Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxord View Post
    What's the point of all this? We all know the spec is broken, we all know it will be fixed, we all know it will be soon. Stop blaming the players who care about the gameplay and not just about big numbers and being OP. Blizz will fix this, and not because for the ppl whining: they will fix coz it's not working as intended. And spamming a shot that was meant to be used only on proc while ignoring the signature shot of the spec, is NOT working as intended.
    So, based on this reply I am not caring about gameplay and just want big numbers? I admit it's not working as intended, it does feel clunky at times. But coming from SV who relies mostly and a completely random proc to do good dps (mostly) I find it good to finally get to use my beloved MM spec again, be it clunky or not. Blizzard have mainly fucked us over due to making AiS only good on procs, post patch ofc, and I can see them nerfing both version of AiS back into the ground, cause they just can't seem to balance it right.
    But I can't agree with the people who cry the sky is falling cause they can't move anymore, cause that's just not right. Go two months back in time and tell me you didn't enjoy having to stand still to cast SS. Mobility makes us great, yes, but what also made us great back then (and still does) is how we manage to use that mobility right.
    Last edited by mmocff401fe86c; 2011-02-10 at 11:40 AM.

[/COLOR]

Any good enough geared PvP mage have around 130k HP problem?.That you cant use your mobility isnt mine Aimed shot problem it is yours one go roll protadin if you dint want to eat 50k aimed

P.S. i really hate QQ mages coz from the day when i enter in Official Hunter forums there always have tons of treads from mages who scream "omg nerf" sorry bro but you have to accept the fact that the hunters are your biggest problem just like warriors accept that for mages[/QUOTE]

the only way a mage atm can reach 130k hp is to have almost full 365 vicious gear and all the possible buffs which can happen only at bgs and very very rare at 5v5 arena teams so the % to meet a mage with this hp are pretty low atm.

if you have seen mages with more than 125k that are not in full 365 gear and full buffed then they are fail mages with gems and enchs for stamina.

so either you are facing fail mages or you are facing most of the time mages with 2400-2500 arena teams that have the rank to gain access to the 365 main armor pieces and to gain the needed points to buy all the gear.

what i believe? you just throwing big numbers in your meaningless attempt to convince us that hunters burst in not that high because we have huge hp pools.

even if every single mage or other class was at pvp with 140 or even 150k hp this burst is stupid and will be nerfed.

you said i shall go reroll a protadin to avoid getting 50k aimed shots?go learn how to make valid points because suggestion like this are just stupid and screaming that you can't say smt valid to support your opinion.

you just screaming and hope someone will hear you and leave hunters as they are atm with their broken aimed shot.

and no aimed shot is not my problem it is yours because it is broken and will soon get your class nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Agroculture View Post
    http://img843.imageshack.us/f/wtfhunter.jpg/

There you go.And these two land at the same time if you hardcast Aimed.
    Yes and then you have almost 0 Focus to do more damage. Working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Justsomething View Post
    Aimed Shots critting 41k to a mage with 3110 resilience is not OP at all, and shooting 30k Chimerashot crit instantly after AS aint OP either. I mean its only 71k burst dmg. Seriously, why do these people even cry?
    U c what I did there?
    LOL the PVPers are in tears right now!!! It will be nerfed. If not bc of PVE dmg (which it will) but because of PVP. If there isn't already threads about them bitching on the forums oh there will be.

Heaven forbid the people that love their class want it to function properly. Survival went through this same deal on beta when explosive shot hit like a girl and arcane was actually hitting harder. Hard casting Aimed Shot feels very right for Marksman, but ignoring Chimera Shot altogether doesn't.

I see a change to Master Marksman talent to be most likely. They'll change the talent to where Steady procs CD reset on Chimera and lets us use it with no focus cost or something like that. They'll probably adjust the damage and focus cost of Aimed Shot, and possibly the cast time too (a la Crusader Strike change after 3.0). If they lower the damage-per-focus a tad, and add some incentive to use Chimera Shot, I think Marksman would be fun to play. Spam casting the same AI>SS>SS to 20-25k is boring.

ok, this is how i see it... hunters have been shitty since the start of the expack.. now we get a attack that hits as hard as a warrior or even a frost mage using frost bolt + icelance? its easy to keep people from making u cast aimed shot in arena, u just gota get on a hunter and ride them out preaty much and they are fucked if u have a good healer... if u let them free cast u will die now... before u could lol at the damg and stand there... hunters are acctually a class ppl should be scared to see now, ive been scared to see any class come up against me 1v1... and still if u loose 1v1 to a hutner ur doing it wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Grolly View Post
    If you want to get the absolute most out of your class then no.
    I do not want. So I am excused from hard-casting AiS, except for first 20%, right?
    We sail tonight for Kalimdor,
    We're all as mad as hatters here...

that to me, is stupid when i have 3200 resil.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkh0990 View Post
    The truly ridiculous thing about this complaint is that the ability is the CORE ABILITY learned when picking up Marks. It's like arguing that Explosive Shot does too much damage for Survival and should barely be used. This is completely ridiculous. I honestly have no other words for this outside of ridiculous.

I hear BM hunters spam Intimidation in raids for better dps.

Because you have no other option as a hunter but to roll Marksmanship and hard cast Aimed Shots? My head just exploded.

As has already been said, no, you don't. Unless you like being in the bottom half of dps in a raid of equally geared and skilled players who all know full well that you're holding them back.

Quote Originally Posted by blighttusk View Post
    Learn to aspect of the fox..... tough concept isn't it?

Yeah, because that really helps you use Aimed Shot while moving. Try it out.
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicD View Post
    ok, this is how i see it... hunters have been shitty since the start of the expack.. now we get a attack that hits as hard as a warrior or even a frost mage using frost bolt + icelance? its easy to keep people from making u cast aimed shot in arena, u just gota get on a hunter and ride them out preaty much and they are fucked if u have a good healer... if u let them free cast u will die now... before u could lol at the damg and stand there... hunters are acctually a class ppl should be scared to see now, ive been scared to see any class come up against me 1v1... and still if u loose 1v1 to a hutner ur doing it wrong...
    How have hunters been shitty since the x-pack came out? That is non-sense imo. I always top the meters and almost always win in pvp. I don't understand why hunters would complain about doing more damage though. Yes, in pvp it can mess up some one's day, but rejoice and get a hunter on your areana team and possibly you will win something.
    Last edited by blighttusk; 2011-02-10 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justsomething View Post
    Aimed Shots critting 41k to a mage with 3110 resilience is not OP at all, and shooting 30k Chimerashot crit instantly after AS aint OP either. I mean its only 71k burst dmg. Seriously, why do these people even cry?

U c what I did there?
    If you really believe the Mage was wearing 3k+ resilience and getting hit that hard you have other issues. But I hear it's hard to put on your PVE gear, then right before you take your little Screenshot swap back on PVP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Koumaru View Post
    I hear BM hunters spam Intimidation in raids for better dps.
    Yes, because that comparison clearly makes sense.

As has already been said, no, you don't. Unless you like being in the bottom half of dps in a raid of equally geared and skilled players who all know full well that you're holding them back.
    Where are you getting this information, straight from your butt? The math I have seen shows Survival BARELY below Marks in terms of single target DPS. For fights with AoE, Survival actually pulls ahead. Next tier of raiding might be different, but as it stands now, Survival is viable and provides competitive DPS.

Yeah, because that really helps you use Aimed Shot while moving. Try it out.
    Stop trying to use a casted shot during a mobile phase? Use AS/CS when you have to move. Sorry to break it to you, but not every boss fight will have ideal conditions for the optimal DPS rotation/priority shots.

-------------------------------------

So, as a frost mage, where were your shields?

Are people having that hard of a time believing an Aimed+Chimera combo can hit for 70k?

Mages really don't get to complain about anything concerning pvp :P

Know what its like to get hit with a mage's elemental freeze, 2 icelances, deep freeze, another 2 icelances, all of them doing 25k each and you being helpless unless you pop deterrence and trink? I'm sure you do, you must do it all the time.

Now I don't mean to be all over you but really, mages own everything pretty regularly. Just because one well played hunter beats you every once and a while doesnt mean its op. Hardcasting an aimed shot is time you have to get in close or out of range.

Hunters have and always will have a steep learning curve.

like someone stated earlier, i feel like a caster now when hard casting aimed shot. yes we always spammed steady shot/cobra shot... but we filled gaps with instant abilities and we were ALWAYS clicking buttons. I have no claster classes above level 40 because waiting to do abilities is boring to me. Let me try to give an example. When this game started back in vanilla, i made a warrior and i hated it because almost all of their abilities were "On next swing" so you had to wait before you could use a lot of the abilities and the waiting was just boring to me. So i rolled a rogue because they had abilities that were instant and you didnt have to wait for anything but the energy to use them which wasnt bad. But like that guy said earlier, if i wanted to be a class with 90% cast times, i would have a been a caster.

Quote Originally Posted by blighttusk View Post
    How have hunters been shitty since the x-pack came out? That is non-sense imo. I always top the meters and almost always win in pvp. I don't understand why hunters would complain about doing more damage though. Yes, in pvp it can mess up some one's day, but rejoice and get a hunter on your areana team and possibly you will win something.
    sorry ment to say MM in there some where... if htey would give us a heal that healed 60% of our life over 5 secs then i wouldent mind getting our damg knocked back down to shit. but every ohter class preaty much can self heal the shit outa themselves. hunters really have nothing. besides chim shot.. woah calm down 6k-7k heal every 10/9 secs...

Where are you getting this information, straight from your butt? The math I have seen shows Survival BARELY below Marks in terms of single target DPS. For fights with AoE, Survival actually pulls ahead. Next tier of raiding might be different, but as it stands now, Survival is viable and provides competitive DPS.
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/Raid_T11_372_406.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is proof, folks! On a non-movement boss fight without adds, a survival hunter is theoretically lower than MM.

Next step: Find that fight in current raiding-tier. I'll be over here raising a kid while you look.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by hyysteria View Post
    Hunters are fine right now. Were near the top (which we should be), but not too far over.
    The rotation is not hard to learn. Stop being bad and actually spend time at a test dummy.
    Test dummy dps as marksman is nowhere accurate compared to real fights besides argaloth.