Page 11 of 226 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    lol ppl talking shit about a game and they haven't played beta. this is no aion hype noobs. this game is legit. play beta on friday or stfu and gtfo.
    The most trusted and reliable mainstream republican website: http://Dailystormer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ruak View Post
    There are 3 things in total that WoW provides better than RIFT:

1. The greatest thing that WoW provides better than RIFT (and than any other MMORPG out there actually) is the intuitive free responsive fluid movement and controls. The "reaction" of your character is so awesome that I have yet to see another MMORPG (or even a single player game) to match it and the freedom feeling it gives.
    This is true. I must say i love Rift so far and i can't wait till beta 6 starts. It's fresh, it's fun, it's challenging, it feels good, the graphics are cool, etc. But what has my concern is character movement. When comparing it with Wow it just feels stiff and clunkcy, also combat (pvp) feels a bit slow paced because of this. Another thing is character animations & sounds, they are all quite bland and just not outstanding (at least for my character). I played a female Bahmi and i found her animations & sounds all a bit boring and generic. I think Wow does a much better job on this matter. But I don't know, maybe Trion has yet to improve this. I will certainly give Rift a shot though, it got me hooked the few days i played it =)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I already told you why it was more fun. Because it was different....
    You didn't "tell" me anything.. your lips flapped for several minutes but nothing relating to actual in-game experience came forth.

Not trying to sound like a dick here (I'm really not), but it doesn't sound like it's worth the download so far.

I usually go single-player if I want a break from WoW.
    I perfectly understand and respect your right to choose what is interesting to you and how you want to spend your time.. what I am baffled about is.. why you are een participating in this thread? Does it bother you that people have been able ot move on from WoW? I mean seriously.. what motivations would you have to participate in an off-topic thread about a game you don't care for? Are you secretly hoping we can somehow convince you?

Not why I am here... I created this thread to share info about a game I found infinitely more interesting than WoW... and for those peeps that are as bored of it (and plenty of peeps in this thread stated those exact words) can have some imagery to relate to and some opinions form people whp have made the move.

---------- Post added 2011-02-01 at 08:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    I can. Hype.

BTW, I hear hype wears off. May want to check you have the funds to reactivate WoW when you're bored/realise the game is nothing new.
    You are quite correct! The Hype of Cataclysm wore off in 4 short weeks. Glad I had the funds to buy Rift and sub for 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Physicx View Post
    lol ppl talking shit about a game and they haven't played beta. this is no aion hype noobs. this game is legit. play beta on friday or stfu and gtfo.
    yea yea fo shizzle dawgs

Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent View Post
    You didn't "tell" me anything.. your lips flapped for several minutes but nothing relating to actual in-game experience came forth.
    Your lips have flapped (or fingers typed, rather) for much longer than that, but you have yet to reveal anything that makes this game anything but 'different'.

I perfectly understand and respect your right to choose what is interesting to you and how you want to spend your time.. what I am baffled about is.. why you are een participating in this thread? Does it bother you that people have been able ot move on from WoW? I mean seriously.. what motivations would you have to participate in an off-topic thread about a game you don't care for? Are you secretly hoping we can somehow convince you?

Not why I am here... I created this thread to share info about a game I found infinitely more interesting than WoW... and for those peeps that are as bored of it (and plenty of peeps in this thread stated those exact words) can have some imagery to relate to and some opinions form people whp have made the move.
    You've argued more than once that Rift is, without room for argument, better than WoW. I argue that it isn't.

It's as simple as that. Why would you bother telling people it's better in the first place if it was clear they didn't want to leave?
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

[QUOTE=Syridian;10303395]Sorry, this is very endearing, but idealistic and naive. You're right, you cannot balance such a vast array of classes, meaning several combinations will have clear advatages and disadvantages at launch.

This will cause one of two things to happen - 1) Nothing. Game will flop instaneously and developers will cut losses and leave game as is.

2) Combo's will be homogenised to erase imbalances/unfair advantages, and at the same time, remove this individuality that you mention. Sure you could still be part paladin, or w/e the jargon they've decided to use is, but at the end of the day, he'll have Mortal strike, and you'll have Holy Mortal Strike.[COLOR="red"][QUOTE]

You are right, there are duplications of skills with slight differences. But that's part of the players choices. Some will make sure they do not duplicate, some will want to enhance something about that skill by having more than one in the same category. Whatever a player decides to do, they will have a toon that has skill combinations that are individual to them. Of course, there are ppl in chat asking what build works best for what class. So, for those ppl there will be a cookie cutter toon when they are done. But for those of us who want to play with these choices, put together skills that might not seem to fit, it will be a whole lot of fun to see what comes of it.

