Poll: How strong is you "faith" in Blizzards ability to design WoW?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    No i dont have strong faith in them anymore but until something better comes out i will be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    The community has a better understanding of game-mechanics
    i fail to understand how the community would know more about the game-mechanics than the people who made them

10+ Year Old Account
    For the last few patches we have seen a crapload of bugs that Blizzard was able to hotfix within 1 week, but this sorta thing makes me wonder what the hell they are doing on PTR's, those are test realms to find out if their changes are bugged or inbalanced.
    Feral gets nerfed, blizz says they are buffed before all the nerfs so 0+1-1=0 sounds obvious.
    Been seeing them caring more about PvP than PvE content between the Raid patches (just look at all the nerfs most are mainly about PvP ''Balance'', but also trying to give a reason to say that it also is about PvE but that is just not true).

If all is going to stay like this then I think I will maybe go for the new Star wars mmo or plainly Guild wars 2.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Almost every complaint on the forums can be summed up as follows...

Dear Blizzard,

Nerf paper. Scissors is fine.

Love,
    Rock
    I've seen this quotes so much, and I used to think it was true, but it is a vast over generalization. I'll tell you why. When something doesn't work, you notice it. You'll complain or fix it. When something seems to be going along fine, why mention it? If you're OP let the classes going against you say it. And also, most qq comes against the classes that are the strongest. It doesn't work in a circle like rock, paper scissors. If the classes were balanced which they never have been, and under blizzard, never will be, then rock, paper, scissors, metaphors would fit. The best metaphors for wow would be something that doesn't show balance:

Dear Blizz,
    Porsche is OP.
    Skateboard is fine.
    Love,
    Bicycle.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    i fail to understand how the community would know more about the game-mechanics than the people who made them
    I believe it is somewhat true that we do understand the mechanics better. After all, we have seen how god awful blizzards internal testing is. As compared to the player testing where the players are actually reporting the problems with certain mechanics to blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...because the customer is always right?
    "Its hard to tank!"
    "....Yeah, maybe in the first 5 seconds... if you don't have a hunter... or a rogue... or competent dps.... maybe...."

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Conjure refreshment now applies a debuff that does 30,000 shadow damage over 10 seconds to anyone, friend or foe, within 30 yards. "Vendor's Vengeance" is not dispellable.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    IF Blizzard were to post explanations and reasoning for the changes they make, the community would be much less unhappy. This is not the military were some officer tells a grunt you will run into that machine gun nest without an explanation as to why. We are not lemmings and we do deserve to know the reasoning behind the decisions or rather the method behind the madness.

With how blizzard is handling the whole "The Exalted" thing I lost all faith in them. Canceled my subscription and waiting for star wars.

Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ltsmash View Post
    Obviously they dont know whats best considering they practically retool every class once a month.
    U serious ? just wondering. How u would balance the game ? before monitoring and spotting the problem ?

"lol there is beta, no?"

Dont be stupid, everything cant be spotted there. wow is the most updated game in the world. Thats what keeps it fresh and good all the time. and ofcourse there are many ppl who dont like how the game has become, and some ppl quit because their class isnt good enough.

And heck, all these posts on the official forum saying "My class isnt so good on this particular matter, plz give me more mobility and dmg cus clearly the game is supposed to adapt to my needs and not the other way around."
    Honestly ppl.. How do u play other games ? "scuuuse me, valve, my UZI isnt as good at range as the AK47, plz give it more dmg and accuracy" i mean.. seriously. So frost isnt the best raiding spec for mages. Spec fire or arcane. suck it up. MM gets buffed and surv gets nerfed "Scuuuuse me blizzard, im taking my 15$ a month elsewheeeeere" Am i the only one who thinks its stupid.

The worst part is that its only the vocal minority. 12million ppl like the game, 1000ppl dislike the game, so u get 1000 threads whining about it.

So yes, i think blizzard knows what they're doing.

I wouldn't say I've lost faith in Blizzard overall, but some of the individuals I have lost faith in for sure. Ghostcrawler speaking on priest forum and misnaming/mentioning other classes spells during TBC in regards to a change really muddied up my view on him f.ex.

Honestly, of all the developers out there who put out solid content and stand behind their games, patching games even after they've been out for years... Blizzard is one of the best. So may only put out a few patches and then leave their games out to pasture.

I have little to no faith in Blizzard at the moment.
    I feel that Blizzard is like a poor fashion designer, with little to no understanding in how the clothes feels to wear.
    I haven't enjoyed the game content and I've only stayed because of the people in my guild, but now when the guild is failing me too, I'm out.
    Last edited by Nacly; 2011-07-20 at 09:15 AM.

From playing Wow for about 6 odd years, I've noticed the COMMUNITY change.

When WoW first started you had a lot more serious MMORPG gamers playing, now while these people may be still playing, the majority that I knew have left. However the numbers have balanced out by an influx of newer players, which based on my own observations are younger. 'Old School' players: Think back to the people you knew back then..... and how many are playing now? I bet it's not many.

When I started playing WoW I was 23 and most of the people I knew were 17+ (but that could be due to the circles I moved in).
    Now I see many players who openly say they are early teens (around 12-16). I've even know a couple of people who let their kids play who are around the 7-8 mark.

I've seen my own daughter (who plays DK) randomly push buttons, whilst watching TV and talking to myself or my wife, come out on top of the DPS charts. By her own admission she doesn't know what she's doing.

In short: WoW has changed because we, as a playerbase, have changed.
    When you have 1,000,000 whining posted threads, what do you do? Are the players wrong?
    Remember "The customer is always right". What has happened is due to the community, not the development team.
    Last edited by Kelticfox; 2011-02-10 at 09:17 AM.