Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Where are the SMF Warriors at?!

I haven't seen any SMF Warriors at all aside from the two in my guild! (One of them being me) Is it because you already have duel landslide weapons so you want to save the gold or just don't like it?
    Even though I know SMF is ahead right now, the fact I don't see any SMF warriors on WoL gives me the impression no one really uses it. Which makes sense from the I already have two Ash'Kandis and don't want to waste more gold on landslide, but what about people who can easily get landslide?

Deleted
    Actually no warrior runs after every "trend".

Because you don't know what will change next.

Since Cata you invested a lot of time to gear up, pre the massive HS nerf, high hit was a good thing to do with HS spam. After the Patch your high Hit Trinket becomes useless and you have to reforce a lot of stuff because 8% hit with the 3% from Fury are very easy to gain.

You removed hit with Reforging and new gemming and other entchants, but you was able to stay at Your realy expensive 2 Handers with entchants. A Week later you have to change from TG to SMF.

But you cant change until you have new epic weapons with entchants. This need Time and maybe there will be a new "hotnerf" tomorrow and you have to change everything again.

At the moment you wait. With TG your DPS isn't so bad, SMF with equivalant weapons would be better, but who cares?

15+ Year Old Account
    not every warrior had 2 359 str 1h weapons available when he already had 2 359 2h weapons. and 346 SMF is still worse than 359 TG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't mean it like that, just wondering if anyone else went SMF atm, but I get what you mean, i'd hate for SMF to get nerfed a couple % and me having to go back TG, after spending 25k+ for SMF

---------- Post added 2011-02-14 at 04:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    not every warrior had 2 359 str 1h weapons available when he already had 2 359 2h weapons. and 346 SMF is still worse than 359 TG.
    Again I'm talking to warriors readily available to switch, if they have.

Quote Originally Posted by ohaimikey View Post
    I haven't seen any SMF Warriors at all aside from the two in my guild! (One of them being me) Is it because you already have duel landslide weapons so you want to save the gold or just don't like it?
    Even though I know SMF is ahead right now, the fact I don't see any SMF warriors on WoL gives me the impression no one really uses it. Which makes sense from the I already have two Ash'Kandis and don't want to waste more gold on landslide, but what about people who can easily get landslide?
    WoL doesn't split between TG and SMF warriors as far as I'm aware, so unless you are going through every single fury section, through their parses and check damage break downs, you aren't going to know from looking at it.

Personally, I was rocking double Shlaug'Dooms with 2x Landslide and swapped last night to 2 1handers and 2x Landslide on those. Just makes sense given I get my BiS weapons from Magmaw HM rather than Nef and still do more DPS even if they were at an equal level.

Deleted
    Where are the SMF warriors at?

They are at the Waterworks. Capping your flag while standing with a foot on your mates' bodies.

Deleted
    <- Here's one of the SMF warriors : D I'm just glad TG is more popular than SMF, only have to share teh weps with Frost DKs :> (oh, and the OH trash claw from BoT with Enhancers)

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno I never was into TG which is why I never raided with my warrior before cata... now with SMF I can finally say I'm happy with my warr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosham View Post
    WoL doesn't split between TG and SMF warriors as far as I'm aware, so unless you are going through every single fury section, through their parses and check damage break downs, you aren't going to know from looking at it.
    Yeah lol, I checked the armories of a bunch of warriors and the majority have Shalug'doom and Ash'kandi, or a mixture of them. (359)

---------- Post added 2011-02-14 at 04:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I dunno I never was into TG which is why I never raided with my warrior before cata... now with SMF I can finally say I'm happy with my warr
    Yeah I raided as arms in the beginning of Cata, but went Fury when I switched guilds, and I never really liked it, I like SMF because it's pretty cool, less clunky imo. Plus duel wielding fist weapons gives your character a different melee animation ( he flips backwards or forwards for specials I think)

been smf since before the patch... why fight with the DK and ret crybabies over the weapons when no-one but SMF warriors use 1h str weps... i kn0ow frost kinda wants them but frost is down there with arms right now

I tried both, SMF dps is good, but my gear (offspec) as Fury is FAR from a perfect optimization, so I cant say, really.

Fun feeling though.

