10+ Year Old Account

Where's our mana reduction?

So i couldn't help but notice that casters such as fire mages and boomkins got mana reductions to their dots yet us (the class who's dps is 76% dots) didnt get any mana reduction at all to our already moderately expensive dots. Now i'm not gonna lie, the way our dots mana cost affects our mana management makes our class pretty fun to play but am i the only one that thinks it's unfair that we get penalized the most when it comes to multi dotting mobs during trash or boss fights?
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Are you a lock? My boom wants to be able to convert health to mana on a whim and have someone else heal me back to full health. Maybe locks didn't get mana cost reductions because it is so easy for them to get mana back. Just a thought....

Quote Originally Posted by xotrem View Post
    Are you a lock?.
    Priest forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

I'm thinking that because shades don't really have mana problems in a single target environment (especially with shadowfiend, sw:d, and disperse) and because those dots are the only real mana guzzler in the rotation, they didn't feel the need to change it. Personally, I loved the days in bgs at late Wrath where I could just multi dot masses and masses of people and nearly double the person 2nd in damage. In fact, it was one of the only bright spots about Wrath. They may be avoiding the potential for shades to just multi dot everything to death without ever running out of mana, and if that is what they are after, they sure did achieve it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    So i couldn't help but notice that casters such as fire mages and boomkins got mana reductions to their dots yet us (the class who's dps is 76% dots) didnt get any mana reduction at all to our already moderately expensive dots. Now i'm not gonna lie, the way our dots mana cost affects our mana management makes our class pretty fun to play but am i the only one that thinks it's unfair that we get penalized the most when it comes to multi dotting mobs during trash or boss fights?
    In "learn to use your mana the right way" land.

Deleted
    I think the very reason that most of priest damage comes from DoTs is why they havent decreased the mana cost. For druids and mages, DoTs make up a small amount of their DPS, but for priests, this is a helluva different story! If they reduced it for priests, then priests would have a much easier time dpsing.

Just my two cents.

Deleted
    Are you a lock? My boom wants to be able to convert health to mana on a whim and have someone else heal me back to full health. Maybe locks didn't get mana cost reductions because it is so easy for them to get mana back. Just a thought....
    Priest forum.

He is definitely a lock since it's a priest forum !

And I agree - SP have to use Shadowfiends and Dispersion on every CD. I mean right in the second it becomes available, otherwise it's an oom.
    Al least his is what I have to deal with in pre-heroic gear. And that sucks very much.

* MMO-Champion » Forum » Classes Discussions » Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ehtnalav View Post
    And I agree - SP have to use Shadowfiends and Dispersion on every CD. I mean right in the second it becomes available, otherwise it's an oom.
    Al least his is what I have to deal with in pre-heroic gear. And that sucks very much.
    Get some gear up because crit does help with shadowfiend CD and more importantly don't be afraid to sw:d during the fight before execute range. 10% mana return and 10 second cooldown. Use it occasionally while standing still, but definitely pop it amongst your DP spam while moving.

15+ Year Old Account

If you have mazochism you'll be around full mana all the time on most bosses (hello raid damage). If not, you can still manage it pretty easily. But you definitely have to know the encounter to decide how to use sf/da/swd.

Shadow Word: Death, Shadowfiend, Dispersion, Hymn of Hope, Archangel. And you still need mana? o.O
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-02-07 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Added confused emote to emphasize.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungtah View Post
    Priest forums.
    Ah, just followed the link from MMO and didn't notice the forums. Didn't know most priest damage was DoT related.

---------- Post added 2011-02-07 at 06:21 PM ----------

Wouldn't be the first person to post in the wrong forum

Personally I have little to no mana problems now that I've figured out how to manage it better along with getting heroic/raid gear.

With all the mana cooldowns/abilities we have I think we're fine the way we are. Just make sure to use them! *cough*

10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me i know how to play my class, i take advantage of masochism if i'm on the move or if im need of mana, i know how to use my cooldowns and i never have any trouble with mana in any singletarget or fights that require you to dot one or two more adds.

My problem is that i think it's unfair that boomkins and firemages can multidot in fights such as magmaw, maloriak, sinestra (i know rarely anyone will fight her but still) without having to worry much about mana while a spriest will be drained quickly and will have to retreat to using their shitty excuse for an aoe that mindsear is
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"