Deleted

Tanking Karsh...

I'm starting to feel somewhat confident in my tanking with my DK.

Got some problems with Karsh though...

Wiped three times last nite, last round was down to funny 1%.

What am i missing?

Once you pull him, he got the debuff that makes him immune to 99% of dmg. So i start by pulling him from the other side of the inner circle to force him to move at me thru it. Making him lose that debuff.

So now we dps a while. Then i think my mistake was letting him drop one debuff... should i get him to middle before it drops? Now i drag him to middle when he got the "99% dmg reduction" debuff. Is that too late?

The adds that appear... do they appear when u let him drop the debuff?

And are the adds creating the lava pools?

What else is there to think about? (should i agro adds, when/if they appear)

Thanks in advance for good answers!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should always make sure that Karsh has the debuff on himself.
    But, when you drag him thru the fire, DONT let him stand there to long, cus the AOE does more and more dmg the more stacks he has.

So if you're running with an undergeared healer, it might be easier to let him drop the debuff, and kill 1 add wave instead

Yes, Adds spawn when the debuff drop's off him.

Yes, Adds do create the lava pools when they die.

If adds spawn they aint doing much harm, but taunting them off the healer isnt dumb at all

To sum it up; make sure he dont looses the debuff, if he aint doing that, no adds will spawn!

Hope this helps you, and GL next time
    Last edited by Kloa; 2011-02-16 at 09:14 AM.

Deleted
    Also, try to dip him in the edge of lava, instead of running him through the middle. When done right, he will get 1-2 stacks at time while in middle you can get up to 4-5 stacks. More stacks = more damage the boss deals = you have to drop the stacks = adds spawn = lava pools everywhere = mess. When done right, the boss will die before he hits 10 stacks for first time and no adds will spawn at all. Start moving towards lava when he has around 8 seconds left on the buff and dip him around 3-4 second mark.

Deleted
    Aggro him, run through circle, fight, when there's about 2 seconds left on debuff, run straight through the ring again. Repeat until dead. It's an extremely easy boss for the tank since all you have to worry about is the debuff timer. It can be pretty demanding on the healer if the dps isn't good though, the aoe damage as the boss runs through the fire becomes very high at a high debuff stack.

The trick to remember here is that you need to run him through the fire to refresh the cooldown on his debuff that increases the damage he takes. The biggest mistake I see tanks make on this fight is they simply do not run far enough through the fire so that Karsh clears the beam in the center, causing an extra 2-5 ticks before the tank can correct Karsh's placement.

Wait to pull him when he is across the lava flow from you, and pull him at an angle so he only runs through the edge. Hit him a few times them rotate yourself around him, keeping him in the same place, and line yourself up to run directly through the tip of the lava when the debuff gets to half way on its duration, making sure to drag him enough that he isn't still getting stacks (he should be 5 or 6 yards beyond the lava). Run through him, set it up again - rinse & repeat. If you hit 10 stacks, depending on your healer and how close he is to dying you might need to let adds spawn.

In general its best for dps to kite the adds towards the door and kill them to keep the lava out of the way - don't get any more debuffs on the boss and just sit tight until the adds are dead, and start the cycle again.

You shouldn't need to get more than 1 batch of adds, usually you shouldn't even need to get one especially if you have a resist aura/totem.

Deleted
    Thank you all, very impressive with so many helpful answers after a few minutes =)

I will make a new attempt this evening.

I hate being "afraid" of gettin "wrong" daily hc from dungeon tool. I wanna be confident in all of em.

Imagine a square that can just encompass the middle circle. Pull him along the edges of that square, stopping him at the corners of the square. This means he runs just through the edge of the fire circle. Do not backpedal - instead strafe or even turn and run, so you are sure he only gets 1-2 buffs. Start thinking about refreshing the stack when his debuff has half the time left, then you have about 8 seconds to apply it again. Use cooldowns when he has about 10 stacks

Healing through 3-4 ticks of the AOE is easier than letting the adds come. If the adds come, DONT tank them, the dps have to kill the adds away from you.

Deleted
    Just echoing what other people said.

Just run through the fire so he follows you but make sure to stay in line of sight of your healer to you don't get killed. You should be aiming for 2 stacks at a time to make sure there's not too much AoE damage if you're healer is a bit undergeared.

Just one more comment regarding strafing him through the fire:
    Make sure you pull him well clear OUT of the fire. I've seen too many wipes on this boss because the tank stops too short and Karsh is still touching the fire with a pixel of his tail, spamming aoe while the tank stands confused & the group wipes.
    Just strafe/kite him and stop by the outer circle, turn around & get ready to strafe run by the edge of the fire again (often see tanks wating untill there's 2-3 secs left of his debuff *before* they start turning --> he drops buff -> adds spawn).

If you have trouble monitoring the debuff get deadly boss mods. It creates a bar where you can see exactly how much time is left on the debuff. When there are around 5 seconds left you pull him into the fire so it refreshes and pull him out again immediately. Repeat till his death -> Loot. Good luck