Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Petition for a Rift Section of Forums

Since its obvious to everyone that Rift will be a huge sucess, I hope that the mods here will embrace its community by allowing a forum section for us to discuss it on.

I'm sure you've heard this 100 times, but this is a WoW forum. If you want a RIFT one go to their official website.

Thanks to Amalisa for this great Sig!

Deleted
    If it's so bloody obvious to you, go make your own fan-forum for this "Rift".

Quote Originally Posted by Ehllfhire View Post
    Since its obvious to everyone that Rift will be a huge sucess, I hope that the mods here will embrace its community by allowing a forum section for us to discuss it on.
    /signed =)
    If you have happened upon the "Off-Topic" thread because it was on the front page, you can opt not to see "Off-Topic" threads by clicking the box labeled "Show Off-Topics"

How do you know it's obvious for everyone that Rift will be a huge success?
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

yep how is it obvious? i still feal Rift is a huge failure...anyway rift does not belong on mmo-champ becuase its a wow forum why dont you make ur own fanboi rift forum

I'd personally like this, but if we had one for RIFT, we'd have to have one for any new MMO that comes out. Not saying thats a bad thing, but may be more work than its worth.
    Besides, this is the wrong forum to ask, the Feedback & Suggestion forums would be best.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIFT belongs in the Off-Topic forums. Nothing else on mmo-champion.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Boubuille slam-dunked the last thread that suggested this.

But since your panned by curse to its customers as being an mmo site you should accomadate your owners wishes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    How do you know it's obvious for everyone that Rift will be a huge success?
    How do you know that it isn't obvious to everyone that it will be a huge success? That kind of logic works both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehllfhire View Post
    But since your panned by curse to its customers as being an mmo site you should accomadate your owners wishes
    Or Curse just starts up another site dedicated to RIFT.

/signed vvvvvvv

But they havent, so why not look to the futeure?

Deleted

Not an "wow" forum

This is an MMO forum not just a wow forum...

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    How do you know that it isn't obvious to everyone that it will be a huge success? That kind of logic works both ways.
    It's not obvious to me that it will be a huge success. Actually I'm quite sure it will be a huge fail in a few months. So that counts me out of the "obvious success" and you can't really state everyone anymore. So that kind of logic actually doesn't work both ways, now does it?
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    No... no it doesn't. If everything was a huge success just by existing, then indeed that logic would be sound.
    But existence does not equal success by the standard definition.

Simply the fact that at least one person does not believe it will be a huge success disproves your statement.

I could care less, I hope Rift is a success. But I doubt it will be. Either way this is a World of Warcraft site... Do you people go to a verizon forum and ask them to create a sprint boards? (okay, lame example... I'm tired)

and it is a World of Warcraft site. When was the last time you saw another MMO mentioned on the site itself?
    Right.
    Why is mmo-champion a WoW site? Because WoW is the mmo-champion. Simple as that.
    'Cause what the world needs now
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just go to one of the Rift sites, or the Official site, why is this even an issue, why are people so stupid..

15+ Year Old Account
    Rift isn't even out yet. If it comes out and people don't forget about it after a month (like has happened with every other game), we'll see.

There's no reason for a whole forum section now; feel free to use the various discussion threads in the Video Game forum.

It's still in beta and half the game is still shrouded in mystery. If you'd like to make a rift forum, I'm sure the developers have provided a fansite kit on the Rift website.

sorry. this. is. a. wow. forum. rifters. g. t. f. o