Thread: Arena delay

Arena delay

I had no idea where to post this, and will make a post on the forums if there is actually other players with this problem. Because I have no idea what to do anymore

Currently in any enviroment as Durotar, raids, BG's nywhere I'm at a steady 40-50 ms
    Once I join arena, i'm getting screwed over. My MS keeps telling me i'm at 40-50Ms but the delay is so huge managing to shift 1hand/board + spell reflect takes ages, it's just so weird. That I would only have delays in arena while anywhere else I'd have a fine latency. Whats ore weird is i'm fine BG's that shares battlegroup with everyone while arena is only sharing with the battlegroup
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

Yeah, I seen the same thing.

[never mind]
    Last edited by YersiniaPestis; 2011-02-04 at 04:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by YersiniaPestis View Post
    you do know that swapping weapons starts GCD?
    so if you just swapped 2h weapon to 1h+shield you might not be able to use some spell straight away
    it doesnt thts why people can spell reflect in one global

Deleted
    Exact same thing here, getting delay once i join arena

Quote Originally Posted by YersiniaPestis View Post
    you do know that swapping weapons starts GCD?
    you do know that posting replies like this is pretty dumb when they are completely false.

I am right now with my dk on a dummy and when i swap weapons GCD procs so I can't swap and cast a strike at the same time.

I never implied you can't cast *any* spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    you do know that posting replies like this is pretty dumb when they are completely false.
    Except you're wrong because swapping weapons does cause a GCD. Spell reflect however isn't on the GCD and can be popped as soon as you have a shield equipped. The latency comes from your client sending a message to the server saying "yes, I equipped a shield" then waiting for a reply back saying "ok, you can spell reflect" and the last message being you activating spell reflect. Thats 3 hops worth of latency so if you're running at ~50ms your spell reflect is actually working at around 150+.

Infact weapon swapping does start a GCD, but certain spells are not affected by GCD like spell reflect, shield wall, shield block (you catch my drift)
    I know my class pretty good, it is not any gcd kicking in, it's definetaly delay thats the problem here. But I cant seem to find blizzard adressing this problem anywhere

Edit: Beat me there Gerian. But you're wrong, if you read my post I say I dont have this problem ANYWHERE else. ONLY in arena
    Usually my spell reflects are instantly
    This is happenign to any action I do, spell reflect was just randomly put in there because the problem that gets is the most annoying one
    Last edited by Swaggah; 2011-02-04 at 04:55 PM.
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

its annoying. one time i queued bg, delay, loading screen, and then i was on GY of org.
    if this happens on arena queue, i will nerdrage big time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to say this, because it pisses me off when Blizzard tells me this, but it's probably a client error which means you have to nuke your client, addons, cache, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

I've already tried to re-install twice
    Also, nothing has been changed since playing wotlk. And I did not have this problem then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    I've already tried to re-install twice
    Also, nothing has been changed since playing wotlk. And I did not have this problem then
    Do you run any addons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Im having the same problem, playing on Vindication EU and im living in sweden so not optimal i guess but:

30-100ms in org /bgs / instances, and as soon as i enter arena it bounces from 100-600 making it sometimes totally unplayable.

Im thinking of moving all my characters to Misery, their datacenter is located in sweden, really hoping it will help.

I re-installed at some point because I had this issue, tried to play a couple of arena games without addons, same problem

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbem View Post
    Im having the same problem, playing on Vindication EU and im living in sweden so not optimal i guess but:

30-100ms in org /bgs / instances, and as soon as i enter arena it bounces from 100-600 making it sometimes totally unplayable.

Im thinking of moving all my characters to Misery, their datacenter is located in sweden, really hoping it will help.
    It won't help, really. Because I did the exact same thing
    Used to play on some server in frankfurt, and I thought maybe moving to a server closer to my country(Norway which is the neighboor country) would help. Not a single thing improved, except for my latency outside of arena

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    I re-installed at some point because I had this issue, tried to play a couple of arena games without addons, same problem

It won't help, really. Because I did the exact same thing
    Used to play on some server in frankfurt, and I thought maybe moving to a server closer to my country(Norway which is the neighboor country) would help. Not a single thing improved, except for my latency outside of arena
    So u tried Misery then ? Really dont know what to do then :'(