new druid flightform edition

looking at the flightforms for the different classes and they seem to look much like each other (except for the troll form). sso what would u think if they changed the nelf flightform to an owl instead of a bird? it would add a bit more uniqeness to the nelf flightform compared to the others. and the nightelves seem to fit better with the owl rather the current flightform.

From a lore standpoint changing from a Raven (I think) would not work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran, hiding whoopie cushions under Rhonin's chair.
    But what's so terrifying about an OWL falling out of the sky and transforming into a panther to rape you?

"Heeeeeeere's STORMRAGE!!"

"Hoooooooooooo...."

Like you're being divebombed by Michael Jackson or something...

More On-topic though, technically all races have a unique set of forms. Trolls have Bats, Worgen have Crows, Tauren have horned devil birds, and Night Elves have Ravens... I think.
    Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his wrath be kindled but a little.

I just want to be able to use the original flight form (the black one). It looks way cooler than blue/red one for swift flight form.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrow Stilborne View Post
    But what's so terrifying about an OWL falling out of the sky and transforming into a panther to rape you?

"Heeeeeeere's STORMRAGE!!"

"Hoooooooooooo...."

Like you're being divebombed by Michael Jackson or something...

More On-topic though, technically all races have a unique set of forms. Trolls have Bats, Worgen have Crows, Tauren have horned devil birds, and Night Elves have Ravens... I think.
    You obviously haven't seen a bearded owl take out a rodent in the middle of a forest.

You would never realize something so HUGE could be so silent. Then you hear the twigs and branches break as it dive bombs its prey. They are quite impressive and vicious. Other raptors have the pleasure of doing their hunting in the wide open sky. Owls do it in the thick of the forest often times.

Quote Originally Posted by kronak View Post
    I just want to be able to use the original flight form (the black one). It looks way cooler than blue/red one for swift flight form.
    Perhaps if they updated that model a bit, as it is definitely much lower quality than the epic forms.

i just seems to me like the skins are almost the same with very few changes, but maybe thats just me

Quote Originally Posted by vth99 View Post
    i just seems to me like the skins are almost the same with very few changes, but maybe thats just me
    No, there is a definite difference in skin quality between the two.

Enh, seems they put much more thought into trolls rather than worgens. Not that I don't like the back of the worgen form, orange plating does suit the contrast from the black well. But maybe something more unique for worgen or night elf would suit.

Are the new flight forms on PTR? It still shows me as a birdy as a Troll Druid swift flight form and I'm dying to see the bat.

If they are, does anyone know of a screenshot and/or video clip of the bat in action?

I don't know much about the lore of the game but I would like to see swift flight forms as follows:

Night Elf = Owl (I like your idea vth)
    Tauren = Buzzard
    Troll = Bat (Good job blizz)
    Worgen = Raven

Don't care how druids look in their flight form. They should still be forced out of that shitty shape when they pick herbs. And quest. And whatever... Even when you engage them in combat they just fly away when ever your stun runs out. Politician-shape, it is. All that immunity.

And in the coming patch you even get the Guild Perk mount speed bonus WITHOUT BEING MOUNTED... Go to hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Druids of the Talon took the form of a Storm Crow. The current Night Elf form fits with lore and should remain as it is. I love it.

A Storm Crow, for those who don't know, have similar builds to regular crows, but slightly larger in size according to WoW lore.

The Worgen flight form takes inspiration from the Storm Crow, which is nice, while still having a Worgen feel to it.

I feel the current flight forms are fine as they are. Giving Night Elves an owl would make no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeTarzan View Post
    Don't care how druids look in their flight form. They should still be forced out of that shitty shape when they pick herbs. And quest. And whatever... Even when you engage them in combat they just fly away when ever your stun runs out. Politician-shape, it is. All that immunity.

And in the coming patch you even get the Guild Perk mount speed bonus WITHOUT BEING MOUNTED... Go to hell.
    bitter much?

Just to point out the difference in quality between slow and Swift forms:

See how pixelated the slow flight form is? Compare the feathers in the wings for example...

I will burn your soul.

Quick question here: I read that the Worgen Flight form would be significantly smaller than the night elven one...anyone can confirm this or even post a picture from the PTRs? thanks in advance, guys

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Barawr View Post
    From a lore standpoint changing from a Raven (I think) would not work.
    As a nelf, you are not a raven, but a Storm Crow. But lorewise, you are correct, a nelf druid, is partly a Druid of the Talon, thus they are Storm Crows.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

can someone tell me what the regular troll flight form is , i know epic is a bat but is regular a bat too? it would be dumb for reg flight to be a birt , then epic a bat
    "lol uh oh , spelling correction, the sure sign someone is losing an argument "