Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis View Post
    blood tanks don't even provide the most group healing/mitigation, or even self healing unless the fight has a gimmick that lets the tank abuse death strike to it's fullest. Using a paladin tank on Baron Ashbury would be even more of a joke considering the resist aura, group shield wall, holy radiance, word of glory, on top of the paladin's on personal defensive cooldowns.
    This is probably very true. I know in Wrath JoL alone almost kept the group up, don't have a geared pally tank to try it with nowadays though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    I'm well aware of all the mechanics of the fight, and if you read my posts I clearly state that bad RNG alone could wipe the fight for you due to having a limited number of interrupts. Even if the lock is affliction (they've said they have 2 DKs 2 hunters and a lock in their group) and you have 3 interrupts, there's still the off chance that you'll use your interrupts and have his heal casted when you can't interrupt it. The simple fact that there's 3 primary things to interrupt, all on a near perfect time schedule, is what makes this difficult, not the lack of healing.

You just have to be too exact on everything on this fight and rely on RNG so much for it to be worth doing without a healer and save time, which is the whole point of this.
    Organise your interrupts and get hit capped?
    Not sure what "RNG" you're referring to here.
    1 DK on P&S, other on Stay of Exec and Lock on Mend would be no hassle atall...

Deleted
    I've ran tons of heroics as 4 DPS 1 tank. Mostly as warlock/warlock/boomkin/hunter or warrior and Protection Paladin. Most of them are hardly challenging, shit just drops as soon as you pull it, I have enough healing output to keep myself up without the boomer even offhealing, most of the time.

i say you just do it with 5 dps forget the tank

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tdizz View Post
    And because someone's going to point out you can't queue for the random without a healer, we had a healer queue with us originally then swapped him out.
    or... since they are all from the same server.. they can just run in the dungeons...

Quote Originally Posted by troufas View Post
    or... since they are all from the same server.. they can just run in the dungeons...
    We have done this, but running to the instance doesn't give you the daily random heroic for the VP (the only reason to do heroics.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Well if this popularizes we expect to see Blizz intervene. ^_^'
    Its a natural progression in what Blizzard has created. Essentially they implemented a soft enrage which is the healers mana. Seeing that reaching such a point is simply based on how well the dps and tank avoid avoidable damage and how fast they kill it only makes sense it can happen and is happening.

By making healing cost so much mana it probably is mathematically provable that that mana is better put to use to create dps. With the inability to rescue fail groups because of high mana costs for little return it all comes down to getting near perfect execution.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

I'm ashamed by some of the comments, and I now know why I have to heal my ass off in pugs, it's obvious that most people have no clue about the mechanics. I tanked ozruk as a holy paladin after tank died at some % it was cake. The first boss in SFK is so easy but still I had to take over the interrupting myself because crappy dps couldnt (which means i had to charge up a avengers shield before each asphyxiate). Just a minute ago I had a rogue tank the boss in last stonecore encounter while I kited the adds through the void zones (with RF on just to be sure they went for me). There is one VERY good lesson to learn from these healerless heroics: The healer is in the group, to fix your mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrax View Post
    There is one VERY good lesson to learn from these healerless heroics: The healer is in the group, to fix your mistakes.
    I love this

Everything is completely doable with 5dks but that would be no fun

Quote Originally Posted by unholyskipper View Post
    Everything is completely doable with 5dks but that would be no fun
    Hell, I'm pretty sure I could duo some of these instances with our tank. I've got three possible CCs and an obscene amount of healing. It'd be slow as anything, but it'd make for an interesting run.

well just to further make fun of all the people who are saying ozruk has unavoidable dmg, ozruk hits so hard etc.... I have healed a hunter pet (a cat, not a tanking pet >_<) as our tank for Ozruk because of that darn "unavoidable" damage the feral dps druid and pally tank couldn't avoid... Sadly, this strategy was intended

To all the qqers its definitely possible to do it do not see what all the moaning is about they just wanted to do it to see if it was doable and they succeeded... obviously it would take longer, and as far as dps goes they should be doing 50k total bareminimum if they are good, i know with our guild our 3 dpsers do atleast 15k each (yes we are geared) and tank is 6k bare min so 51k.

Got Throne of the Tides as the random today, went down like cake. Woulda had the achievement on the last boss too but one of our dps didnt get the memo that we were going for it till its was at 2%; then a frost dk's pet (which they can't control) killed it right before the last phase (about a second before it) when it needed to die. Meters to come. No vid as tdizz wasnt with us to fraps it.

