Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Raging blow nerf 120% weapon damage -> 100%.

Raging Blow reduced from 120% to 100% weapon damage at max level.

How hard will this strike us exactly?

And yeah source;
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2065568025
    Last edited by mmoc11505fe368; 2011-02-12 at 01:41 AM. Reason: link

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    About 20% less hard?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

I fear this will not be enough for the insane burst fury has in pvp.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerhunter247 View Post
    I fear this will not be enough for the insane burst fury has in pvp.
    Shiv/ Tranq. Shot on enrage,
    Disarm on enrage,
    Cyclone spam (?),
    CoI spam.
    Once that passes, they are really easy to kill.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    After the nerf my 3K resil warlock will now survive 3.6 globals instead a mere 3 globals? This is good news, I will now have time to do an /flex emote (or something equally silly) before heading to the graveyard. Time to do a happy dance ...

I've personally had no feeling of doing to much dps in pve... Still behind our mut rogue and Lock.

Nerf uncalled for imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Biketobe View Post
    I've personally had no feeling of doing to much dps in pve... Still behind our mut rogue and Lock.

Nerf uncalled for imo.
    Agreed. Especially after nerf to HS.

They put waaaaay too much damage into one ability. The nerf to raging blow was necessary. The nerf to sustained damage wasn't. Compensation needs to occur most likely through bloodthirst.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biketobe View Post

Nerf uncalled for imo.
    Yeah, good idea, let's base patch notes on your performance rather than the average performance

They buffed it and nerfing it again damn blizz are idiots. Enjoy RB while it last guys.. we are going back to where we were on the dps charts.

My DPS only went up about 500 overall with the nerf/buff to warriors, the main fury in my guild went up about 700, the last one in our guild about the same (Im a tank normally, fury isnt normal for me)

Even still in the top 10 DPS for our guild, the 2 main warriors barely rank 8 if they are lucky.

I have to agree this nerf is a bit over the top.

Not a nerf, its a balance.

If your warriors didnt ended top 3 DPS, they were doing it quite wrong, sorry. Our damage was quite huge.

Deleted
    The purpose of this thread wasnt to say that the nerf was uncalled for or any general QQ about. I was on standby last raid and didnt even get the chance to try our buff out at all.

Just wanted to know if this will bring us straight down to where we were pre-patch or if we're still "buffed".

it will not kill our dps we won't top the meters but we won't be near the bottom either

Should be still buffed, but not really near what we were. Mastery buff is still there and RB is still on War Academy.

I'm surprised not to also see retribution paladins in that list of hotfix nerfs, pretty sure they are ranked as one of the highest melee DPS classes out there. (Think Simcraft ranks them as being able to do 1k more DPS than fury SMF in 372 BiS), but maybe they don't have quite the same burst as we do in PVP (since I don't PVP at all outside of TB once every so often).

I have no idea how it is going to affect the current crit/mastery builds, or whether its going to change to something else, but I can't really see where it would go given that HS is relatively low damage so a high hit build is unlikely to come back (and even then a high crit build was more DPS with HS hitting like it did). Not sure if Blizzard has factored in the weakening off our mastery in this hotfix at all, possibly worth bringing up in a constructive thread on the US forums (an EU player myself so can't) given their revision on Balance druids already.

Looks like SMF is probably going to push ahead with this change.
    Last edited by Rosham; 2011-02-12 at 03:48 AM.

Deleted
    I saw this nerf incoming, not as a hotfix though, what appears to be wrong is that Hunters, who are already much higher than Warriors, get a compensate for their aimed shot nerf, which might be incoming soon, but we as Warriors don't, even though we are not able to reach hunters. SimCraft proves.

Blizzard are morons, buffing, nerfing, buffing, too much burst, too few dmg. Shit goes on and on. How could they have not seen that RB did too much damage when 4.0.6 was on the PTR for ages. Couple of downies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosham View Post
    I'm surprised not to also see retribution paladins in that list of hotfix nerfs, pretty sure they are ranked as one of the highest melee DPS classes out there.
    Hahahaha.

Oh my god, you're serious aren't you? Ret is quite possibly the lowest melee DPS right now, their "buffs" brought their average DPS up 1000, to the point where they can finally be just slightly better than BM.

Oh man, you are funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is 200dmg less during a 1000 strike.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstarr View Post
    Shiv/ Tranq. Shot on enrage,
    Disarm on enrage,
    Cyclone spam (?),
    CoI spam.
    Once that passes, they are really easy to kill.
    Repentance warrior --> Berserker rage
    Stun warrior --> trinket
    Press X and wait 0.5 seconds for the warrior to finish you off. Warrur nned moar nerfs.
    Stormreaver.EU

10+ Year Old Account
    well this confirms what i said when 4.0 just came out...roll arms see pretty numbers...be happy