High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Which Meta gem now for protection warriors?

As Eternal Shadowspirit Diamond is now being reduced to +1% shield block value from 5%. Is Austere Shadowspirit Diamond now the best option?

I've looked around google and elitist jerks but can't find any answers on this.

Thanks guys,

hardtofin.

Deleted
    It's always been +1% block value, the old tooltip was misleading/incorrect. The Eternal should still be slightly better.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orly!!! I never knew that! So stick with the one I have then I guess. Thanks . Although looking at the patch notes, it says it is now 1% DOWN from 5%.....that doesn't sound like a tooltip error being fixed to me. Can anyone else confirm?

Deleted
    Has always been 1% to my knowledge as well. The tooltip has just been misleading since release. A lot of meta gems have had issues, in fact, and is a reason why they are fixing and changing quite a few of them.

As far as i know, it's 5% increase of base value, landing at 31.5% as of now really, tooltip just want to show it as 31%.
    It's probably a tooltip change so that it gets less confusing, the question "why do i get 31% instead of 35% blocked damage?" is perhaps very frequent at bugforums and bugreports.