Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizz favors PvE

i've been noticing alot these past few weeks about worlds first this and worlds first that raid completion, what i don't see is worlds first 2200 2v2 team or worlds first 2200 rated BG rating, idk about u guys but i think those r just as big of achivements as downing some AI and they should get reconistion too

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's really not Blizzard you should say is favouring PvE but the community.

Deleted
    You are trolling blizzard is constantly trying to balance classes, the only reason for them to do this is PvP.

That's not the same thing in my opinion. It has NOTHING to do with lore to begin with. And also, someone will at some point get there no matter what. This is because, if one team loses, there is always another one winning. There are always rating given out, and loses. But I guess you get my point.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is PVE centred by design. So wow, astonishing revelation there. Also, 2v2 isn't even balanced, so who cares? I'm sure on PVP based sites you will hear more about PVP related incidents, but not on this one.

I consider PVP to be little more than a side-offering in this game. There's far better games for its purposes.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

This game was made with PVE in mind. PVP has been second to PVE since release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I demand to know why i should congrats someone for getting arena points to 2200?

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Deleted
    Because nobody cares if dklol and pwnzor win against arthasdk and holypally?

Like others have said, it is clear Blizzard favors PVE due to all the balancing that occurs for PVE fairness, oh wait...

i think PvP and PvE are both major aspects of the game, one may choose to PvE as end game or PvP,the fact is PvE is more than likly easyer to develop due to the fact you don't need to consider each class speificly in what ways they can use there ablities to harm the other class

Quote Originally Posted by Yetzirah View Post
    Because nobody cares if dklol and pwnzor win against arthasdk and holypally?
    Only because dklol and pwnzor lost all respect when they transferred out of Paragon. If they'd stayed in Paragon, people would care.

Quote Originally Posted by Crush View Post
    I demand to know why i should congrats someone for getting arena points to 2200?
    you should prbly know i didn't mean points AT ALL i ment rating

Going to guess it's because 2.2k is like the equivalent of killing some random boss on normal.
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

Blizzard progresses the story through PVE content. You're not going to save the world from Deathwing in an arena.

On a more serious note though, the above posters have already said it. It's not necessarily Blizzard favouring one, but the community acknowledging the achievements of PVE world first raiders.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    You're coming from entirely the wrong perspective.

1. This game was built from the ground up around PvE. It is only with time it has gained any kind of measurable pvp (and in the process removed a lot of the actual fun pvp). Given it is probably the most successful video game of all time (certainly of online, MMOs, RPGs, and fantasy games), you can reasonably say the PvE element is just a little bit more important than pvp ...

2. That said, the focus on PvE as it relates to your point about "firsts" of anything is exclusively from the WoW community. Blizzard couldn't give a rat's ass about anyone getting "world firsts" in any aspect of the game. As far as I know there were never any such achievements, only realm firsts. Though admittedly, Blizzard continue to check very carefully the first realm firsts to make sure no exploits were used.

So, maybe you need to plead a bit more with the community rather than start finger pointing at Blizzard... They only made the game - its the community that drives itself mad about "super achievements".

Quote Originally Posted by Magnett View Post
    Going to guess it's because 2.2k is like the equivalent of killing some random boss on normal.
    2.2k is about = to clearing raid on normal, 2.6k is about = to clearing all raid content on heroic (3v3 and 5v5 that is, 2v2 dosn't count)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnett View Post
    Said the guy that obviously never been above 2k. But hey people. DOnt let this turn into another PVE is harder than PVP thread.

We all know whats harder and takes more skill

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    Said the guy that obviously never been above 2k. But hey people. DOnt let this turn into another PVE is harder than PVP thread.

Neither?
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Deleted
    Blizzcon don't have a PvE tournaments?

No but seriously, achieving 2200 is nothing regardless of wheter it's world first or world's last, people that are doing arenas and preform well are getting their recognition in tournaments such as MLG, ESL, Blizzcon etc etc. The concept of wow as an "E-sport" consist of 99% arena and if you're good enough at it you're getting payed.

Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post

If you think I'm defending PvE by saying 2.2k means absolutely nothing unless you plan on proudly strutting Rival around, you probably have never been above 2.2k yourself.

2.2k isn't an achievement, 2.5k+ is, killing normal bosses isn't an achievement, killing bosses on heroic is. I don't PvE, I don't care which one is easier and I don't give two shits about PvP "world firsts" not getting posted.
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.