Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So When's blizzard gonna come rain on your rets parade, why not? they cant have a class that people are happy with now can they

* Divine Purpose: The chance for applicable abilities to generate Holy Power has been reduced to 7/15%, down from 20/40%, but instead of generating 1 Holy Power, the next applicable ability used consumes no Holy Power and acts as if the paladin has 3 Holy Power.

Soo stupid -- stupidly written, stupidly explained... there is no need to complicate this ... please simplify.

If I had a dime for every time Ret Paladins QQ'ed I'd be a lot richer than you
    If you had a dime for a time ANY spec QQ'ed, you'd be rich as all get out. Every spec in game QQ's about something alot, I jsut get pissed when people complain about ret's QQ'ing.

So When's blizzard gonna come rain on your rets parade, why not? they cant have a class that people are happy with now can they
    What is this I dont even... Seriously, what does that even mean, I kinda of got the last part... but that first part made no sense to me at all.

So my rogue didn't get vanish fixed until Cata.
    One ability doesn't hold the importance of a whole spec.

It only took them 6 years
    WoW has been live for that long.

and your class wasn't originally suppose to be able to do damage in end game.
    Which is terrible game design. Every class should have 1 viable PvE and 1 viable PvP dps spec. If they only have 1 DPS spec, it must be the same spec. If you make a class with 3 specs in a high end game like this, all the specs must be viable at something, or you have failed at your job.

Guess what, its not just your class. Sometimes, it just takes them a while to fix things.
    Which is bad, but understandable, but taking 6 years to fix something as major as a spec is way out of line.

To say Vanilla was not balanced can be argued, depending on your outlook.
    Vanilla was terribly unbalanced, no matter how you looked at it. PvE was silly, PvP was retarded in most cases.

---------- Post added 2011-02-14 at 05:59 PM ----------

Soo stupid -- stupidly written, stupidly explained... there is no need to complicate this ... please simplify.
    Divine Purpose is now our old mastery.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

Ret is better than it was for sure. In terms of damage. The spec has never been more boring to play, however.

Needs more polish.

I personally find patch 4.0.6 to be, in general, better along the lines of what Blizzard had wanted Retribution to be in Cataclysm. Sure, the rotation is somewhat dull, and at times I find myself starring at the screen global after global with no procs and its irritating at times. I personally prefer Wrath mechanics, most likely because I felt more as if I was being more active with my DPS hitting every thing and waiting for those DS procs. I have always enjoyed Ret, but this new system kinda led me to go prot, because at times, I just can't stand it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamson View Post
    Ret is better than it was for sure. In terms of damage. The spec has never been more boring to play, however.

Needs more polish.
    This exactly, I've shot up in the meters but I'm not having fun, there seems like a lot of waiting involved. I know that it was very random and jerky but I miss the old Divine Purpose. It was a much more fun mechanic than the old Hand of Light, even if chaining TVs once every blue moon is really good damage.

Retribution doesn't really have a rotation, it's all about generating HP and managing procs and cooldowns. I use powerauras to help me keep track of procs like trinkets and enchantments while the default UI alerts me to talent procs and the like. It's working out well for me.

Since the patch, I gave up on the 1710 str proc trinket in favor of the Alchemist stone, which has lowered my burst dps but drastically increased my baseline dps. Cooldowns send my DPS through the roof, to 22-30k for a given fight. I'm enjoying the new ret spec.

Too bad my guild has crap healers and I'm usually Holy.

Quote Originally Posted by t3hj0j0 View Post
    One ability doesn't hold the importance of a whole spec.
    Which is bad, but understandable, but taking 6 years to fix something as major as a spec is way out of line.
    True and not true. Its a core mechanic of the class though. Rogues not being able to restealth at all, unless chaining Cloak to Vanish, and even then bleeds would keep us out of stealth.

Think of it like this, Your bubble never has and never did work until Cata, aside from once in a blue moon. Is it vital to say a prot paladin? Maybe not. But its still a core class mechanic, that was bugged, since the game went live, and wasn't fixed until 2, 4 or even 6 years down the road.

I won't say a whole spec, is equaled out to a core ability used across an entire class; The point still remains. Blizzard just lets some things go to long, for almost every class. Its really not just paladins who've gotten the shaft.
    Alliance on Uldaman - Mortred, Traxex, Tarrasque, Kaldr, Shendelzare
    Horde on Draenor - Littleevil, Le, Xaladin, Smokingcrow.

