wtf is up with /ragequit after 1 wipe?

Bear in mind I've been out of the dungeon scene since just before TOC, but I don't recall every dungeon pug having cranky players who bitch if something doesn't go perfectly and upon 1 wipe they /ragequit. Any insight? It seems to be a pretty common thing.

There are quite a few possible reasons for people doing this. The generalization would be that they're not pleased at dealing with people they perceive to be 'noobs' for wiping once. Of course, it could just as well be someone who has just gotten off of trying to do another dungeon or two with people who were performing badly too, and has come into quite a bad mood in their quest for their 70 valor points of the day.
    Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here. If you had known anything about the true nature of the universe, anything at all, you would've hidden from it in terror.

some people forget it's a game and think that they actually die?

but really, i have no idea. Sore losers if you ask me :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Deleted
    Usually it's wipe, insult, /ragequit and the dungeon goes flawlessly without them.

Need to make wow light. Have the ability to run 5 toons at once on one account.

Folks spaz because they think they know how to do it better or how it should be done.
    That is why there are so many DPS who know how to tank, waiting for a dps slot in a random.(ha ha rite?)

I bail on 4 if there is no progression or thought.
    I also bail if the tank while switching from DPS complains he or she has to tank. I don't want to heal folks who act half ass. It stresses me out, makes me not want to heal and almost allways is a chore.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2011-02-07 at 02:42 AM. Reason: tank to dps = tank from dps
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Yeah, in my general experience, the ones who rage quit are really bad. I think they get so upset because they are constantly failing in dungeons, waiting 40 minutes in queue to get yet another "fail" group. Usually, it is these people causing the wipes by taking unhealable damage by standing in crap, not interupting, and just generally not doing what they are supposed to do. Also, most of the time, as someone said before, the dungeon usually goes flawlessly without them after they leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarwiseman View Post
    Usually it's wipe, insult, /ragequit and the dungeon goes flawlessly without them.
    EVERY TIME. It makes me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Need to make wow light. Have the ability to run 5 toons at once on one account.

Folks spaz because they think they know how to do it better or how it should be done.
    That is why there are so many DPS who know how to tank, waiting for a dps slot in a random.(ha ha rite?)

I bail on 4 if there is no progression or thought.
    I also bail if the tank while switching from DPS complains he or she has to tank. I don't want to heal folks who act half ass. It stresses me out, makes me not want to heal and almost allways is a chore.
    To be fair, I *have* had tanks that had no idea what they were doing. Like the tank for Steelbender you kept letting stacks drop at 1-2 stacks, insisted we were handling the adds wrong, and wouldn't listen to the proper strategy while calling us morons and claiming that he isn't a retard. Nevermind that when you do it the right way, you won't even get any adds. Eventually he ragequit, got a new tank who actually knew how to do it.

As dps, I like to keep up on what tanks have to worry about a bit too. Easier to know if they're failing hard or the fail is coming from elsewhere. And I have an alt that can tank, so it'll be nice for when I bother to play him to kinda know what I'm doing.