Quote Originally Posted by ohaimikey View Post
    Yeah lol, I checked the armories of a bunch of warriors and the majority have Shalug'doom and Ash'kandi, or a mixture of them. (359)
    Also a lot of those top logs will have been from when the 4.0.6 hit, but before the nerf when 2handers could rock the boat with massive numbers, and also generally everyone would have read forums, seen that EJ said TG was slightly higher and all just jumped on that bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosham View Post
    Also a lot of those top logs will have been from when the 4.0.6 hit, but before the nerf when 2handers could rock the boat with massive numbers, and also generally everyone would have read forums, seen that EJ said TG was slightly higher and all just jumped on that bandwagon.
    Before the RB nerf, TG had SMF beat by about ~1%. This was relatively fair and really ~1% damage difference can be made up with RNG alone. However, the nerf to RB brought down TG dps by about ~3.3%, which means SMF is now in the lead by ~2.3%. That's roughly ~500dps for most warriors in a raid situation, not counting encounters like magmaw and halfus where damage is augmented.

im a SMF warrior my gear is bad and i manage to do 11-17k in heroics depending on fight one of the only reason why i leveled a warrior is because of duelwielding 1 handers like a rogue and being able to take hits and im loving it nothing like out dpsing full 346+ geared people of any class

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy Korrag Shozock View Post
    im a SMF warrior my gear is bad and i manage to do 11-17k in heroics depending on fight one of the only reason why i leveled a warrior is because of duelwielding 1 handers like a rogue and being able to take hits and im loving it nothing like out dpsing full 346+ geared people of any class
    Punctuation is your friend, please use it lol...

On topic, enjoy it while you can. Not to be a downer but later content (raiding) we're slightly outclassed by several classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrantangel View Post
    Punctuation is your friend, please use it lol...

On topic, enjoy it while you can. Not to be a downer but later content (raiding) we're slightly outclassed by several classes.
    haha sorry im on my ipod, but yeah i agree we are outclassed. But what are your average numbers in raids just out of curiosity, do you have any WoL links or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy Korrag Shozock View Post
    haha sorry im on my ipod, but yeah i agree we are outclassed. But what are your average numbers in raids just out of curiosity, do you have any WoL links or anything?
    I don't have reliable logs since the patch for 25m, but I can give you a link for the week before.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mm...?s=1246&e=1598

Add 2-3k more dps to those fights pre 4.0.6 and you got a good idea of what I would of put out those attempts with changes. You can check out the fights post patch, but it was a fairly ugly week, and I think on half of the fights I died early...so you won't get very accurate data from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrantangel View Post
    I don't have reliable logs since the patch for 25m, but I can give you a link for the week before.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mm...?s=1246&e=1598

Add 2-3k more dps to those fights pre 4.0.6 and you got a good idea of what I would of put out those attempts with changes. You can check out the fights post patch, but it was a fairly ugly week, and I think on half of the fights I died early...so you won't get very accurate data from that.
    alright thanks,

Deleted
    Generally speaking I am glad that more people seem to care what is the most optimal way to play nowadays.

Nonetheless,at this point,in full heroic gear SMF is barely 600dps higher to TG and proly in lower gear levels
    even less than that.
    Until I get at least one heroic Lava Spine I do not see a reason to re-enchant weapons I do not
    even have currently for less than 200dps increase.

In addition, with the prices of maelstrom shards around,many many warriors,possibly even some from big
    guilds (by that I mean something with like 10/13 hc by now) mightl hesitate to spend more
    gold than they can afford just to say they are maxing out to the extreme.
    2 expansions ago I'd gladly do it.With the inflation of prices in my server's AH as well as the trent of
    buffing/nerfing specs without some obvious reason from blizz,I'd 1st wait a week or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Systema Sephirothicum View Post
    Generally speaking I am glad that more people seem to care what is the most optimal way to play nowadays.

Nonetheless,at this point,in full heroic gear SMF is barely 600dps higher to TG and proly in lower gear levels
    even less than that.
    Until I get at least one heroic Lava Spine I do not see a reason to re-enchant weapons I do not
    even have currently for less than 200dps increase.

In addition, with the prices of maelstrom shards around,many many warriors,possibly even some from big
    guilds (by that I mean something with like 10/13 hc by now) mightl hesitate to spend more
    gold than they can afford just to say they are maxing out to the extreme.
    2 expansions ago I'd gladly do it.With the inflation of prices in my server's AH as well as the trent of
    buffing/nerfing specs without some obvious reason from blizz,I'd 1st wait a week or 2.
    I can understand being cautious on putting mats towards it, my guild gives free enchants so once there's enough mats in the bank I can get the landslides, it's just obtaining the weapons. As for the dps increase, it's about 600 at top tier damage, and remember that includes ashkandis. My theory is if you don't have two or even one, the gap widens with SMF further in the lead because TG lives off of that high weapon damage. Considering the sims are done with the BiS weapons, they would have these already included. SMF doesn't have a weapon like that steadily available...so it's safe to assume the simcraft was done with two H lava spines.

Also those sims aren't done with bloodlust, flask, pots, etc...so the percentage (and damage) that smf is ahead will widen slightly from that as well. It's not completely out of the ballpark that someone using the maces and/or axes could gain 800-1000 dps from switching to smf. Again, this is theory crafting but it seems to add up.