Ascendant Council needs a tiny fix.

After downing them last night I feel that the encounter is a little too RNG in it's current state. I by no means am complaining, but for the random spawns of grounding/tornado on top of raid members (second group of ascendants) seconds before their respective ultimate ability makes the encounter unnecessarily difficult. If it could be a constant model, simply moving, or regulate the spawn to immediately after the ultimate this would save raids from wiping for no reason whatsoever. We had the fight down to a science, but because of completely uncontrollable mechanics, the fight took an hour longer (wipes) then necessary. Thanks for your concern.

There's an animation before it spawns, sometimes hard to notice but it is there.

We encountered this rough patch as well. My suggestion would be to have a small indicator on the ground approximately 3-5 seconds before these interactive objects spawn. This would tell raid members "hey, something you may not want to be associated with is going to spawn right here... move" and if they don't respond fast enough, they pay the consequences. That would not only give a potential solution to RNG but also keep the fight in line with other similar mechanics.

There is an indicator on the ground. If you can't see it, you're not looking.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

not as rng based as heroic chimaeron's mortality phasing ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    not as rng based as heroic chimaeron's mortality phasing ._.
    Eh, that;s not so bad. We've managed to get perfect (everyone at 100%) transitions twice now out of two kills, just find the magical percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Eh, that;s not so bad. We've managed to get perfect (everyone at 100%) transitions twice now out of two kills, just find the magical percentage.
    its totally random from 20.9 to 20.1% (not 20 but 21? cant recall atm), all about getting lucky with the perfect try. more than 20 attempts reached phasing, we can full everyone up at 100% in 1~2s, it phases (at a random percentage, again) and then he still throws a spit right afterwards, fucking it up everytime
    Last edited by Nebthet; 2011-02-05 at 09:27 AM.

Deleted
    While I might be going off topic here, I would like to raise a question. I can agree on the Ascendant Council being RnG (and the fact that you can spot the cyclones/gravity wells if being focused), but in my opinion fights should not be RnG. At least not much if it's a mandatory fight (needs to be done to get to the end boss) since doing nigh everything perfect should not result in a whipe 'cos of some rand() function :P, even though RnG can be really fun sometimes since it adds the necessity of being vigilant about what is going on.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Auddie View Post
    We encountered this rough patch as well. My suggestion would be to have a small indicator on the ground approximately 3-5 seconds before these interactive objects spawn. This would tell raid members "hey, something you may not want to be associated with is going to spawn right here... move" and if they don't respond fast enough, they pay the consequences. That would not only give a potential solution to RNG but also keep the fight in line with other similar mechanics.
    Good thing that has been in place since the launch of Cataclysm then!

(It looks roughly the same as one of the abilities that the Omnitron trash uses: A small 'whirly thingy' on the group, 2-4 seconds before it spawns)

---------- Post added 2011-02-05 at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Engelbrekt View Post
    While I might be going off topic here, I would like to raise a question. I can agree on the Ascendant Council being RnG (and the fact that you can spot the cyclones/gravity wells if being focused), but in my opinion fights should not be RnG. At least not much if it's a mandatory fight (needs to be done to get to the end boss) since doing nigh everything perfect should not result in a whipe 'cos of some rand() function :P, even though RnG can be really fun sometimes since it adds the necessity of being vigilant about what is going on.

What do you think?
    Part of the difference between a skilled player and an average/bad one, is the ability to cope with random events that require you to improvise on the spot.

Remove RNG from fights, and just about every fight becomes Patchwerk. Just look at Nefarian for example: There is so little RNG in that fight that all DPS needs to do for almost the entire fight is stand still and nuke (The only exception being interrupting and jumping on a pillar in p2).

its totally random from 20.9 to 20.1% (not 20 but 21? cant recall atm), all about getting lucky with the perfect try. more than 20 attempts reached phasing, we can full everyone up at 100% in 1~2s, it phases (at a random percentage, again) and then he still throws a spit right afterwards, fucking it up everytime
    I actually find it to phase at around 21.3-22%. Just keep at it, and you'll eventually get the timing down. The RNG I hate on that fight, is back to back feud timing and how it can affect your push.

Just stand in the middle of the room. They don't spawn there. Problem solved.

It's not RNG, you just have to adapt.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Deleted
    I think only once in all our 6 billion attempts on this fight before we downed it did the grounding debuff actually pop on top of a player and suck them in and they didn't have time to go get wind before the shock. Surely every single raid fight has some elements of rng which if you are not looking out for can cause a wipe? Sometimes you just get unlucky (sometimes when we were doing progression toc heroic we'd get the most awful combos for faction champs and when you're going for a tribute run that was seriously annoying) but most of the time the rng elements can be seen and adjusted for during the fight.

It took us quite a few hours of wiping to down council but honestly the buffs were never a problem for us, simply pushing out the last phase and perfecting the percentages was what took the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    I actually find it to phase at around 21.3-22%. Just keep at it, and you'll eventually get the timing down. The RNG I hate on that fight, is back to back feud timing and how it can affect your push.
    its really frustrating to read 'Mortality phase', then 1 second later he starts to cast massacre.. i dont think it is intended

its really frustrating to read 'Mortality phase', then 1 second later he starts to cast massacre.. i dont think it is intended
    Never seen that before, and it's obviously not intended, That one sucks.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That fight does suck but everyone is right. There is a warning on the ground before hand. What sucks more is that I have been spun off a tornado into a grounding zone. As a battlechicken... I just say fuck the debuff when I get screwed by RNG and use barkskin (but insert any class specific damage mitigator here) and I've not died yet.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Thanx for the heads up guys. Time to give my raid hell for not spotting them. As a healer I never had this issue.

Heh, we went through several attempts on that fight one night where ignacious (fire guy?) never spawned his flame trail. Talk about good fun, kept dying because we couldn't clear waterlogged. Ended up giving up that night and came back and downed him next raid night... where he DID give us a trail.

Anyway, I have a bigger issue with the times where they're sitting on top of each other. >.< Obviously there's usually another option but that other one could be alll the way on the other side of the room.

What? rng in a scripted encounter? what is this blasphemy?

RNG is what makes raiding fun.

If your raid cant move when swirly things pop on the ground etc etc, then they need to be more aware.

You're supposed to transition after a massacre, since you have 15 seconds to heal up before the first Caustic Slime. Better preparation will prevent you from ever seeing the situation you described.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu