Balance Druid - PvP

Ok, so now I can officially say that Balance druids are the worst classes to bring into ANY battleground. I get completely smashed by any single class that can silence, fear, or stun. Warlocks can fear me throw 100x dots on me and I will die in 5 seconds, Paladins bubble, become immune to CC, stun and completely blow my health meter in 2 seconds, Deathknights have about 3 silence abilites and high damage so they smash me in 5 seconds, shamans have an interrupt and can blow my health in another 5 seconds, rogues....I don't even want to start, feral druids will destroy me, mages blow tons of burst damage and will kill me, priests throw out DoTs bubble / heal. All of my CC and damage dealing affects almost all have castbars. I can't just spam moonfire anything to death anymore, I have to spam starfire and wrath if I want to deal any damage at all. My only CC is a 15% chance to stun a target with starfire, entangling roots, and cyclone. All of which require a cast time. Rogues hardly have any CDs to stun, I had to wait 3 minutes to use starfall to hopefully stun some of the enemies around me, but now that was nerfed and it no longer removes stealth and does not stun. So what now? I am completely useless in BGs and going into one will only cause me endless deaths and no HKs. Tyvm blizzard, I can no longer enjoy PvP, am I the only one feeling this?

Re: Balance Druid - PvP

Heh, now that I think about it. I only do damage when I'm on a WG siege weapon or sota.

i love rolling into BG's on my druid ... only type of pvp i enjoy, nice big open spaces for me and my wife to stealth around and pick and choose who we smash ... i never go anywhere without my resto druid wife healing her ass off to keep us alive and killing people ... not as easy as it used to be, but not as bad as you make out ...

Sounds like I need to marry a resto druid.

Been playing balance since Lich. I can agree with frustration with getting killed by more or less all plate classes.
    But is is possible to kill most cloth classes and also plate classes even with a Pve spec just needs some practice.
    Keep in mind to keep your distance and use the CC that we have.
    Ofc its very nice to have personal healer ;D

My thoughts

You my friend are a complete nubcake. I've been playing Balance Druids for 3 and a half years now and i can tell you, Balance Druids are at it's best right now ( except few nerfs like the impending Celestial Focus )

Indeed, at times FEAR STUN and especialy SILENCE can be very annoying at times, but besides SILENCE, FEAR and STUN can be dispelled every 2 minutes ( If you have Medallion of Alliance as i do )

Did you read the news where Blizzard totaly mentioned that 1v1 PvP is unbalanced but 2v2 or more is!? Get a pal in BGs ( I suggest a Resto Druid ) and u will rock their world. Also, add Glyph of Insect Swarm and Glyph of Moonfire in your Spellbook. I deal like 1.2k damage every 2-3 seconds while casting something else! Also, make sure that before you go in battle ahead, add some hots on yourself ( if playing alone that is.. ), also, u don't have to use Starfall and Tree Ents at the same time... That's why it has a cooldown. You'd think Blizzard adds cooldowns for fun mate.

I also checked ur talent tree, and OMG WTF!? First of all, you have Nature's Reach! I was like WTF MAN ARE U EVEN PVPING!?!? Second of all, you DONT have Brambles! I was like WTF MAN ARE U EVEN PVPING?!? Third of all, you have Improved Fairie Fire! I was like WTF MAN ... u get the point. U have 1/3 Dreamstate also a mistake, i mean comeon Dreamstate is like the main talent behind the Balance Tree, and since u barely have 450 Spirit i suggest u respecc 3/3 Dreamstate. WAIT I AM NOT DONE! You have big problems in PvP and I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT DRUIDS ARE BEST CLASS IN THE GAME and i cannot belive that ur QQing. But on the other hand man u have IMBA Talents. You have ECPLISE, another PvP Mistake ( especialy if u are playing in an Arena Team ). And you have Gale Winds which is like basicly usesless without Typhoon and well you dont have typhoon to pushback enemies so that they stop casting something or simply run away from melee DPS.