I don't agree with your thinking regarding a total failure of the game if the toons are not completely balanced. In fact, I think that games have failed because being balanced has taken all the fun out of the game. I can only hope the devs will hold to their original plans and allow the players to pick and choose skills and that these skills will make a difference between one toon and the next. If their choices gives them a great toon, then kudos to them. It's not a death sentence.

[QUOTE]

Rift will not be balanced by the classes , it will be balanced by strict rules and mechanic

just think about it 1min it make alot of sense

Lightfist, have you been playing in beta? Everyone has their own ideas about what is good about a game and what is not. Certainly there will be some people who won't enjoy the game. But for those who are flaming Rift and have not played a minute of it yet, well, that just makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbaday View Post
    Lightfist, have you been playing in beta? Everyone has their own ideas about what is good about a game and what is not. Certainly there will be some people who won't enjoy the game. But for those who are flaming Rift and have not played a minute of it yet, well, that just makes no sense at all.
    Is there a way to block a signature, like not to be able to see it anymore , i hate his gay sig (Lightfist) ..... + he think he knows everything about a game he didnt play just because he doesnt want WoW to die.

Whether you hate his sig or not, don't insult people. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-02-02 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbaday View Post
    I'm not flaming. I never said it was a bad game. I questioned what made it better.

If such a definitive claim can be made, then defending it should be easy.

Well I've been playing the beta and it's an absolute blast, I'm having fun? Wow what on earth does that word mean in todays world of warcraft?
    I won't agree with the whole "wow killer" because wow has become too big to just collapse, but blizzard are doing a fantastic job at killing their own game, without the help of other games such as Rift.
    And i just had to lol at the comparison screenshots, I play on Ultra settings and really forgot just how pathetic the graphics were xD.
    Wow is now a dumbed down monkey faceroll game where everysingle class follows the exact same route some scrandom on a website has told you that you must use. Since when has balanced equalled fun? If Rift continue to let people develop their own characters the way the player wants to then that's just fantastic. Beats being a carbon copy of a class that everysingle person in stormwind has copied off some silly website.

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    Is there a way to block a signature, like not to be able to see it anymore , i hate his gay sig (Lightfist) ..... + he think he knows everything about a game he didnt play just because he doesnt want WoW to die.
    Haters gonna hate.

(And reported...not that it matters since you'll be off on the super cool rift fansite).

---------- Post added 2011-02-01 at 08:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Well I've been playing the beta and it's an absolute blast, I'm having fun? Wow what on earth does that word mean in todays world of warcraft?
    I won't agree with the whole "wow killer" because wow has become too big to just collapse, but blizzard are doing a fantastic job at killing their own game, without the help of other games such as Rift.
    And i just had to lol at the comparison screenshots, I play on Ultra settings and really forgot just how pathetic the graphics were xD.
    Wow is now a dumbed down monkey faceroll game where everysingle class follows the exact same route some scrandom on a website has told you that you must use. Since when has balanced equalled fun? If Rift continue to let people develop their own characters the way the player wants to then that's just fantastic. Beats being a carbon copy of a class that everysingle person in stormwind has copied off some silly website.
    Balanced as equaled 'fun' since you could play a class as you wanted to without getting raped.

[QUOTE
    ''I like Rift PQ's, I did not like WAR PQ's''

Completely different indeed. Feel free to mention some of these differences, you've only mentioned things that occur indentically in WAR from where I stand. (Invasion PQ's, aka AMG WAVES OF MOBS WITH BOSS AT END) (Not having to group up)

So far, my point seems to have been reinforced. cheers.[/QUOTE]

Have you played in the beta yet? It is not easy to define a different feeling from one game to the next. Yes, the idea of a public group is not new and fighting a boss is not new either, but when I participated in WO PQ's it was bland. There was no excitement to it. It was a great idea, it just didn't feel engrossing or immediate. It's very hard to explain feelings, as I said before. When I participated in the rift invasions, there was an exhilaration, a feeling of energy all around me. I felt like I was truly in this invasion/event. I was part of it, I was helping to get rid of a threat, it was important....I was involved. It was hard to kill them....it took a long time. Sometimes I thought they were gone and then a whole new group of mobs would jump out at me. When it was over I wanted to jump up and down and pat everyone on the back, shake their hands. I wanted to yell 'Good job everyone, we got em.' It was a public invasion with lots of people taking part. There were mobs everywhere and bosses to kill. The scenario was not new. But, the experience was. I don't know how else to explain it...it was different, it was new and it was tons of fun.

Haters gonna hate.

(And reported...not that it matters since you'll be off on the super cool rift fansite).

---------- Post added 2011-02-01 at 08:22 PM ----------

Balanced as equaled 'fun' since you could play a class as you wanted to without getting raped.
    That's your opinion, this is my opinion. In any game i have ever played regardless of genre, and especially in FPS balance has NEVER EVER meant fun. Black ops take a huge bow here. Then again I'm not one of those people who sit on the forums crying all day to Blizzard when the latest patch notes show a 5% mana increase in one of their spells. You get on with it. The customization alone is a fantastic feature which can hands down (if managed in the right way) destroy the carbon copy dumbed down monkey rubbish that wow has to offer at this moment in time.

