Thread: JS' Hunter Bar

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It worked fine for my raid today.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

Deleted
    Hes uploading a new version now

Pushing out the update now.

BTW. "Enable out of date addons" and your frame rate dropping was not JSHB.
    Raided with it that way last night and there were no issues.

2.1 is being uploaded now.
    Wed Apr 27 2011 18:07:46 GMT+0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time) (5 minutes ago)

Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    BTW: Only thing I see not working is the chat stuff (MD announce etc). Everything else works fine - just Load Out Of Date Addons till tomorrow.
    Just in case you read this post JS; Hunters Mark icon is working for me - Trap duration is not. (Might be a conflicting add-on, not sure of that yet)

---------- Post added 2011-04-27 at 05:01 PM ----------

New version is up;
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ad/516207.aspx
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2011-04-27 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Hes uploading a new version now

Wed Apr 27 2011 18:07:46 GMT+0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time) (5 minutes ago)

Just in case you read this post JS; Hunters Mark icon is working for me - Trap duration is not. (Might be a conflicting add-on, not sure of that yet)

---------- Post added 2011-04-27 at 05:01 PM ----------

New version is up;
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ad/516207.aspx
    All should be fine now in 2.1 - Let me know if not :-)

---------- Post added 2011-04-27 at 01:47 PM ----------

So................... How many tick marks do you guys want for the bar? 5 enough? (the marker where the main spell cost is on the focus bar).

Thinking ----|-|--

1st being main shot, 2nd being main shot + arcane value.... etc.

Will Main + 5 (definable) be enough (thinking more than enough).

OK just an update.... Moving timers and the Focus bar are now 100% complete!

I'll be working on Tranq / MD / Dispel stuff over the weekend. I'll deal with icon timers last.

Most of the hard challenges are done now...

As for the main focus bar.... You can set more tick marks on the bar based on spell cost + main shot, or without main shot.
    You can set the bar to turn colors based on which shots you have focus for. This was a feature requested a while ago, so figured I'd finally implement it (because I am trying to meet all requests). The focus bar's numbers (focus, auto shot, target health) can now be moved left or right (or even left or right OF the bar). You can set all fonts separately. You can change font flags too (Outline, thick outline, monochrome). The bar can now have no background (the JSHB version was black with a 2 pixel overlap on all 4 sides), a texture for a background, a border, or a combination of all. The auto shot swing bar can now be colored as you see fit and not just white.

... I think I covered all requests there.

Also.... I know people like to see the changes they make live. So - the Blizzard options frame is made movable (by Serenity) and anything you change in the options will take immediate effect (no reloading the ui).

I really want the MD / Dispel / Alert stuff done this weekend. We'll see how time goes.

Any other features you can think of, please post.

Thanks!

I don't know if it's possible or if anyone is doing it but, is it possible for you to make an option for a shot priority system that calculates focus in real time and you can pretty much customize it in ways such as <Above 70 focus suggest Arcane Shot for Survival or continue casting Steady Shot until X amount of focus and then spam Arcane Shot for Marksmanship.

15+ Year Old Account
    Baki, I don't think JS wants this to be a shot suggestion mod. I think it is strictly supposed to be a tracking tool to help you keep track of buffs, debuffs, cooldowns, and focus. I think JS is trying to stay away from the "playing the game for you" style of a mod.

I actually used the mod last night for the first time and I found it nice. I just added chimera shot and a few other for CD purposes and I'm enjoying it. It's taken a bit of time to get a grasp on the timer itself when spells are sub 1 second left on CD.

Works great for patch as well, no errors.

Quote Originally Posted by baki021 View Post
    i don't know if it's possible or if anyone is doing it but, is it possible for you to make an option for a shot priority system that calculates focus in real time and you can pretty much customize it in ways such as <above 70 focus suggest arcane shot for survival or continue casting steady shot until x amount of focus and then spam arcane shot for marksmanship.
    Absolutely not doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Leggomyeggo View Post
    Baki, I don't think JS wants this to be a shot suggestion mod. I think it is strictly supposed to be a tracking tool to help you keep track of buffs, debuffs, cooldowns, and focus. I think JS is trying to stay away from the "playing the game for you" style of a mod.
    Pretty much this.

Absolutely not doing this.
    Thanks for responding.

Deleted
    Thanks for making this awesome addon!

I have a small issue tho, i updated to the 4.1patch version on 27th and i have a tranq shot pop-up issue. It doesn´t give me the pop-up icon anymore. I have it checked in setup to do this.

An example.. Trash mob Maimgor the drake before Maloriak enrages once or twice while nuking it, now i get alertes by DBM in chat text that he is enraging (and he also turns red) but i no longer get the visual alert from JSB from any target that i have. I get the announcement after i do the dispel in raidchat.

Do i need to replace JSB with a newer version in a particular way? I always manually install addons from Curse and also manually uninstall simply by going to my wow addon folder and deleting the addon´s folder/s before installing a newer version.

Again thanks for a great addon!
    Last edited by mmocc88a4b083a; 2011-04-30 at 10:13 AM.

Deleted
    OK just an update.... Moving timers and the Focus bar are now 100% complete!

I'll be working on Tranq / MD / Dispel stuff over the weekend. I'll deal with icon timers last.

Most of the hard challenges are done now...

As for the main focus bar.... You can set more tick marks on the bar based on spell cost + main shot, or without main shot.
    You can set the bar to turn colors based on which shots you have focus for. This was a feature requested a while ago, so figured I'd finally implement it (because I am trying to meet all requests). The focus bar's numbers (focus, auto shot, target health) can now be moved left or right (or even left or right OF the bar). You can set all fonts separately. You can change font flags too (Outline, thick outline, monochrome). The bar can now have no background (the JSHB version was black with a 2 pixel overlap on all 4 sides), a texture for a background, a border, or a combination of all. The auto shot swing bar can now be colored as you see fit and not just white.

... I think I covered all requests there.

Also.... I know people like to see the changes they make live. So - the Blizzard options frame is made movable (by Serenity) and anything you change in the options will take immediate effect (no reloading the ui).

I really want the MD / Dispel / Alert stuff done this weekend. We'll see how time goes.

Any other features you can think of, please post.

Thanks!
    I was playing around in a BG the other day and the Tranq shot announce was on Auto. Now I love auto because you don't need to change it all the time, but sometimes you want it auto, and other times you don't (Which means you have to change the option anyway).
    For example; I didn't want Dispels being announce spammed in "Battleground" but I like it switching auto for raids and parties. I was wondering if it was worth having a few check boxes next to the "Auto" selection where you could set to ignore some channels on auto if checked. Or even set-up a "custom" selection, like;

Party: Select report to Party chat
    Raid: Select report to Party chat
    Battleground: Select report to emote.

I think reporting is fantastic, but some people can be annoyed with it in some situations.

And this is more of a side note than an idea; with all of the (quickly) added features the options is starting to look like a wall of check boxes :P Have you got any plans to clean it up any time?
    You could reduce the overall size of the text and checkboxes in the menu, maybe split them into separate sub sections in horizontal tabs (Like the SUF Menu). But now I am just nitpicking.

Fantastic addon btw, its really nice having someone behind it that wants it to be perfect, it really shows in the time you are putting into it. /brofist

EDIT: Also, it would be awesome if the changes in the settings could be applied in real time. Having to apply the changes to see what happened and then entering the interface again to change it can get a bit tedious.
    If not, perhaps creating a bar that appears at the top when the bar is unlocked, like an "Edit" bar. Which would have 2 buttons, Lock and Open Interface (To your addon settings).
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2011-05-01 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mylittlepony View Post
    Thanks for making this awesome addon!

I have a small issue tho, i updated to the 4.1patch version on 27th and i have a tranq shot pop-up issue. It doesn´t give me the pop-up icon anymore. I have it checked in setup to do this.

An example.. Trash mob Maimgor the drake before Maloriak enrages once or twice while nuking it, now i get alertes by DBM in chat text that he is enraging (and he also turns red) but i no longer get the visual alert from JSB from any target that i have. I get the announcement after i do the dispel in raidchat.

Do i need to replace JSB with a newer version in a particular way? I always manually install addons from Curse and also manually uninstall simply by going to my wow addon folder and deleting the addon´s folder/s before installing a newer version.

Again thanks for a great addon!
    Should not need to do anything when not coming from a very very early version. Try deleting the saved variables under your toon for JSHB. If you still have issues PM me and I can try and help.

---------- Post added 2011-05-01 at 01:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    I was playing around in a BG the other day and the Tranq shot announce was on Auto. Now I love auto because you don't need to change it all the time, but sometimes you want it auto, and other times you don't (Which means you have to change the option anyway).
    For example; I didn't want Dispels being announce spammed in "Battleground" but I like it switching auto for raids and parties. I was wondering if it was worth having a few check boxes next to the "Auto" selection where you could set to ignore some channels on auto if checked. Or even set-up a "custom" selection, like;

Party: Select report to Party chat
    Raid: Select report to Party chat
    Battleground: Select report to emote.

I think reporting is fantastic, but some people can be annoyed with it in some situations.

And this is more of a side note than an idea; with all of the (quickly) added features the options is starting to look like a wall of check boxes :P Have you got any plans to clean it up any time?
    You could reduce the overall size of the text and checkboxes in the menu, maybe split them into separate sub sections in horizontal tabs (Like the SUF Menu). But now I am just nitpicking.

Fantastic addon btw, its really nice having someone behind it that wants it to be perfect, it really shows in the time you are putting into it. /brofist

EDIT: Also, it would be awesome if the changes in the settings could be applied in real time. Having to apply the changes to see what happened and then entering the interface again to change it can get a bit tedious.
    If not, perhaps creating a bar that appears at the top when the bar is unlocked, like an "Edit" bar. Which would have 2 buttons, Lock and Open Interface (To your addon settings).
    Serenity...

You will be able to select an announce channel per group type. IE: When solo, wen in a party, when in an arena, when in a raid, etc. I think that will cover all announce requests.. If that's missnig something, let me know so I can account for it.

Options.... Yes, Serenity has much much better options... mainly a "style" type tab to configure anything from size to color to border to background or texture offsets. Configurable live.

Things like Right Click MD are secure functions and can not be changed while in combat. It will just delay the update until combat drops. Also made the options frame movable so you can slide it over to see changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love this add-on it let's me eliminate so many. I preach it to every hunter on my server keep up the amazing job

I was wondering if you are working on or could work on a version for rogues. Nothing too fancy - even just the bar itself with be great. Different colors for low/almost capped energy, energy "prediction ticks" for Venomous Wounds and Energetic Recovery, etc. I love your addon so much on my hunter and miss it dearly when I play my rogue!

Quote Originally Posted by Searsha View Post
    I was wondering if you are working on or could work on a version for rogues. Nothing too fancy - even just the bar itself with be great. Different colors for low/almost capped energy, energy "prediction ticks" for Venomous Wounds and Energetic Recovery, etc. I love your addon so much on my hunter and miss it dearly when I play my rogue!
    Serenity is being written for the specific purpose of meeting all requests (feasible ones!) and allowing other classes to be coded in. Hunter will be done first, replacing JSHB, and then Rogues are next for support. It's just so much re-coding while keeping other classes in mind that it's taking a while. Which explains no new features being added to JSHB right now.

For everyone: Working on adding in the tranq stuff right now, I really hope to have it done before I raid tonight. Had to kill heroic al'akir 10 this weekend, so lost some coding time (sorry!). It's getting near the point where I can remove JSHB and solely run Serenity. Once this happens, it's just a matter of a few days before I release a beta of Serenity.

it's just a matter of a few days before I release a beta of Serenity.
    Can hardly wait - thanks for your hard work and the loads of hours you have put in

JS, someone asked this in another thread, would it be possible to add a indicator to display if Scare Beast is useable on the targeted mob/player?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalti View Post
    JS, someone asked this in another thread, would it be possible to add a indicator to display if Scare Beast is useable on the targeted mob/player?
    Yep, I can add it in.

Thanks!

Great job with the addon, it really serves its purposes
    I have a (probably) weird request, is there any way I can edit the announce message for misdirection (or any other announcement)? Maybe in some lua file or something? If so, if you could guide me to it would be super.

Cheers