Graphics card help

I am currently running 2x 9500 GT in SLI i intend to replace them with a Single (for now) GTX 460 will this be a good upgrade and will my PSU i believe 450W handle it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-370-_-Product
    309 USD with the mail in rebate. That's a very nice price.

I have the card now, with a 500 watt now, you'll be fine

Need more PSU information in order to give you a definite answer. A crappy 450W is probably not gonna be enough, but if it's a decent brand then it will run fine.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Ty for help so far, il post more on PSu as soon as possible but would also like to know if this card would be overkill for wow if iv got Q9550 2.83Ghz and 8gb ram

Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    Need more PSU information in order to give you a definite answer. A crappy 450W is probably not gonna be enough, but if it's a decent brand then it will run fine.
    ^^^^^^^^ This

If you can link anything about your PSU (Brand, Wattage, Model), or even a picture of the Electrical Specs Sticker that's on the side of every PSU it would be a big help.

For wow just clock your cpu to 3.8GHz. That's easily doable. Higher than that and it gets a bit trickier.
    Did it for a mate the other day. Had to take vcore to 1.35 but that's still within Intel specs.
    Last edited by Chronius; 2011-02-16 at 08:08 PM.

And from a pretty much a computer novis how do i overclock my cpu?

Quote Originally Posted by druidizer View Post
    And from a pretty much a computer novis how do i overclock my cpu?
    From the bios, i recommend checking your motherboard manual or google it, usually lots of info to be found on your board, atleast if its a namebrand.
    It's mostly trial and error, your steadily turn up your FSB, this increases your cpu frequency along with your memory,it's advisable to turn down the cpu to memory ratio as we want to find the max stable cpu speed and not have the memory fail due to it being overclocked aswell.
    But you'll find plenty of info on this elsewhere, don't be afraid of clocking aslong as you keep your cpu at a decent temperature and you don't go to high on the voltage. Below 1.365V and your within Intel specs i believe.
    Personally i run a duocore at 4.2Ghz at 1.42v, was originally a 3Ghz

Ok found my PSU its a 550W CIT

Is there a model number for your PSU? CiT has a few 550W PSU's lol

I am currently running 2x 9500 GT in SLI i intend to replace them with a Single (for now) GTX 460 will this be a good upgrade and will my PSU i believe 450W handle it.
    I have a GTX 480 even tho its 1 card tech its 2 in SLI. a big problem i am having with wow is that it really isn't built to run SLI. some times its crapped out other times its takes 2 or 3 times to log in (gets stuck on load screen)

only thing iv been able to help with the problem was to add a lines in a txt file.

SET gxApi "d3d11"

since doing that i really haven't had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilnapkin View Post
    I have a GTX 480 even tho its 1 card tech its 2 in SLI. a big problem i am having with wow is that it really isn't built to run SLI. some times its crapped out other times its takes 2 or 3 times to log in (gets stuck on load screen)
    No, a GTX 480 is just that, a single GPU card in a single slot, there's nothing SLI about a single GTX 480, unless you had 2 of them in your system.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilnapkin View Post
    SET gxApi "d3d11"

since doing that i really haven't had a problem.
    That actually set your Direct X to use Direct X 11 over the standard Direct X 9.

Ok for my progress with overclocking i have increasied the frequency i think from 333x8.5=2.83Ghz to 335x8.5=2.85 as they said keep going up in small numbers but do i have to increase anything else aswell or just keep going like this until PC doesnt boot properly?

Ty for help so far, il post more on PSu as soon as possible but would also like to know if this card would be overkill for wow if iv got Q9550 2.83Ghz and 8gb ram
    No, the card is not overkill for WoW but your CPU is probably going to be a bottleneck. Overclocking it to around 3.5GHz should help your fps quite a bit along with the graphics card upgrade.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely