Thread: Gearing Choices

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Gearing Choices

Currently, I have enough valor badges to get the T11 legs, if what I read in another thread about gearing is true, using the T11 legs and switching my T11 gloves for PvP gloves would be a dps increase right? I'm just not 100% sure. I am planning on going for 4PT11 by using the T11 helm once I can but for now, I'm just curious if this is right.
    Also, I read that trinket thread and it puts Heart of Rage and License to Slay above DMC:H so should I use those 2 instead?
    armory link is in my sig :x

Are you planning to raid or PvP?

If raiding, don't get PvP gear for raids. Resilience does absolutely nothing for you in a PvE environment, and you're better off using dungeon or VP gear. If you're doing PvP, the gear from Conquest vendors would be better than the tier pieces for your arenas/battlegrounds.

If you're looking to fully optimize your gear, don't mix PvP and PvE gear. You're hampering yourself either way. Nothing screams "I'M ARTIFICIALLY BUMPING MY GEARSCORE!" like wearing battleground gear to a raid, and vice versa.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fride View Post
    Currently, I have enough valor badges to get the T11 legs, if what I read in another thread about gearing is true, using the T11 legs and switching my T11 gloves for PvP gloves would be a dps increase right? I'm just not 100% sure. I am planning on going for 4PT11 by using the T11 helm once I can but for now, I'm just curious if this is right.
    Also, I read that trinket thread and it puts Heart of Rage and License to Slay above DMC:H so should I use those 2 instead?
    armory link is in my sig :x
    2PC Vicious while waiting for additional T11 is actually better then Heroic and 359 offset pieces by a pretty far margin. Make sure you have Gloves as one of the Pieces and I went with Helm as the other since we can buy the Chest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by BMEgal View Post

If raiding, don't get PvP gear for raids. Resilience does absolutely nothing for you in a PvE environment, and you're better off using dungeon or VP gear. If you're doing PvP, the gear from Conquest vendors would be better than the tier pieces for your arenas/battlegrounds.

If you're looking to fully optimize your gear, don't mix PvP and PvE gear. You're hampering yourself either way. Nothing screams "I'M ARTIFICIALLY BUMPING MY GEARSCORE!" like wearing battleground gear to a raid, and vice versa.
    The gloves have 10% increased CS damage which makes them a dps increase over the t11 gloves. So there is nothing wrong with wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by BMEgal View Post

This is not someone you want to heed because they clearly have not done any reading or homework whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    The gloves have 10% increased CS damage which makes them a dps increase over the t11 gloves. So there is nothing wrong with wearing them.
    CS damage increase is 5%, not 10%.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Deleted
    who said that pvp set is bad for pve? its not, in fact its close or even better than t11...