15+ Year Old Account

Will this raid set up work?

I know the game is meant to be 'bring the player not the class' these days but I wouldn't mind some other opinions.

Back near the end of WoTLK me and the other officers agreed we'd run 10mans in cata, and I'd run one of the groups.
    About two weeks into the expansion my computer had a SMART error and got sent off to be repaired, took nearly 3 weeks of me chasing them up before I got it back. So I finished leveling my shaman, specced resto and started gearing with guildies.

By this time the group I was setting up was going to be our 3rd progression group, so I was kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel for tanks and healers. Not saying I'm a great healer, I was just the go to offspec healer in WoTLK. It didn't take long for me to get dps apply, but a lot of tanks from WoTLK were now dps. Anyways, I finally got a group together and we'll be hitting our first raids next week. All the members are skilled but we don't have a hugely diverse groupn here is how it looks:

Tanks:
    Two dks

Dps:
    Two spriests, fury warrior, hunter, unholy dk

Healers:
    Two shammies and a pally

As I say, not a hugely diverse set of classes but after two groups being set up that's just how it is
    I can link armories later, posting from my phone atm.

Deleted
    It will probably work even though its far from optimal. Although the lootdistribution will be a pain since you got several sharing the same tokens/items instead of spreading it. I would suggest (if possible) changing one healer to a druid and one of the spriest to a rogue/feral just to make it easier with the items

I havent killed all the bosses yet, but i think most content will be downable with most setups as long as the players got some kind of brain.

Deleted
    make one shammy spec ele, and one of the priests go holy - should ease things a bit.
    the shammy shouldnt have problems with the gear, the spriest might need to pick up some (more) spirit items.

as for loot, you can still priorize drops for their both mainspecs (so ele shammy still rolls for healer loot first, spriest gets to roll on dps loot first) and treat ele/holy as offspec (but that depends on how your guild deals with it anyway).

Deleted
    i´m gonna answer from my point of view

Tanks:
    2 dk´s as tanks doesnt look very good to me. we are running with a dk and a warrior

Dps:
    i wouldnt use 2 spriests aswell cuz they lack aoe which is required for some fights (maloriak and cho´gall for example) but with 2 spriests you got 2 mana hymns and 2 normal hymns which can save your raid
    rest dps seems fine to me

Healer:
    i dunno how good shammies are if they are well played (havent seen a good one in PuG heroics tho) so i wont judge about your heal setup but what about getting one of your spriests go heal and one shammy goes ele?

our raid setup is
    Tanks: warrior and dk
    Dps: destro lock, hunter, mage, spriest, enhance shaman, ele shaman, rogue
    Heal: druid, priest, pally

both of the shammies got a healing offspec and all healers got a dps offspec. if we only need 1 tank we abuse our dk as dps.

the overkill on dps is cuz we are a small guild with only two 10man groups and not everyone can attend all the raids so we can switch the dps and also can choose what dps comp we wanna use for the bosses
    Last edited by mmocc4efc40c5e; 2011-02-02 at 09:30 AM.

For Normalmodes, you are good to go. You probably should expect to be quite flexible and often use a second spec such as frost DK for kiting/bombing though. Hardmodes will be a pain in the Ass. But those need completely different classes for different bosses anyway.
    "bring the player not the class" my ass...
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, should have said this:
    We are one of the top guilds... On an RP server xP we are probably much more laid back than most guilds but we get the job done. I was going to level my warrior tank if one of the priests would heal, they wouldn't as they don't trust themselves. Its the guilds problem as a whole, plenty of hybrids but very few who heal/dps. The group is more or less set in stone for the near future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    Sorry, should have said this:
    We are one of the top guilds... On an RP server xP we are probably much more laid back than most guilds but we get the job done. I was going to level my warrior tank if one of the priests would heal, they wouldn't as they don't trust themselves. Its the guilds problem as a whole, plenty of hybrids but very few who heal/dps. The group is more or less set in stone for the near future
    sounds weird to me tbh

ppl are like "wtf healing is hard in Cata" but its s walk in the park if you know what you are doing

15+ Year Old Account
    Both have never been comfortable healing and we've never been a guild to force people into doing stuff they don't want.

It should be workable.

I think the biggest worry would be a shortage of fast ranged AoE, because the priests take time to get their AoE's going.

Nef P2 would probably be easier for you however, because you can put nature resistance on every pillar.