Quite true, they let a lot of stuff go, but they shouldn't let anything like a spec go this long and get this bad.

And yah, as a comp sci major, I understand the difficulties of getting vanish right (it's hard to do something like that in a game like WoW, just thinking about it gives me a headache). The thing is, I also played a rogue for awhile, and while I would have lvoed to have a working vanish in vanilla/most of TBC, it really would have made them even more OP (I played with 2k latency, I was able to solo 5 people at a time through stuns).

But more on point: Yes, I know that palys (ret specifically) have not been the only thing getting ignored by blizz, they ignore a lot of stuff. My post was more a response to someone saying "just wait, blizz said they will fix it this time" post, which crop up quite often, and really have little evidence behind the statement.
    And thank you for not making it a "ret QQ to much, stop whining" post, really makes my day when a post is actually constructive while still invoking conversation.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamson View Post
    I played Vanilla. This is better. I used to play by running into a fight and alt-TABbing out to browse the net; checked in when the fight was over and repeated.

Yes, it was that bad. The class wasn't really worth playing for damage.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the 4.0.6 Ret but I hate to stare at my clcinfo to see that i need to cast 2 CS and have 4 seconds + - downtime and can only autohit inbetween or use some cds for tanks dds healer etc.

Doesn't feel right to me.

Compared to wrath were you were spamming like hell never standing still or having time to use anything else than DPS spells it is a little bit akward ^^

I like the DPS though it feels pretty ncie in Heroix havent had a raid since cause I had to Heal but I will Test it today

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    I played Vanilla. This is better. I used to play by running into a fight and alt-TABbing out to browse the net; checked in when the fight was over and repeated.

Yes, it was that bad. The class wasn't really worth playing for damage.

EJL
    I didn't start playing till 2.2 myself. I should have clarified.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlyskilled View Post
    Why would you pick out a hypothetical percentage that goes against any Retribution theory crafting numbers? You realize this math is based on tens of thousands of iterations and it's irrational to think that a couple of anecdotal target dummy tests outweigh actual stat weights?

Mastery and Crit are close in value, but Mastery is still better. Don't spread false information based on an assumption.
    I totally picked out a hypothetical percentage about Crit... and was right.

Moving along...

Deleted
    Ok I am the crappiest geared ret pally I've ever seen and I'm pulling like 11k+ dps on random hc. Without watching properly to Inquisition at all.

Please lol at my char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...drobent/simple

I am near to goldless, that's why I didn't even gem my gear so this morning I went to hcs like "ok time for the lulz" and queued as DPS. and I spent all the f**** dungeon laughing like hell and being like "looooooool I'm at the first place!! LMAO!!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselpower View Post

Moving along...

Do you have any math or calculations to show as proof of your claims, or just hitting the dummy tests?

While i will be waiting for your stuff to show me that what you claim is right i will link you something from EJ that shows that even with mastery stacking, mastery is still better thatn crit.

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110342-...compliant/p30/
    Check what Redcape says on the #747 post.What he claims, is backed from a whole spreadsheet and countless tests.

Moving along...
    Uhhhh, no you weren't. I'm not exactly how to approach this other than, "you're wrong", because you are. Crit, Mastery and Haste are all approximately linear in value. There is not special place to sit at for any stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Uhhhh, no you weren't. I'm not exactly how to approach this other than, "you're wrong", because you are. Crit, Mastery and Haste are all approximately linear in value. There is not special place to sit at for any stat.
    Doesn't a raid boss have -5% crit reduction? Wouldn't this mean that there might be some special number to get to for Crit?

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't a raid boss have -5% crit reduction? Wouldn't this mean that there might be some special number to get to for Crit?
    There are miles of difference between might and being true.
    If you are going to throw assumptions without something worthy to back them,dont do it...
    Because something was in a certain way in wotlk doesnt mean it would stay the same in cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy the new Ret paladin, there is enough happening for it to not become boring, yet its not impossible to look around and notice where you are either. I wouldn't mind seeing DivStorm buffed a bit more to make rets competitive on aoe either, but of course, boss damage is what counts...

As far as I know, naked stats give you ~5% crit with no gear on, so it's actually impossible to not be able to crit a boss at some point. I still think you're missing the point. Crit is a linear increase. So is haste, and so is mastery. To say there's a special level of each doesn't make any sense.