Why did the aspects give up their power?

Why?

Was it the lazy approach that.. oh we don't need it anymore???

There will ALWAYS be threats... they were given the power to watch over Azeroth... so why give it up? To become dumb mortals?

Deleted
    To power up the Dragon Soul and stop Deathwing.

It was the only way to kill Deathwing.

10+ Year Old Account
    To protect Azeroth from the guano-crazy giant hell-bent dragon o3o

thankyou for the signature Zarina

Because otherwise, they'd have died. They were going to lose their power one way or another and they chose the option that at least let them continue living.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It was their destiny - the end.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

They still have some power, they are just mortal now.

I thought it was pretty clear during Cataclysm. It's not like Blizzard left out something that important.

To save the world...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because writing interesting, plausible stories about the demi-divine guardians of the world takes a good deal of talent and imagination. But writing about colored magic dragons can be done by any cheap hack.

Yea they had to give up there power, to stop ol iron jaw,side question can they still turn into dragons?

10+ Year Old Account
    The dragonsoul worked as a device that absorbed the dragon aspects power into it. It was said so years ago in well of eternity saga, where deathwing fashioned it and asked the aspects to give a portion of there power, and it wasn't until a thousend years later when rhonin cut over the dragon soul that there powers were returned.
    So, the only means to destroying deathwing was to focus all there power into a single shot cast from the dragonsoul, which obviously wiped out there powers.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Blarglord69 View Post
    Yea they had to give up there power, to stop ol iron jaw,side question can they still turn into dragons?
    They are dragons, of course they can. But they cannot use their old powers (create life, change the course of time, create magic, make the earth do their bidding or control the emerald dream). They are also no longer immortal, although dragons do traditionally live much longer than any other creatures, and it isn't like they are physically powerless either.

they had to end deathwing, also apparently they felt it was time for mortals to step up to bat and they couldn't/wouldn't do that with immortal dragon (demi)gods hanging around so they forced the issue.

why its all on mortal shoulders in an existence with immortal world guardians is beyond me, but damnit that's the storyline.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    Why?

Was it the lazy approach that.. oh we don't need it anymore???

There will ALWAYS be threats... they were given the power to watch over Azeroth... so why give it up? To become dumb mortals?
    You need to read more about lore. You have Neltharion who created the Deom Soul aka Dragon Soul which he powered it up with powers of the aspect to defeat the Burning Legion. This time again we went back in time to get the D- soul again to be empowered by the power of the aspect . And the hiting blow was fired by Thrall him self.
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch