Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I can't even count how many time I've had this dream. It's never exactly the same, but the ending is always the same.

I'm dreaming that I'm doing something alone, with friends or whatever, then suddenly this big ass meteor hits and kills everyone, and I'm screaming as I'm melting away by the heat, or I'm thrown away splattering against objects when the shockwave hits.

And once I had a dream I can't even remember, but when I woke up I couldn't move at all, and all I could feel was an enormous fear going through my whole body. All I was thinking was that I wanted to die and then I fell asleep again. Feels kinda wierd thinking about it, because I don't want to die at all. Very awkward.

Deleted
    Worst nightmare, ey?

I'm standing in some urban-looking area with a concrete bridge above me, nobody is passing by, I'm not moving and there's nothing there beyond buildings, a road, and that bridge. The scary part? I don't know. However, every time I wake up from it, my heart skips a beat and that scares me.

I had a really bad headache and I was walking through this weird hallway that was dark (the only light was shining above my head). And suddenly this voice boomed, "THERE IS DARKNESS IN YOUR SOUL."

creeped me out.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

i pood mega hard

Deleted
    I've had this nightmare that i remember since i was like six, were i was at my uncles farm and he was using his combine and somehow he fell in front of it and got cut to pieces and as i get closer the pieces start moving and puts him back together and starts walking towards me and that scared the crap outa me.

My recurring worst nightmares arent visual as such, more of a feeling.

I feel like my hands, fingers, face, legs are all swelling up like balloons, like the elephant man. crushing my insides and restricting my breathing until i wake up gasping. Its a claustrophobic feeling, hard to describe precisely but i find it terifying.

Had this a few times now, only had the dream once as a kid but the last couple of years i get it more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by lolnoobdead View Post
    Somebody better give me a scientific explanation of what this good sir has just described. I've experienced that shit so often, I've lost count. Hasn't been happening for a while now, but used to ALL the time about 2 years ago. It's like you're very tired, about to go to sleep, but the all of a fucking sudden, you feel like someone punched you in the face. Only, you don't feel the punch, but you still get that shock. It happens just before you're about to go to sleep, only to wake you up and leaving you to wonder what the fuck just happened.
    To lazy to go through the 5 pages of replies to see if this has been covered already or not. But iirc those "twitches" that pull you back awake when you are on the cusp of falling asleep are called "Synaptic jerks". I usually get them when I dream about falling, then my leg flies up and I wake up xD

OT: One of my first major nightmares was when I was probably around 8 and I dreamed that my sister got run over by a trike. She didn't die from said accident, in fact she was perfectly fine aside from the fact that whenever she spoke, her mouth would move, then the words would come ~5 seconds later :x
    Last edited by Brumsta; 2011-02-14 at 10:54 PM.

Deleted
    I often have ones where I am runnin or falling and then when I wake up it feels like I have just hit the ground

From when i was 11 i started getting into horror movies, that was the age where i saw 'Freddy vs Jason' and thought it was badass. I collected and still have all the childs play movies, all 10-11 friday the 13ths, all of nightmare on elm street and Halloweens plus Evil Dead 1,2,3 (80's were truly the marvel and peak of horror movies lol...) And even though they never really scared me i just LOVED them, watching them over and over again. From 11-14 i had nightmares almost every night. nothing really bad just, well i guess you could say small nightmares or dreams on the topic of anything with serial killers in them.

But OT... ive had ALOT but the ones i distictnly remember was when i first saw resident evil 1 (the movie) that beast zombie thing with the long togue, i was running up the stairs from this basement where two of them were down there in the dark. i shine a torch and both of them were chowing down on these corpses with blood spray and bits covering the walls. once i shined the light on them they both look up and growl at me, i freak out and try to run up the stairs but they pull me back. From this point i can see myself being dismembered, one held me down and the other drove its claws into my ribcage and pulled my torso open like you would rip a piece of plastic or something. it then gorged itself on my insides and i could see my heart crunch in its mouth.

