10+ Year Old Account

Healing Heroic 10 Halfus?

We've been working on this and I seem to be having some mana problems around the time we are getting to Halfus. We release the Whelps and I think the nether scion first, then when the whelps are down we're releasing the time warden. I've been healing the tank on Halfus (Warrior) with beacon on the offtank (dk,) and bopping the warrior when he gets up to about 60% healing reduction, then he macro-kills bop. The tanks switch around after the whelps are dead in order to not get too many stacks. We've been using holy paladin, disc priest, resto druid, holy priest (sometimes also disc.) I'm pretty well geared, just 2 blues, rest 359s. Trinkets are Core of Ripeness and Jar of Ancient Remedies.Does anyone have any experience with this fight as Holy?

You may want to link your armory so people can check your gear set up.

its best if you 3 tank it, yes even on 10, that allows you to release 3 dragons at the start. then just kill 2 release 2 more and kill the boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't have three tanks, so we're stuck doing it like this.
    Can't post links yet but its Caramelcolor on Black Dragonflight US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elcolor/simple

for any1 who feels like helping out this poor fellah : ) seeing as I can't contribute with anything to your question I might be able to help people not just leave due to no armory link ; )

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank ya

I'm starting to think our tanks need a little more avoidance to reduce stack speed... but idk

Deleted
    Well my group goes with the same healer set up, we not as well geared as you but good players none the less and we are allways at 20-25% mana or less when we get to Halfuss we don't have any problems to keep the tank(s) up on him in that phase bare in mind that he don't do that much dmg on the tanks when all the drake's are down.

But if you are having truoble with keeping the tank alive, you should might consider switching the druid healer out in that fight with an other pala or maby a sham to help out the heal (since druid's aint the best healer class atm )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakami View Post
    Well my group goes with the same healer set up, we not as well geared as you but good players none the less and we are allways at 20-25% mana or less when we get to Halfuss we don't have any problems to keep the tank(s) up on him in that phase bare in mind that he don't do that much dmg on the tanks when all the drake's are down.

But if you are having truoble with keeping the tank alive, you should might consider switching the druid healer out in that fight with an other pala or maby a sham to help out the heal (since druid's aint the best healer class atm )
    We don't have any other holy paladins, and the only other possible switch we could do would be to take the dedicated disc priest back to his main spec shadow, and make the ele sham go main spec resto for tide

Deleted
    The fight is not really that mana consuming, in the start it requires a lot of healing, as soon as dragons die the pressure is little less and time to regen. however 3 tanks make this fight a lot easier.

always heal the tank tanking halfus at the time with heals, beacon the one who did before.

Fwiw, the Glyph of Divinity is giving back twice the advertised mana (I get over 20k mana back when I LoH). Switching out the beacon glyph for it might be a good idea for that fight unless you're beacon swapping for some reason.

Also, how often are you judging? Judging pretty much on cooldown is a very strong mana regen source that I see many paladins neglecting.

I would also suggest that both priests go disc. I assume they're smiting Halfus and healing via atonement? It's OP for that fight because of the extra damage he takes. The priests should have plenty of mana if they're doing that, freeing up the druid to use his innervate on you(and for him to glyph it). I don't see how you could have mana problems while getting fed innervates.

Do you have any parses for the encounter? If I could take a look at them I might be more help.
    Last edited by Nutz; 2011-01-30 at 02:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutz View Post
    Fwiw, the Glyph of Divinity is giving back twice the advertised mana (I get over 20k mana back when I LoH). Switching out the beacon glyph for it might be a good idea for that fight unless you're beacon swapping for some reason.

Also, how often are you judging? Judging pretty much on cooldown is a very strong mana regen source that I see many paladins neglecting.

I would also suggest that both priests go disc. I assume they're smiting Halfus and healing via atonement? It's OP for that fight because of the extra damage he takes. The priests should have plenty of mana if they're doing that, freeing up the druid to use his innervate on you(and for him to glyph it). I don't see how you could have mana problems while getting fed innervates.

Do you have any parses for the encounter? If I could take a look at them I might be more help.
    I'll check out the glyph, and I've been trying to judge whenever its up but the tanks like to spike pretty hard here and there. We originally had two disc priests, me, and the druid but switching one to holy seemed to work better for some reason. I don't have any parses but I'm sure they probably exist.

Dedicated heals!!

We started this fight last week. We tried the 3 tank 3 heal strat. NO GO. Then with the raid week ending we tried 2 tanks 4 heals but we didnt have the right healcore and a offtank that wasnt all that geared "But keep in mind we did better with the gimped tank 2 tank 4 heal strat"

Regardless. I have Ilvl 355ish " Hpally loot never droops for me" But i was ooming. Even tho im Judging every CD "When i can IE if the tanks are not getting smacked around so hard" So i made a few changes and read some more strats Etc etc.

On tuesday I will be running this comp.

2 tanks- Prot war/Druid

4 Heals - 2 Hpallys/1 Disc~smite priest/ 1 Holy priest.

2 Hpallys are ideal. Each pally gets 1 healing target and beacon the other tank. That would be 150% healing. The issue is each tank needs a dedicated healer to attend to there beatings. With tanks out of the way.

The disc priest should be raid healing using smite. "IF YOURE TANKS ARE NEVER TOPED UP UR DISC PRIEST WHO IS SET TO RAID HEAL WILL SPEND MORE HEALS ON THE TANKS" So if the tanks are not toping off the disc priest isnt healing the raid.

The Holy priest is there to give the rhealing group a hand. Assisting the tanks with HOTS etc. And aissting the disc priest who is raid healing via Smiting.

Also we have 100% taunt/cool down rotaion built that will eas the healing core. This isnt sumthing that can just be told u have to have a good Tank core to buckle down to do this.