Thread: 4 set PvP bonus

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4 set PvP bonus

ATM our 4 set bonus is Increases the regeneration of your Focus by 5% wich is cool ofc but looking at wariors 4 set bonus being Disarm duration reduced by 60% and given to them cus they mostly played arms in pvp so did not have "proper" enchant on wep.

Makes me wonder why warriors can now have "proper" enchant while we need to loose 130 agi if we wont to reduce disarm duration. Plus most of the warriors are now playing furry so they have 2 benefital encthants while other DW classes like shammy or rogue need to put wep chain on OH.

Deleted
    Because blizzard likes warriors

Because it was a part of a warrior pvp mechanic for a long time

15+ Year Old Account
    What is more disturbing is that 2set T6 is better then 4set S9.

I havn't crunched the numbers but last time i checked in wrath hunters would always do 2 1-handers to get easy access to weapon chain while still having a mainhand AGI enchant, warriors do not have that option.

Regardless, blizzard redid a lot of the 4pc pvp bonus's, healing priests received a very nice buff which actually makes the 4pc more attractive than the extra 400 resil even if they wern't doing away with it.. In the end the hunter 4pc may not be quite as good as disc priest/warrior but in comparison of other classes its certainly decent and if changes were needed caster shaman/shadow priest would be at the front of the line.

Actually... if you took the time to hit up the pvp forums.. "most" warriors are not Fury in PVP. It is easily nullified at mid-level 1800-2k most arenas and will not be effective. Secondly, I do remember a little thing such as a Gnomish X-ray scope which provides hunters with relatively close to the same bonus of which that is a warriors "BIS" enchant , Landslide = 1000 AP which on most servers is probably somewhere in the range of 14k+ in mats to get. Gnomish X-ray scope = 800AP is like 50g on any AH. Sorry warriors couldn't sacrifice their only weapon enchant slot to appease a hunter whom remains with his on his main weapon and would prefer that he not have to use his stat stick or one of them to provide himself with disarm duration reduction.... Warrior loses 1k AP as opposed to a hunter losing 130agi..
    Last edited by TheMythWeava; 2011-02-15 at 11:16 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hunter's can't use two one-handers anymore? I mean seriously If I could put weapon chain on my ranged weapon (which I don't use at all - > see what I did there) I would. I am really sorry, but arms warriors were really gimped by this limitation.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Westify View Post
    I havn't crunched the numbers but last time i checked in wrath hunters would always do 2 1-handers to get easy access to weapon chain while still having a mainhand AGI enchant, warriors do not have that option.

Regardless, blizzard redid a lot of the 4pc pvp bonus's, healing priests received a very nice buff which actually makes the 4pc more attractive than the extra 400 resil even if they wern't doing away with it.. In the end the hunter 4pc may not be quite as good as disc priest/warrior but in comparison of other classes its certainly decent and if changes were needed caster shaman/shadow priest would be at the front of the line.
    I've never seen any decent pvp hunter with duals all WotLK long

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauber View Post
    I've never seen any decent pvp hunter with duals all WotLK long
    You probably never looked.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare wants to have a word with ya. "Decent" was a key word in case you missed it

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice link m8

You didn't expect I won't fill in someting for you, did you? Use it yourself with either wotlk or cata 2H & duals

15+ Year Old Account
    You didn't expect I'll fill in someting for you, did you? Use it yourself with either wotlk or cata 2H & duals
    Nah I am pretty sure you just don't know how to create link.

(just fyi the fact you could deterrence when disarmed by SP/Warrior outweighted the stat loss)

You can't deterrence when disarmed...
    While you can be sure about everything you ever fancy, I still advise you to give it a try and compare some weapons with chants

15+ Year Old Account
    You can't deterrence when disarmed...
    That was the sole point of using 2x 1handers as it allowed you to deterrence when disarmed by SP and Warrior, thanks for further proving your ignorance on subject you have little to no experience at.

Too bad no one cared about it so much

15+ Year Old Account
    Just top hunters really.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am sorry, am I missing something here?
    Hunter:
    using 2Hander w/o chains (10sec disarm duration, but has 120AGI!!!!) - > stupid
    using 2Hander with chains (5sec duration, without 120AGI)
    using 2x 1Hander one with chain and one with some passive stat (I assume), Imo beats both of the aforementioned options, unless you went melee.

If you wanna PvP you have to sacrifice some PvE stats, simple as that.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

15+ Year Old Account
    Well obviously that's for Cataclysm with no new 1h enchants as the stat loss is too great resulting in 2h with disarm chain bein the best alternative.

Anyone who saying blizzard loves warriors (especially in pvp) right now, obviously doesn't play one.