Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    That reminds me a lot of the treasure chests in low-level areas.

No bans resulted, just a funny memory.

~~~Reading below this line will increase the your chance of disbelief at the risk of possibly invoking a smile. Consider yourself warned.~~~

I was on my Undead Warlock, clearing out some house in Tirisfal Glades, when I saw a treasure chest. Mind you, I was new (I still thought that other players saw the shining loot on my kills, so I looted as fast as I could without knowing how to auto-loot, I would actually panic when my inventory was full and I couldn't pick up a quest item).

So I did what any new player did, and freaked out about this chest. I ran up to it and tried to open it, but I was attacked.

Enter the Rogue.

So the Rogue gets a few seconds into opening MY chest, and HE gets attacked. It's now a race to open the chest, and my heart is racing.

I win.

I proudly loot a handful of copper, some cheese, a linen cloth, and a junk shield.

"I BAN U".

"What?"

"U STEEL MY BOX I BAN U MY FRIEND IS GM"

"I'm sorry, I was here first."

"5 GOLD"

"What?"

"GIVE ME 5 GOLD AND I WONT TELL MY GM FRIEND"

"I don't have 5 gold. You're welcome to this shield though." I then spend like two minutes trying to figure out how to trade this shield. I look back up, manual in hand, and the Rogue is dead."

"HOW U KILL ME?"

Then I found out I could right click portraits. Trade and ignore are so close together. . . Yeah, ignore sounds better.

I haven't been banned yet, and i really dont know why. I had used bad words in the past etc.. :S
    Abolishment, i dont care if u say the truth, u r win! :P
    Got a Warlock as a main, a Druid and a DK at 80 as alts and lvling a Rogue..

"You are only as good player, as the guild you are into"

Deleted
    Well this is a VERY stupid ban from an EU server. There is only 2 characters named Siriom in the entire EU servers, a mage from Grim Batol.. and a banned rogue from Twillight's hammer. The rogue was actually a friend of mine that was not a farmer or a bot or anything. He was simply a no lifer and very BIG fan of auction house back in TBC days. He was about to reach gold cap in his third character (YES!) with JC and Tailoring/enchant when he got is account banned fr life by the usual suspects, saying that no one but a gold farmer needed that huge ammount of gold. He tryed to explain by e-mail that he wasn't a gold farmer, nor a bot... no success... U can check on armory... The rogue name is Siriom from twillight hammer EU...

10+ Year Old Account
    Abolishment you haz naow +10 internetz.
    Not every n00b is a bad player, but every bad player is a n00b.

This isn't quite in the same spirit, but our guild was doing really well on the 4th boss in MH back in BC, about to down him. Suddenly we were informed that we all had to log NOW so he could change our guild name. Apparently it was bad name.

It's name? <Double Fisted>

What did we change it to? After much dickering <Indecisive>

Good times.

Had a guy in my current guild called Geifweed before apparently that was AN ILLGAL substance and he was not aloud to have that name so he got banned for 72 hous xD, he got a free name change and change it to Geifwiid, but he was so pissed of so he namechanged for money back to Geifweeds. and he used an that there did exisit an item in game called "weeds" so yeah now apparently it was OK with that name xD I found that hillarious tbh xD

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment View Post
    Never been banned.

Have gotten a lot of people banned though.

I don't like being harassed.

Like when I was mind controlling Gamon (with exciting Death Knight punting abilities) and kicking the AH bots away from the auctioneers. Occasionally I would find an actual player. Sometimes he would say mean words. I'd remind him that Gamon is A) Mind Controllable and B) able to kick players so C) clever use of game mechanics. One particular person was incredibly insistent that I go fornicate myself. I jokingly mentioned that "instead of buffing Shadow Priest, they gave us a new puppet so we had something to entertain us while the viable DPS are raiding". He snarkily insinuated that my mother was of ill repute. I alerted him to my distaste on the subject (my mother, not her ill repute), and ignored him. He switched characters to take another shot at her reputation. I reminded him that circumventing ignore for repeated harassment was bannable, assured him that (although his knowledge of my mother was unnatural) the subject was uncomfortable, ignored him, and proceeded to punt him so he couldn't log out (it kept him in combat and constantly interrupted his logout timer). He eventually made it to another alt. And another.

A day later his GM informed me that I was a series of terrible names, and I had just gotten their main tank banned for the weekend raid. The next day, the GM returned on a separate (unbanned) account to inform me that I had just gotten their off-tank banned for the weekend raid.

Two days later, I received many hurtful letters from many guildies explaining how I was a very bad person and their guild is falling apart because of me. It was about this time that a GM informed me that Gamon would not have his punt next patch, as many people have complained about it. I was however, free to "enjoy it while I can", because it IS indeed hilarious, and although he approves, it is impacting the experiences of others in an (arguably) negative way. He assured me that no negative actions would be taken against my account, and he was sorry for the attitude of the recently disbanded guild.

