Thread: VW taunt nerf ?

VW taunt nerf ?

not using the VW myself but noticed somthing on today's patch that says ALL raid bosses are now immune to suffering .

couldn't help wondering are we talikng about cata raid bosses or do that list also contains old content raid bosses ? if so , it's a huge hit to who ever use VW to tank for him in soloing old content ...

can someone who actually use VW to do this can shade some light on iy please?

Might be to prevent another situation like Iron Council in Ulduar where I believe they tanked Steelbreaker with a voidy.

Deleted
    I never tried this myself so i am not 100% sure if this works , but you could use the void in for example the neferain fight against onyx.
    He don't hit that hard + you can move your pet easy witht he new move to button. ( to move when he does that thunder ability).
    This in combination with a few demo talents like improves health funnel, to reduce damage taken by 30%, demonic empowerment for more treath and stamina and the void glype to increase stam with another 20%. its realy a nice waye to have a main tank free to pick up the adds.
    I also see voids on the first US hc kill on nef by blood legion, its just theoretical as mentioned befor since i never tried it myself but i could explain the nerve.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back in WOTLK my guild used a VW to tank Sarth 3d 25man when it was current content.

The hotfix was probably introduced to stop raids having voidwalkers eat the double attacks on Chimaeron heroic.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think this is complete bullshit if I am honest. I think any guild/player that was clever enough to use Voidwalker on fights deserves to have the kills, this is one time where I feel the term ' Clever use of Game Mechanics ' strongly applies.

Personally it's pissed me right off since my guild used it for both Chimaeron and Maloriaks (Fire breath in red phase). I think this change is stupid and is in no way needed.

Well the voidwalker hotfix means that a large portion of tank damage in P1 isn't negated. If blizzard didn't intend for the fight to be done like that, it's not really clever use of game mechanics.
    Maloriak - my guild used the GS + AD tactic as well but it should be easy enough without. GS was op and made that entire phase faceroll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocet View Post
    The hotfix was probably introduced to stop raids having voidwalkers eat the double attacks on Chimaeron heroic.
    This. Also, Flame Breath on Heroic Maloriak to ease healing.

R.I.P. YARG

Does this mean that, even on bosses in BT and other old content, we will be forced to use the Felguard?

15+ Year Old Account
    No, he still has Torment. He just can't taunt if you pull aggro.
    But isn't that what Soulshatter + Demon Soul is for?

R.I.P. YARG