Lol Orzuk "unavoidable damage"
    This is probably very late; but whoever said that is a complete and total nub and that goes for whoever runs with them also.
    Orzuk hits for crap damage, most the times you don't even have to WoG yourself when tanking him. I always tell healers to just DPS to make it go faster since a healer is definitely not needed (unless of course you SUCK and don't know how to avoid the damage).

I have soloed Orzuk from full health to 0% as a prot pally (wog specced definitely helped). I always tell healers to go DPS for him, healers a waste on that fight.

Also, Slabhide is VERY much soloable. Haven't done him 100% solo, had a DK helping DPS him but I didn't need any heals that was for sure, his damage is weak and if you are a good player you can definitely avoid his AoEs. DEFINITELY healerless

Same goes for last boss in H SC, haven't SOLOED her but duo'd her, granted you'd have to have interrupts for those force grips (that'll be fixed come 4.0.6 when prot pallies get a reliable interrupt and her FG gets a little longer cast time supposedly) but healerless group friendly. Trick is to know how to move her around for the adds to get sucked into the holes, and aoe off any extra adds (free heals when she goes up from wog spamming yourself).

First boss in H Blackrock is soloable from looks of it (haven't done this solo either just speculating on him since I 2manned him). Looks very healerless friendly.

First boss in SFK is soloable by prot pally as well, granted I got extremely lucky the one time on my interrupts and thats about as lucky as I'll be getting in a long time because I can't get anywhere near doing it again right now. We'll definitely have 0 trouble soloing him come 4.0.6 + better gear will help. Definitely a healerless group friendly boss.

2nd boss in SFK, probably doable without healer I would think +exploit
    3rd is a joke, have had to solo him a few times cause nubs didn't know to MOVE and they died every chance they got, bleh. But I'm pretty sure any class with some self healing can solo him. So very much healerless group friendly.

Oh gee...
    H ToT I think is packed with healerless group friendly bosses, can't think of any I have soloed in there to be honest but I can't see why not without a healer, those bosses hit like sissies. Trash literally hits harder than bosses in there though thats a problem.

H VP should be very doable also, haven't had chance to solo anything but last guy though. Last guy is definitely healerless friendly, others should be doable.

the only way to shut people up is to post up videos. its better than inviting unnecessary trolls and/or to prove the TS wrong. rofl.
    Apedog
    <Shidavéré> US-Frostmourne
    85 Blood Elf Priest

Quote Originally Posted by minsunye View Post
    dispel-less too? how do you do forgemaster during sword phase when it stacks to 11 stacks? all your members prioritise on not getting static cling on vp? axe to the head ability by those oaf in dm? not trolling but some part just seems impossible.
    /cough only healers can dispell ?

Quote Originally Posted by Luubox View Post
    /cough only healers can dispell ?
    well, and spriest. he didn't put up his line up on his initial post btw and after he did, it was dk,dk, hunt,hunt,lock or dk, dk, lock, mage, rogue. and also you do know healer gotta spec into talent in order to remove magic debuff off friendly target right..? unless you're a priest.
    Apedog
    <Shidavéré> US-Frostmourne
    85 Blood Elf Priest

Quote Originally Posted by minsunye View Post
    well, and spriest. he didn't put up his line up on his initial post btw and after he did, it was dk,dk, hunt,hunt,lock or dk, dk, lock, mage, rogue. and also you do know healer gotta spec into talent in order to remove magic debuff off friendly target right..? unless you're a priest.
    Also mages can remove curses, and warlock's imps can remove magic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    no thats ozruk. in fact those 100k hits youre talking about are CAST and targeted on a specific area. if you stay in them you deserve to die.
    he has 4 skills a tank needs to watch out for. one is cast on himself (walk backwards) one is cast as a shot that goes infront of him 200yards range (walk to the side) and one is just a massive AE around him (run away not backwards this time) and one is where you get dmg for hitting him (dont hit him).
    so again you were saying?..
    Oh how I laughed so hard when I read this.

You're actually telling people to stop hitting Ozruk to avoid the bleed? How on earth are they gonna survive Paralyze then?

Also, he doesn't have "4 skills a tank needs to watch out for". Ground Slam and Shatter, that's 2 abilities.

OT: I have to call bullshit like many others, sure you could do some bosses without a healer, but trash in general? I've seen BLOOD DK tanks drop like flies. If you succeed to kill some of the larger groups, you'd probably end up with 2-3 people dead pr. trash pull.. How on earth is that time saving?