made a comment on the Method World 2nd Sinestra about how they had it harder too. Apparently they're so insecure that they even have to downplay the success of guilds who have downed it after them.

CS is bugged on ptr and that needs to be fixed before this goes live.

Ret still needs a secondary HP generator, but I guess for now it can wait. But it must still happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    I think 7 an hour is fairly reasonable. If you use the stones with the solves, and depending on luck, you can get nearly 1 solve per digsite and you can easily get more than 1 digsite finished (including travel time) in under 8 minutes. Although, if you use the stones with the solves that is also potential gold lost considering you can sell them on the AH for some gold too.
    7 per hour may be possible, but that would require a lot of luck (how fitting for arch).

I don't really see the point in this change, I guess it is good if you are still grinding away with arch. But the vendor price of arch items was always a small complaint, a much more needed fix would be durations of vanity items. No idea why my ogre symbol lasts 10 minutes and has a 10 minute cooldown but the arch items only last seconds and are sometimes really underwhelming.

"Right now some hybrid classes benefit from wearing a pair of 2 piece set bonuses in PvP instead of their 4 piece bonus."

That's because, more often than not, the 4 piece bonus is garbage.

Good to see Fossil artifacts will be worth a decent amount and maybe finally I won't be grunting in disappointment when a fossil site shows up. I've got like 500 fragments piling up because I'm forced to dig at those useless sites trying to make Tol'vir appear.

There are better alternatives for making money through other professions, but at least after this change it won't feel like that big of a waste of time working on Archaeology when you don't get lucky with keystone finds (to sell in the AH) or rare solves.

The only way you can get 7 artifacts/hour is by hacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    << From Paragon : Al'Akir was a rather merciless boss overall. The difference on this particular boss is absolutely massive in 10-man compared to 25s due to the area scaling. Congratulations to Dream though for getting the world first in 10-man! >>

Grats to Paragon for the kill but that quote is totally pointless. In a few words they claim that Dream got an easy kill but their kill was the best(even if they kill it second) as it was harder. Very childish attitude here by Paragon and they lose some respect here...
    Its nice to get the first kill but you have to accept that sometimes you might get the second!!!!
    Get over it....
    Oh snap, now they're like all QQ, you really tore them a new one! And congratulations on your world #313592 Al'Akir, when ever you that might be, you really impress me!