Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I quit last week, I just wasn't enjoying playing anymore. I started playing at the launch of Classic, the game has changed a lot since then. Not for the worse, although there are some things that have been worsened over time, but that's progression for you. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lightitup View Post
    Has anyone else reduced their playing time to practically nothing because there's really nothing to achieve or work for?
    Working as intended. You still pay the same monthly fee but put less strain on their servers.

Deleted
    Not for me, im quite busy farming for mounts. And to all the people that say that wow is loosing it's appeal, every game gets boring after a while so I don't think it has to do with Cata.

And to all the people that say that wow is loosing it's appeal, every game gets boring after a while so I don't think it has to do with Cata.
    how about people that weren't bored at the end of an expansion(wotlk) and suddenly get bored in the beginning of a fresh/new expansion?

of course some people simple burned out.. or they are playing for too long and now get bored.. but that shouldn't be a reason for such a mass withdrawal from game..
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2011-02-06 at 12:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    I used to play almost every day. These days I barely log on once a week. I don't even know why I haven't canceled my subscription yet. Hope perhaps.
    This, atleast for me. I barely log in atm even though I just added gametime to my account (kinda stupid of me since I didn't even bother playing the first few days after this).

15+ Year Old Account
    It's quite obvious that people are burning out on the game, but what's not so obvious (atleast to me) is the need to post about it. It's like me making a post named "Life's a bitch." as title and the only word in the post would be "Yup...". And then wait for like minded people to say "Yup..." aswell.

/scratches head
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Deleted
    I used to raid 3 times a week -now i raid one night every second week. I also USED to love PvP, now that it happens to turn out so that my class is shadowdance rogue, and my friend i play with is shadowpriest -I'm not able to do proper 2v2 or 3v3. I've started to play other games and log only for few BGs.

(for those wo dont know why SP+sub rogue aint working let me explain: sap+blind=dr, blind+fear=dr, garrote+silence=dr, if u attack sp=no dmg, If u dispell sp dots= dispell protection dont work atm. also it DRs with it's self +with main CC: fear. SP shield goes down in one warrior melee swing. Sub rogue=only for preventing dmg and control. We are so easy to counter. How many SP+sub roogue teams u've met? P: also, ask any good rogue -they 80% of them hate mutilate. I refuse to spec muti that spec is so wrong!)

Deleted
    Yeah, my friends are enjoying it, but I'm just really bored, and it's not me being burnt out.
    Luckily, I now got SC2 taking time away from homework ^^

well ive played every day around 7-9 hours a day for years now, so ofc Im bored.. I actually started grinding outland rep cause im so bored .. Oh, and now also playing rift..

I'm currently in a somewhat of a casual guild. We raid 1 night a week for about 5 hours.

Other than raiding, I find myself being completely bored and just standing around Orgrimmar jumping and staring at random things.

Lately, besides our only raid night, I roughly play maybe 30 minutes max the rest of the week.... combined.

Back in Wrath, I remember always having something to do. I don't know what it is but Cataclysm just doesn't seem very thrilling to me.

Has anyone else reduced their playing time to practically nothing because there's really nothing to achieve or work for?

Post your thoughts please.
    OMG exactly, im thinking about quiting

Deleted
    There was a time when i played about 2-3 hours a day, but now i havent been on in two weeks and when i do go on i find myself being very bored and i simply dont understand how people can spend so much time on the game anymore. Sorry blizzard but i think WoW is coming to its end, a lot of people like me seem to think that despite cataclysm just being released wow just doesnt cut it anymore. It was fun while it lasted though.
    I cancelled my subscription but it doesnt run out till april. If i didnt have such a crap computer then i'd have fully converted to te Rift Beta by now :/

Sorry for the life story

10+ Year Old Account
    i started working on my loremaster title, the reason i find there is nothing to do is that 25man and 10man share the same lockout now. before i would run 25man with my guild and pug 10man's.

This reminds me of the TBC days, once you start clearing raid content the fun lvl goes back up! I hope they don't lower the difficult lvl any its fun the way its at!

havent been on in over a week now and not planning on renewing my subscription any time soon. =l there goes 4 years of my life playing wow.
    hopefully after i finish vce and the new expansion? is out i might renew my subscription .. we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I used to play all the time like everyday easily for 4hrs + Now I only come online for raids and arena which is every 3-4 days for 4hrs .... Hopefully the weather gets better and i start kitesurfing again since can only do landboarding atm.... TOO COLDD!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and no.

It depends on the day. Sometimes I play a lot, sometimes I don't. Not because I have gotten bored of WoW entirely, but because as a special effects and animation major I have so much work to do this semester that I have been playing a lot less. I only log on to do my daily heroic and sit around town contribute to trade chat clutter or go farm and that's about it.

I still find the game fun. Especially levelling new toons. I have never been much of an alt guy (I have had 1 character, my mage, from late vanilla till now and I haven't really had alts that reached beyond the level of 20 until now) but the new content is fresh and quite refreshing.

But that's my opinion.

I'm also an MMO guy and every once in a while I take WoW breaks because I do get bored of it but I know I return. The problem is I haven't found any other MMO (Aside from Guild Wars and EVE online) that actually made me feel the same way as WoW did/does (with all the "oh that's awesome" and the feel of the game). Sigh...Also, with Fallout: New Vegas out, I've been trying to play through that as well XD

Deleted
    Rift is looking better and better.
    Agreed. Although im reluctant to quit wow.
    WoW has completely lost its appeal, with Rift and SWTOR out soon blizz are guna have a rough time if they dont step up their game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to play between 4 and 6 hours atleast per day now i only do my TB daily´s (sometimes i even do the lfd xd) and after that i log out. Besides this i raid 3 nights a weak 20:30-24:00 and thats it.

So yeah my play time has decreased a immense amount.

Deleted
    Used to play like 3-4 hours per day, now i rarely log in unless it's raid :/

Deleted
    I don't think amount of play time is important.

Ask yourself a different question: How much time do you enjoy yourself in the game now compared to wrath?

I play much less. I don't do dailes, I don't do pvp which used to irritate me, I don't do the daily hc if I don't feel like it.
    I enjoy the game a little more.

Edit: Maybe what I do: Raid, do some old content soloing from time to time, hc if I want to, secondary profession while listening to pod-casts or vent.

Playing only arena games when my friends are online.

6-10 hours at week.

not doing pve, raids, dailies etc. bored of them i think after 6 years. playing arenas with RL friends the only enjoyable thing for me atm.