WAIT I AM STILL NOT DONE! You have IMPROVED MARK OF THE WILD. Dude thats like the worst talent ever if you are not RESTO DRUID. And you dont have Nature's Focus so that enemies dont pushback ur spellcasting. Man that's like the main PvP Talent for Druids. I gotta hand it to you, you do have Furor, it's quite impresive since ur other damn talents u added are pretty much useless in PvP. And you do have Naturalist Shapeshifter and Master Shapeshifter. That's good. And you have Intensity ( altho you still need Dreamstate, trust me! ). And you have Omen of Clarity thats both bad and good, depending of how much ur crit chance is. And by now you probably realised that if u'll use the specc i suggest you, you will still have some talents left. Use them wisely altho I VERY MUCH SUGGEST Glyph of Insect Swarm + Glyph of Moonfire and add some damn talents in Improved Moonfire. Btw you did good that you didnt add talents in Owlkin Frenzy, useless in both PvP and PvE ( if u have Nature's Reach Talent that is.. )

I wait your answer in 10 minutes Hope i helped

Quote Originally Posted by KYMYK
    You my friend are a complete nubcake. I've been playing Balance Druids for 3 and a half years now and i can tell you, Balance Druids are at it's best right now ( except few nerfs like the impending Celestial Focus )

Indeed, at times FEAR STUN and especialy SILENCE can be very annoying at times, but besides SILENCE, FEAR and STUN can be dispelled every 2 minutes ( If you have Medallion of Alliance as i do )

Did you read the news where Blizzard totaly mentioned that 1v1 PvP is unbalanced but 2v2 or more is!? Get a pal in BGs ( I suggest a Resto Druid ) and u will rock their world. Also, add Glyph of Insect Swarm and Glyph of Moonfire in your Spellbook. I deal like 1.2k damage every 2-3 seconds while casting something else! Also, make sure that before you go in battle ahead, add some hots on yourself ( if playing alone that is.. ), also, u don't have to use Starfall and Tree Ents at the same time... That's why it has a cooldown. You'd think Blizzard adds cooldowns for fun mate.

I also checked ur talent tree, and OMG WTF!? First of all, you have Nature's Reach! I was like WTF MAN ARE U EVEN PVPING!?!? Second of all, you DONT have Brambles! I was like WTF MAN ARE U EVEN PVPING?!? Third of all, you have Improved Fairie Fire! I was like WTF MAN ... u get the point. U have 1/3 Dreamstate also a mistake, i mean comeon Dreamstate is like the main talent behind the Balance Tree, and since u barely have 450 Spirit i suggest u respecc 3/3 Dreamstate. WAIT I AM NOT DONE! You have big problems in PvP and I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT DRUIDS ARE BEST CLASS IN THE GAME and i cannot belive that ur QQing. But on the other hand man u have IMBA Talents. You have ECPLISE, another PvP Mistake ( especialy if u are playing in an Arena Team ). And you have Gale Winds which is like basicly usesless without Typhoon and well you dont have typhoon to pushback enemies so that they stop casting something or simply run away from melee DPS.

WAIT I AM STILL NOT DONE! You have IMPROVED MARK OF THE WILD. Dude thats like the worst talent ever if you are not RESTO DRUID. And you dont have Nature's Focus so that enemies dont pushback ur spellcasting. Man that's like the main PvP Talent for Druids. I gotta hand it to you, you do have Furor, it's quite impresive since ur other damn talents u added are pretty much useless in PvP. And you do have Naturalist Shapeshifter and Master Shapeshifter. That's good. And you have Intensity ( altho you still need Dreamstate, trust me! ). And you have Omen of Clarity thats both bad and good, depending of how much ur crit chance is. And by now you probably realised that if u'll use the specc i suggest you, you will still have some talents left. Use them wisely altho I VERY MUCH SUGGEST Glyph of Insect Swarm + Glyph of Moonfire and add some damn talents in Improved Moonfire. Btw you did good that you didnt add talents in Owlkin Frenzy, useless in both PvP and PvE ( if u have Nature's Reach Talent that is.. )

I wait your answer in 10 minutes Hope i helped
    LoL, ok coming from someone who cannot recognized a PvE specced moonkin, I know how to spec at PvP.

glyph of moonfire in pvp..
    hmm.

I can understand the use of putting additional pressure on the enemy, esp. given that it can be obnoxious to cast nukes when under fire.. But is that light of a change really worth the loss of on-the-fly largeish instant pressure? I know MF spam is lulz and whatnot, but it can make a difference.. When MF is critting for under 300, not so much.

