Thinking of a brand new computer !

Hi !

I'm currently playing on a crappy laptop that overheats and has a lot of problems ...

So, I was thinking that I could buy me a new PC.
    A french hardware online seller has a few pre-made comps.

Here's what I thougt I'd buy :

Box -- Antec Three Hundred -- 54,50 €
    Power -- Antec TruePower New 650 Watts -- 79,90 €
    Motherboard -- Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 -- 92,90 €
    Processor -- AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition -- 123,90 €
    Cooling -- Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - RR-CCH-212P-GP -- 22,90 €
    Memory -- Kingston HyperX 4Go Dual Channel DDR3 PC10666 CAS7 (KHX1333C7D3K2/4G) -- 78,90 €
    HardDrive -- Samsung SpinPoint F3 - 1 To SATA II 7200trs/mn 32Mo (HD103SJ) -- 49,79 €
    Dvd Burner -- Samsung SH-S223C -- 14,60 €
    Gcard -- Club 3D GeForce GTX 460 - 1Go -- 178,49 €

More details here :
    http://www.materiel.net/ordinateur/m...bic-64084.html

This comp is sold 750€ ( around $1000 US) I don't want to spend much more, since I also have to buy a screen

Screen I was thinking of : http://www.materiel.net/ecran-lcd/lg...-pf-51139.html

What do you think of it ?

Is this : http://www.materiel.net/ordinateur/m...per-63446.html really worth paying a little bit more (i5 2500k inside)?

Hope you'll give me some advice !
    Last edited by Meerah; 2011-01-22 at 11:43 PM.

You don't need a 650W PSU. I have pretty much the same system and a good quality 400W PSU (Cougar SE400) which is still more than enough.

Thanks for your advice

The thing is, this is a pre-made comp, and I'm not sure I'll be able to build my own PC, I just want to have advices on it.
    Is this computer worth 750euros (1000 us dollars), what do you think of it. Would you advice me to buy the 2nd PC I've linked instead of this one, is there a big difference.

I just don't want to throw my money in something not worth it.

If you have a choice, always go with Intel for gaming, they are much better. The Intel i5 2500k is one of the fastest CPUs you can get, so it is definitely worth the extra 70 euros. Go with the second build!

Although while you technically may be able to run a build like that on a 400W PSU under certain circumstances, I would never recommend it.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    If you have a choice, always go with Intel for gaming, they are much better. The Intel i5 2500k is one of the fastest CPUs you can get, so it is definitely worth the extra 70 euros. Go with the second build!

Although while you technically may be able to run a build like that on a 400W PSU under certain circumstances, I would never recommend it.
    Thanks, your advice was helpful.
    I think I'm going to get the second build

If anyone has any advice to add, I'm listening !

Ps : what do you think of the screen ?

I don't understand French, but I understand Computers! Both are great gaming rigs, but if you can get the same CPU Heatsink for the Intel rig, I would definitely go for that and overclock. Either one is a very good deal.

Thanks Cantii. Even if you're not french, there's a description in the middle / bottom of the page

If someone has something to add, I'll be grateful !

PS : What do you think of the screen ?

I was wondering, so I'm back for a few questions :

I'm going to play on a 1920x1080 monitor (the one linked above).

With this PC ,

Intel Core i5 2500K @3.3Ghz
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460
    MSI P67A-GD55
    4Gigs of G.Skill DDR3

How's going to behave my FPS during 25man raids (on ultra I suppose) ?
    I'd like to have feedbacks from ppl playing with the same sort of comp.

Thanks !

That's a nice monitor, 5ms response gray-to-white and 2ms response gray-to-gray (though I wish they listed gray-to-black, that's the one you really want to see), good size, 1920x1080. With that computer, you'll be pulling very playable framerates in a 25 man on ultra, I'd say around 40FPS during intense moments.

Is that 819 Euro after taxes? Add the monitor in there, you're looking at around $1300 after all's said and done. That's a little high, but considering prices of components in Europe, I'd say that's not that bad of a price all around.
    Last edited by Cantii; 2011-01-26 at 07:44 AM.