A day after that, I received another letter, this time from the wife of the former GM, saying that both of his accounts were permanently closed for A) continued harassment B) circumventing ignore requests C) directing his guild to harass another player D) ignoring temporary bans and multiple warnings to cease harassment on the innocent, raidless Priest.

She then thanked me for giving him a reason to quit this time sink and spend more time with his five (lawl breeder) children. His combined 200 days /played would now sit, frozen in time, as a testament to my glory.

I then logged out. Took a deep breath, and laughed harder than I ever believed possible.
    If this was Facebook I'd like this post. A million times!

Quote Originally Posted by gibbie99 View Post
    This isn't quite in the same spirit, but our guild was doing really well on the 4th boss in MH back in BC, about to down him. Suddenly we were informed that we all had to log NOW so he could change our guild name. Apparently it was bad name.

It's name? <Double Fisted>

What did we change it to? After much dickering <Indecisive>

Good times.
    Apparently someone doesn't care for drinking.

But postponing an entire raid because someone is a little too sensitive? Ridiculous. You have dragons to kill!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington
    I say, you seem to be under the impression that "double fisted" only pertains to the drinking term, and not the entirely inappropriate double-meaning of the term "fisted".
    I say, you seem to be intent on ruining everyone's fun tonight, my dear chap.

gamon isnt MCable, dont try lolz

Deleted
    All jokes are good no matter what theme is included and what age is auditory. Banning for joking is prejudicial behaviour. If one bans for a joke its same as racism. Period.
    ps. Never got banned tho

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgrazr View Post
    gamon isnt MCable, dont try lolz
    Well, now he isn't. Which is a shame, because he has all of this pent-up rage from being killed for all of these years, and no one to push him to act out his revenge. . .

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was arguing with someone on how frost mages needed a nerf, was pretty drunk...you know,it was around Christmas time, so I'm sure everyone was, and I dunno...just let "Ima crash a plane into your house" slip out...bam, trade went nuts...got 3 days for that =/

10+ Year Old Account
    My bro got 3 day bad for saying "H SH raven run was as easy as bashing an infant". It was 3 days he had off work he was so pissed lol
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Not me View Post
    True. I don't think Blizzard hands out permanent bans on the game account so easily.
    I might have read wrong, but i don't think he said the ban was permanent.

I have no way of knowing if said accounts were indeed permanently closed, or if the person I was speaking to was sanctimoniously enthralled to the gentlemen with whom I mixed words. What I do know is what I saw, and what I saw was hilarious.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Doubters
    Doubt Blizzard closes accounts all willey-nilley.
    You'd be surprised what a combination of "harassment", "naming and shaming", "ban circumvention to continue harassment", "inciting a riot without proper consent from Paramore", and "whatever banworthy occurrences happened in this situation that I didn't see", possibly including but not limited to:
    mockery of a game master
    taking of the game too seriously
    having 300 days /played
    forcing your wife to level your cooking
    general snarkiness

Try it sometime, if you're eager to see. Maybe that GM was having a bad day. Maybe that GM had a personal agenda against said guild. Maybe I was lied to by a very convincing troll.

I for one, would like to believe that it happened. A man with five kids doesn't need to spend 7200+ hours killing virtual dragons. It's that kind of behavior that gets SuperNanny all up in your grill.

Was banned for linking [Coming down the mountain][For the children] and ANAL [For the children] in trade xD
    Some people just don't have any humor xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment View Post
    I for one, would like to believe that it happened. A man with five kids doesn't need to spend 7200+ hours killing virtual dragons. It's that kind of behavior that gets SuperNanny all up in your grill.
    Oh lol!

I've not seen any funny bans, the only one "seen" was our GM getting banned for his account being hacked (was only a few hour ban), which resulted in our guild falling apart. Kinda bizarre since he's pretty obscene in chat all the time

Abolishment, I love your posts

Quote Originally Posted by Not me View Post

A day after that, I received another letter, this time from the wife of the former GM, saying that both of his accounts were permanently closed for A) continued harassment B) circumventing ignore requests C) directing his guild to harass another player D) ignoring temporary bans and multiple warnings to cease harassment on the innocent, raidless Priest.
    Ah sorry, my bad.

i had a one day ban for extreme violent sexual harassment, cuz i was insulting a ninja mage that stole my muradin's spyglass. i just loled when i read this. i guess i used some pretty bad language :]

10+ Year Old Account
    My original account got hacked toward the end of BC and although I sent in emails, called the support line, changed all my passwords and even reinstalled windows I still kept getting hacked over and over. I had a bunch of gold at the time because rogues could sneak around dungeons and pick chests open for blues etc so after about a month of fighting for my account back, I was advised the decision was final and my account was permanently locked. I had that account since the week of release.