Is Chimaeron still one tankable?

Unless something changed from what I remember watching in Beta, you really only needed one actual tank for Chimaeron. Your actual tank to eat the Breaks, and just a plate DPS to eat the Double Attacks, or vice-versa.

Is this still possible? I'm asking because I have to leave my guilds raid early tonight and I'm trying to figure out if they can still work on Chimaeron.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragels View Post
    Unless something changed from what I remember watching in Beta, you really only needed one actual tank for Chimaeron. Your actual tank to eat the Breaks, and just a plate DPS to eat the Double Attacks, or vice-versa.

Is this still possible? I'm asking because I have to leave my guilds raid early tonight and I'm trying to figure out if they can still work on Chimaeron.
    You are correct, kind of.

The Plate DPS/Bear take the breaks and the real tank takes double attacks.

A DPS can tank through the normal attacks (w/ break) only needing to stay over 10k to survive via the bot, though you need a real tank to eat the double strikes.

I just solo tanked Chimaeron with my guild today.
    I was able to eat all double attacks and all stacks of break.

Any DPS with a regular taunt can be the break tank

Quote Originally Posted by Kraven Moorehead View Post
    I just solo tanked Chimaeron with my guild today.
    I was able to eat all double attacks and all stacks of break.
    Sure you were. With max break stacks a double attack will kill you, bot or no bot. You will not dodge all double attacks whole fight long. Go troll elsewhere kkthx :-)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    On our first HM kill we had a ret paladin tanking the boss.

It was hilarious.