You've argued more than once that Rift is, without room for argument, better than WoW. I argue that it isn't.

It's as simple as that. Why would you bother telling people it's better in the first place if it was clear they didn't want to leave?
    You argue without playing both and that makes you ignorant of at least half the material. It is asinine to think your opinion holds any merit... we have been kind to you up to this point... but if you cannot be bothered to try the beta... I cannot be bothered having a debate with the ignorant.
    I will close with one final description of direct differences:

1) Talents/trees/specs If you haven't played you can't possible understand. But I like being able to choose from different PvE trees to create my custom spec.

2) Rifts - If you haven't played you cannot possibly understand.. best description is like it's PvE Battlegrounds that you can choose or not choose to participate in.

3) Artifact collecting - interesting and rewarding.. unlike Archeology which is redundant and a waste of time past max level. You can't understand unless you see for yourself how it works.

4) Immersion - A wide combination of factors that creates an environment that makes me feel more a part of what is happening. The higher quality graphics, the art style, the music, the sound effects, the storylines woven by the quest text and NPC conversation, the immediacy sometimes created by emerging rifts, the excitement of exploring new places that HAVE all the preceding features... it all adds up to an attraction... it draws me in.

These are the TOP things that I can think of that make Rift a no questions asked winner as to where I will send my MMO time. I'm sorry if that's not convincing for you... I'm sorry I know how much you want to feel excited like we are.

Why would I post this? Well last time I checked this was an off=tpoic Video Games forum... not the "We don't want to leave" Forum. This is exactly where one would post their findings of a new or existing game other than WoW.

I'm not flaming. I never said it was a bad game. I questioned what made it better.

If such a definitive claim can be made, then defending it should be easy.
    You didn't answer me, though. Are you playing the Rift beta?

I'm going to buy Rift and get to max level during my free month. If endgame isn't fun, I'll quit and go back to WoW. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenicks View Post
    I'm going to buy Rift and get to max level during my free month. If endgame isn't fun, I'll quit and go back to WoW. Simple as that.
    If endgame is what floats your boat then what the hell you doing going to wow? xD lol

Banned, I think there may be an option to not see signatures...check under settings.

You argue without playing both and that makes you ignorant of at least half the material. It is asinine to think your opinion holds any merit... we have been kind to you up to this point... but if you cannot be bothered to try the beta... I cannot be bothered having a debate with the ignorant.
    Oh, you've been kind to me. How generous of you.

*chuckle*

1) Talents/trees/specs If you haven't played you can't possible understand. But I like being able to choose from different PvE trees to create my custom spec.
    I understand completely. There is a very wide selection of talents combination resulting in very different play-styles, which is appealing because it makes you feel like a unique snowflake.

And that's all well and good, but if my chosen play-style gets ass raped by FotY (with no balancing, OP will stay OP), then it won't be too fun.

2) Rifts - If you haven't played you cannot possibly understand.. best description is like it's PvE Battlegrounds that you can choose or not choose to participate in.
    Earlier, a poster said they kept dying because a rift boss was attacking a town.

Choose to participate in, indeed.

3) Artifact collecting - interesting and rewarding.. unlike Archeology which is redundant and a waste of time past max level. You can't understand unless you see for yourself how it works.
    You get gear, vanity items, a lore from Archaeology past max-level. Unless you can list something else that "Artifact Collecting" (the very definition of Archaeology) gives, then...

4) Immersion - A wide combination of factors that creates an environment that makes me feel more a part of what is happening. The higher quality graphics, the art style, the music, the sound effects, the storylines woven by the quest text and NPC conversation, the immediacy sometimes created by emerging rifts, the excitement of exploring new places that HAVE all the preceding features... it all adds up to an attraction... it draws me in.
    And WoW draws me in. I say, in all honesty, that I've felt very immersed in WoW before. I've poured over the lore, pushed harder on a boss because of who they are, and grown attached to my favorite lore characters.

Immersion is all well and good, but I'm perfectly capable of getting that in WoW.

These are the TOP things that I can think of that make Rift a no questions asked winner as to where I will send my MMO time. I'm sorry if that's not convincing for you... I'm sorry I know how much you want to feel excited like we are.
    lolwut?

Good argument. "I'M RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG!"

Why would I post this? Well last time I checked this was an off=tpoic Video Games forum... not the "We don't want to leave" Forum. This is exactly where one would post their findings of a new or existing game other than WoW.
    Post their findings =/= Declaring it better.

Well said AuthurDent. That pretty much covers it.