I am a 2v2 Player mate, i start stealthed while my Arcane Mage Teammate ( Weird combination i know! ) makes them target him ( He does IMBA DPS ) while i safely cast Moonfire + Insect Swarm on BOTH Enemies and then start nuking the healer while my teammate Counterspells him to death. And then the Caster DPS/Melee DPS enemy is freakin easy.

P.S.: Till few days ago we were losing like hell and i mean like hell, we tried new combo ( where i start stealthed and he stops using antimagic shield ) and then sudden 18 wins in a row, a record which still stands, we do like 5 matches per day, we mostly do BGs for more hateful currently, we still need Wrists Waists and um Boots.. We just passed 1550 rating ( altho we had like 1200 >_>, Arcane Mage and Balance Druid is freakin hard till you get the hang of it! )

On Arena we are wee bit soft atm, but in BG:s we still rock. We have been so since TBC. Am usually really high on both healing done and dmg done. If played smartly Balance druid can really turn the tide. Our relatively strong HoTs and ability to stealth around if needed, means we can pretty much do what ever the situation digtates. Roots, cylone, Trees and Starfall are all good way to ad pressure on the often chaotic encounters that we see in BG:s. Bringing glyphed MF to PvP is something everyone has to deside for them selfs... for me using the glyph has altered my play style to be wee bit les dependant of instant nuke MF and more to building bigger dmg casts. To me it works well. I really, really like the better DoTs.

Sk
    Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.

as someone who has done a fair amount of pvp as balance and had some success I can definitely say we are not at our finest relative state right now. I would really recommend feral for a season or two until the pvp gear improves. You can have some fun with it for sure but it's near the bottom as far as pvp specs go. Very nice PVe buffs this expansion though.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerball
    as someone who has done a fair amount of pvp as balance and had some success I can definitely say we are not at our finest relative state right now. I would really recommend feral for a season or two until the pvp gear improves. You can have some fun with it for sure but it's near the bottom as far as pvp specs go. Very nice PVe buffs this expansion though.
    Yeah I agree with pve buff, I probably exaggerated a little bit. But it still blows playing balance in PvP. As far as arenas, I find them easier than BGs

With the changes, yes, balance isn't the best spec in the game right now. However, since you mention BG's in your 1st sentence, it really is where class/specs like booms and elementals rock the world. Very very rarely do I not top meters in BG's, not only that but in overall kills and killing blows. And yes, taht's pve specced.

The bigger the battle the more freedom a boomkin has, the less likely that 3 or 4 people are going to focus on you.

Granted I do feel we need more. Taking away the starfall stun while keeping starfires is confusing in light of GC's post about wanting to get rid of RNG stuns, and also keeping other classes stuns in the game too...

Help from a Balance druid

Quote Originally Posted by KYMYK View Post
    I am a 2v2 Player mate, i start stealthed while my Arcane Mage Teammate ( Weird combination i know! ) makes them target him ( He does IMBA DPS ) while i safely cast Moonfire + Insect Swarm on BOTH Enemies and then start nuking the healer while my teammate Counterspells him to death. And then the Caster DPS/Melee DPS enemy is freakin easy.

P.S.: Till few days ago we were losing like hell and i mean like hell, we tried new combo ( where i start stealthed and he stops using antimagic shield ) and then sudden 18 wins in a row, a record which still stands, we do like 5 matches per day, we mostly do BGs for more hateful currently, we still need Wrists Waists and um Boots.. We just passed 1550 rating ( altho we had like 1200 >_>, Arcane Mage and Balance Druid is freakin hard till you get the hang of it! )
    Really interesting what you write, and seems your are right in every thing

Could you help me pick the right talent for a balance druid, so I do not get kick in the Bg's

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by xavican View Post
    Really interesting what you write, and seems your are right in every thing

Could you help me pick the right talent for a balance druid, so I do not get kick in the Bg's

Regards
    This thread was 2 years old... i had to read through half of it before realizing it.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Quote Originally Posted by Shornaal View Post
    This thread was 2 years old... i had to read through half of it before realizing it.
    I'll admit, I lol'd.