Thread: Kitty Expertise

Kitty Expertise

I'm just so sick of missing...
    It seems a lot worse post patch than pre.

What do you reckon you maths-number-crunching-theoretician-extraordinaire?
    Shall I reforge some to expertise? Or must we keep pretend that this flaw is part of kitty cats game play?

ps. otherwise pewpew is fine. Totally owned BH feeding on rogue and mage tears.

Deleted
    I have 18 for pve and that seems to be just fine.

I have 0 expertise. It does get really annoying when you get into a miss and dodge streak, but other than that its not really that important

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    I have 0 expertise. It does get really annoying when you get into a miss and dodge streak, but other than that its not really that important
    same, can be annoying when u have TF up and miss/dodge rip/rake. but doesnt bother me too much. i'd rather have the mastery and do +bleed dmg than reforge into exp/hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabotender81 View Post
    I have 18 for pve and that seems to be just fine.
    I have 9.. and I don't feel like I need more.

As for PvE dps, I wouldn't say it's "fine".. more like below average. Beating rogues and mages isn't something to brag about, as they too could use some buffs along with ferals.

I do NOT like it.
    Just did a heroic to make sure it wasn't a fluke and no... I miss / get dodged like never before.
    I adhere to the idea mastery rules but it's so detrimental to the game play ... I think I'll sin and convert some haste to expertise.
    Just can't stand this #@!! any longer. Makes me miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I have 9.. and I don't feel like I need more.
    As for PvE dps, I wouldn't say it's "fine".. more like below average. Beating rogues and mages isn't something to brag about, as they too could use some buffs along with ferals.
    It was tongue in cheek. But since you are unimpressed, fyi hunter, lock, dk, shaman too for what it matters...

10+ Year Old Account
    I run 0, and have no problems.
    God is a comedian playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh. ~ Voltaire

So, utopianh ... Never bothered seeing TF running out and rake missing missing missing missing ... ?
    Hmm ..

Quote Originally Posted by Tareum View Post
    So, utopianh ... Never bothered seeing TF running out and rake missing missing missing missing ... ?
    Hmm ..
    I know this is just semantics, but expertise will not prevent misses. Hit prevents misses. Expertise prevents dodge / parry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tareum View Post
    Hmm ..
    The rare occurance doesn't have enough effect on my overall dps for me to care. Small % chances of effecting one rake's uptime matters very little (and less RNG effect than OOC not proccing for a long period of time) - in fact the change increased my average dps significantly just due to the fact that I can drop FB out of my rotation above 25%, and there's less dependance on OOC procs for maintaining full uptime on my buffs. Running 0 expertise (and 5% hit, with not because I want hit, just because gear is littered with it), means I'm only missing 9.5% of the time, which means that the occurance of missing more than 3 rakes in a row (which is still well within the TF window), has roughly a .01% chance of occuring
    God is a comedian playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh. ~ Voltaire

exp/hit are JUST below crit/haste now. You lose like .1 dps per point tops. Cap it if you feel like it.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

If you're uncomfortable with the amount of miss/dodge you're experiencing then reforge some out of crit or haste on pieces that come with mastery on them, but I still wouldn't go above 5% hit and 10 expertise unless you're assigned to interrupt on Maloriak or Nefarian.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

i heard onyxia deep breathes more too

I am not asking why ppl aren't capping hit and exp. Or what their values are.
    Nor am I wondering what stats I'd sacrifice were I to reforge.

I am saying I miss a lot more post patch than pre patch.
    I tested my cat all day until 6am to be certain I'm not imagining it.

The amount of misses are so out of character it's a serious issue now for me.
    It wasn't before.

So I wondered. Has anyone encountered the same problem - and if so, what would their course of action be.
    Cheers

It's in your head. Or you just have bad luck with RNG :\

Deleted
    I started to reforge haste and crit to hit and expertiese quite a while ago. my main priority in reforgeing is still mastery tough so if an item does not have mastery on it this is my main goal. The difference in relative value given by mew and the formulas used in rawr are so small, that the difference is maybe 200-300 dps tops in my case.
    The reason for this is mainly bad rng in my case...tf, rip miss, rip miss, rip apply, rake miss, rake miss, me pissed off. I found that for me, a total maximum value of miss & dodge combined should be in the are of 3-4% to work without me having a bad mood after an evening of raiding

all Gemming and enchanting is still focused on agility though.