As for creepy... there was this one distinct nightmare where i woke up in this house, and everythings white or light cream colour, sort of like a warm aura around you. as i wander through the house i find these journals or something depicting a werewolf like creature that used to be spotted around the area. i continue wandering through the house and find this locked door, i get real curious as to whats inside because i cant open it. i kept hearing this sort of like scratching on the other side of it, kind of like a dog or cat would. the nightmare then skips to me picking the lock, and as i get inside the door theres all these claw and scratch marks on the walls and ceiling, then (probably from having a fear of those old silent hill games) the whole house switches from white to dark and the wall paper peels off, then sort of like in paranormal activity i can hear these really heavy scary f**king footsteps stomp toward me from behind and i get a feeling like i just got shoved in the back, then i woke up.

also, recently, ive been having alot of dreams where im fighting in an mma arena and can see myself wailing on some guy with my fists or just last night i had a dream i smashed this guy over the head with a beer bottle because he tried to rob me. stuff like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a nightmare that Ret Paladins would be viable for pve, almost wet the bed.

Deleted
    I had a nightmare last night,
    its weird, I were on a big Boat and then i went down the hallway and BOOM All the doors slams up and out walks loads of ugly moms that wanted to have sex with me.

Deleted
    It was back when I was a kid and lived with my father in an apartment at the top of six floor tall building in a - very - small city. There were no room to go up or down the stairs beside another person, so always when somebody else had to walk pass you you'd end up going back and letting them pass. We also had a dark, cold cellar with some storage rooms and places to lock your bikes.

I don't dream this dream anymore, but it kept haunting me for atleast six years as a child and I am glad it's over with.

Me and my father would come home from something to the building our apartment was located in. It's never anybody around, it's just silent and the weather is very foggy. Once we open the entrance door I would always look up at our door (it was easily spotted from the bottom floor if you looked up the middle of the staircase) and see that our apartment door was open. I suddenly feel a will to sprint upstairs as fast as possible. On my way up I feel a strong wind passing by my side, as if something was escaping the building. Once I get inside our apartment, all the lights are turned on and I hear the TV is on, tho all I hear is its noise. We had a relatively long corridor to our living room, and the last thing I remember is just seeing the TV and it's noise in the living room, and waking up.

I don't know if I want to believe that this dream means something, nor do I want to find out.

I don't visit that building anymore. It's been a good ten years since I've lived there and it still stands there, mocking me to visit it again.
    Last edited by mmoc79be39102d; 2011-02-14 at 11:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is not really a dream but sometimes when i start to wake up i am 100% paralyzed for like 30 seconds no matter how much i struggle to move i cant this only happens like once a month but its pretty scary

A zombie was eating my arm... I woke up screaming. Apparently I had my arm stretched outside my bed at a weird angle and blood wasn't coming at it so... Yeah I hate zombies.

Deleted
    a 2 part nightmare that continued the night after again... with some headless oven ready chicken running after me lol. Else i had some nightmare with something looking like a neuclear blast, i woke up when shockwave hit me.

10+ Year Old Account
    6 Years old. A pirate cut off my head. That was the worst nightmare i've ever had. I really hope i dont have a nightmare about some of the creatures from Dead Space. Those are just disturbing to me.

Deleted
    A scary baby laughing in old TV. Trust me, it was scary as hell.

I have a reoccurring nightmare. I walk into a room(sometimes it's a hallway) with a black and white tile floor and there are people wearing black outfits that cover their entire bodies all lined up along the walls. In the middle of all of them is a man sitting in a chair with a skintight bag or mask on his head and he's just screaming. Then, he starts sinking into the floor. I rush forward and start trying to pull him out, the entire time yelling at the other people to help me. I'm about elbow deep in the floor when whatever is sucking him down releases and flings the two of us back. I stand up and turn around and the man is just standing there laughing. He pulls a needle out and starts to stab himself in his arm and I run forward to try and stop him. He throws me down and starts trying to stab me in the stomach with the needle. I try my hardest to fight him off but eventually he gets past and stabs me in the stomach at which time I wake up...and I can still feel the needle going in.

I don't get/remember nightmares...neither do i wake up from any dreams..even after watching a horror movie only thing that may wake me up is the falling dream

Whatever the dream was where I ended up forcing myself awake and my eyes open with my hands. Not the best states to realise how you've awoken to, eyes physically being held open by your own hands.
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life