Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    "Often times when people change, even slightly, their view of the world changes and the things around them look somewhat different -- the natural assumption is to believe the world has changed." - Eyonix

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    "Often times when people change, even slightly, their view of the world changes and the things around them look somewhat different -- the natural assumption is to believe the world has changed." - Eyonix
    i remember when i was leveling back in vanilla id get ganked at least 5-10 times an hour by level 60's that were just passing by. i also remember how id know everyone on BGS and most of them knew me as well. granted nothing big but it was nice.

go level a char now, the world is so dead itll be hard to believe this is the "most popular" mmo around

so no, things did change. maybe the world is too big and were the same amount of players? sure thats 1 reason. another huge reason is LFD but oh well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    People that keep stating the game hasnt changed but you have need to consider this something. Most people are saying there isnt enough filler content or "fun" activities. Most people who have played the past 3-4+ years have changed, most of us are a lot older with more responsibilities and less time to play. So if I have changed and now have less time to play, why does it feel like there is less to do?

Just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    You're just feeling nostalgic. I'm over Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK. Cata is now and if you think it's not as "polished" as BC then you probably didn't play the day BC even came out. The community was never any better during BC. You had the same elitists and egotistical players that exist now. You had the same trade trolls that are there now. Now that the game has even more subscriptions, we just have more of them.

No neutral city is a BLESSING. Thank god. Neutral cities were crap. We're opposing factions who HATE each other and for the first time since Vanilla we are separated again and to that I say 'Good riddance.'

QFT, listen to this man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiireballz View Post
    Not true, i still find the game itself very exciting just the other day we got a few attempts on Nefarion and while we failed epicley. It was equal to the excitment i felt in the beggining. Its exciting. The thread is about the communinty.
    while i have never noticed much of a difference in community, due to the fact that any online game has endless waves of trolls and douchebags ive pretty much stayed clear of trade channel, and general in some cases, only joining when i needed something. it really knocks down the aggrivation level with others.

as for the epic feeling. the game still has that, say what anyone wants to say but i was as excited and pumped when i down putricide as i was arthas. getting together and accomplishing a goal to me is what keeps this game interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Further more, people need to stop being delusional that we sorta got ripped off with this xpac. Five levels, a handful of dungeons, and a whole mess of reused graphics from all the years and it only took casuals 3 days to hit cap. Improved upon systems, but nothing revolutionary to the game. You could argue the changes to the old world, but that was given to everyone and is not expansion content no matter which way you slice it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is 6 years old. It's old. It's just like working at a job, it gets old, you get tired of it. You find a new one, unless you are upper management, which I would probably relate Ensidia/Paragon/Nihilum. Shit, they even changed their name, probably cause it felt old.
    You own a car for 6 years, its old, you buy a new one. It's probably breaking down or they've changed the look of it already, you want something new.

You get a 25 year old girlfriend, 6 years later she's 31 with her biological clock ticking, she's old, you dump her and get a new 21 year old.

People want new things, when was the last time you played a video game for 6 years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiireballz View Post
    There was a lot more to do in BC honestly. Aslo to get rep with any of the Cata reps i basicly have to instance grind. where as before i could do dailies.
    so there are no hellscream, therazane, or dragonmaw dailies?

if im not mistaken in BC you also got faction rep from dungeons, and when you capped out, thats it. at least in wrath and cata you can put on another tabard and continue along.

Quote Originally Posted by nerfducken View Post
    WoW is 6 years old. It's old. It's just like working at a job, it gets old, you get tired of it. You find a new one, unless you are upper management, which I would probably relate Ensidia/Paragon/Nihilum. Shit, they even changed their name, probably cause it felt old.
    You own a car for 6 years, its old, you buy a new one. It's probably breaking down or they've changed the look of it already, you want something new.

You get a 25 year old girlfriend, 6 years later she's 31 with her biological clock ticking, she's old, you dump her and get a new 21 year old.

People want new things, when was the last time you played a video game for 6 years?
    valid point. the longest ive invested in a game was like 3 years on final fantasy 7 and i have spent a 1000 times more time on wow then that. however with age also comes reliability as well.

this game is older now but its established as interesting, engaging and just simply fun. you do get to meet lots of people and you are working toward a common goal. the game is older but it sure isnt boring to me at least and i really dont want anything new.

and yes my truck is 6 years old, and i dont want to trade it in....yet
    Last edited by davidwh2; 2011-01-28 at 11:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfducken View Post
    This is something I've hardly even thought about. I can't really think of any video game that I've played as often as WoW and for that length of time. I sure did beat Ocarina of Time about 100 times but even then I probably invested less than half the time I have in WoW. Strange to think about it that way, that a game has the ability to keep me hooked for this long.

---------- Post added 2011-01-28 at 11:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by davidwh2 View Post
    so there are no hellscream, therazane, or dragonmaw dailies?

if im not mistaken in BC you also got faction rep from dungeons, and when you capped out, thats it. at least in wrath and cata you can put on another tabard and continue along.
    Not just that, but you aren't limited to a certain dungeon. You can farm a dungeon you actually need gear from and get rep for whatever faction you want rep for.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Use paragraphs. I refuse to read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by armpit View Post
    Use paragraphs. I refuse to read it.
    We are over this read or gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by Tantric View Post
    If you think he actually said BC was more polished then you didn't read his post at all...

He meant that BC was better, possibly because it was less polished....

Less commercial...

Less Balanced... And to be honest, I agree. Everyone says its just Nostalgia, but it is not, BC was more fun. Peroid. Back before GC and activision. Not everything was cut and dry like it is now. It was more exciting.

Not that cata is terrible or anything. I am having fun, but its not the same. And anyone who actually played BC knows it.
    These are my exact feelings as well. I don't think there's enough just "fun" things at the end-game. For the most part, everyone is correct in that "it's just always been this way" but the problem is, Blizzard was good at hiding it in previous expansions. While the game has always been this way, there were lots of fun little things the experience interesting and it was well hidden. With Cataclysm I feel like they stopped trying to hide it. I'll give some examples of what I mean.

Burning Crusade had factions like Netherwing, Ogri'la, Skyguard, Shattered Sun, ect. to do when not raiding/dungeons. I loved doing all these fun little things in between raids and dungeons. While also finishing all the quests in the zones (before loremaster). Cataclysm has none of these.

Wrath of the Lich King had the Wolvar/Oracles. The "main" factions (like Wyrmrest) also had fun items. I enjoyed getting my Red Drake from them. I enjoyed managing my money to get things like the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth, the Chopper, ect. While the Cataclysm dungeons and raids are much better designed, WoTLK had a much better factions.

Cataclysm has none of the fluff of the previous expansions. While WotLK dungeons sucked royally (something Cataclysm vastly improved on) it lacks a lot of the fun WotLK and TBC had. There's very little "fluff." The fluff content is what keeps the game interesting outside of the dungeon grinds. The only faction with any fluff in Cataclysm is Tol Barad. I have a lot of issues with Tol Barad. No, I'm not talking about the Battleground, I'm talking about the questing zone. I loved the graphical work of this island, I thought it looked amazing. But the area feels so slapped together in terms of story, quest, and rep. There is no lore at all for this island. The backstory of the zone is also very shaky. None of the quests in the zone tell you anything. Why are Rustbeg Villagers insane and practicing blood magic, what happened at the Shipyard, what happend at Farson Keep? None of this is even touched upon. Immersion is a very important part of gameplay to me personally, and Tol Barad has no immersion (while Wintergrasp had plenty, and wasn't even a questing zone). The only faction in the game with any fluff items is Tol Barad. So you have to farm this place (not enjoyable at all) for the fun stuff. This is in comparison to the fluff items of previous expansions which I found very fun to farm.

Summery:
    1. Cataclysm has far less immersion than TBC or Wrath.
    2. Cataclysm has significantly less fluff than TBC or Wrath.
    3. Cataclysm doesn't hide "how it's always been" as well as the previous expansions.

That is my main point. Cataclysm nailed dungeons (where Wrath missed) but missed on everything Wrath actually did well.

I'll refer to the person I quoted.

Less commercial...

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    These are my exact feelings as well. I don't think there's enough just "fun" things at the end-game. For the most part, everyone is correct in that "it's just always been this way" but the problem is, Blizzard was good at hiding it in previous expansions. While the game has always been this way, there were lots of fun little things the experience interesting and it was well hidden. With Cataclysm I feel like they stopped trying to hide it. I'll give some examples of what I mean.

Burning Crusade had factions like Netherwing, Ogri'la, Skyguard, Shattered Sun, ect. to do when not raiding/dungeons. I loved doing all these fun little things in between raids and dungeons. While also finishing all the quests in the zones (before loremaster). Cataclysm has none of these.

Wrath of the Lich King had the Wolvar/Oracles. The "main" factions (like Wyrmrest) also had fun items. I enjoyed getting my Red Drake from them. I enjoyed managing my money to get things like the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth, the Chopper, ect. While the Cataclysm dungeons and raids are much better designed, WoTLK had a much better factions.

Cataclysm has none of the fluff of the previous expansions. While WotLK dungeons sucked royally (something Cataclysm vastly improved on) it lacks a lot of the fun WotLK and TBC had. There's very little "fluff." The fluff content is what keeps the game interesting outside of the dungeon grinds. The only faction with any fluff in Cataclysm is Tol Barad. I have a lot of issues with Tol Barad. No, I'm not talking about the Battleground, I'm talking about the questing zone. I loved the graphical work of this island, I thought it looked amazing. But the area feels so slapped together in terms of story, quest, and rep. There is no lore at all for this island. The backstory of the zone is also very shaky. None of the quests in the zone tell you anything. Why are Rustbeg Villagers insane and practicing blood magic, what happened at the Shipyard, what happend at Farson Keep? None of this is even touched upon. Immersion is a very important part of gameplay to me personally, and Tol Barad has no immersion (while Wintergrasp had plenty, and wasn't even a questing zone). The only faction in the game with any fluff items is Tol Barad. So you have to farm this place (not enjoyable at all) for the fun stuff. This is in comparison to the fluff items of previous expansions which I found very fun to farm.

Summery:
    1. Cataclysm has far less immersion than TBC or Wrath.
    2. Cataclysm has significantly less fluff than TBC or Wrath.
    3. Cataclysm doesn't hide "how it's always been" as well as the previous expansions.

That is my main point. Cataclysm nailed dungeons (where Wrath missed) but missed on everything Wrath actually did well.

I'll refer to the person I quoted.
    ...Was a double post really neccessary?