Enh shaman: vicious gladiator weapons an upgrade for pve?

Hello and thanks in advance for the constructive responses and those who take/have the time to sim.

So it's known that weapon upgrades out of raids for enhancement shamans are hard to come by, especially with the dice roll of finding Maimgor's Bite or the Claw of Torment (or is it Agony, I can't remember) under the corpse of some trash.

I am wondering if anyone has knowledge/simmed results of the vicious gladiator right ripper/left ripper being worthwhile upgrades in pve to the heroic blue/windslicer options most of us are probably using?

Thanks again for the feedback, cheers.

Weapon DPS>almost all. Cookie's Tenderizer may be the exception.

Deleted
    I use the left ripper and find it a excellent offhand weapon and wouldnt go back to one of the blues and hits like a truck had some 57k LL since the patch

Deleted
    In short yes. I found them to be a substantial upgrade over the windslicer blues and this was simmed to be correct aswell.

The one acception to this rule is cookies tenderizer which is actually (depending on gear) simming above maingor's bite, so definatly worth getting your hands on this one.

BIS pre raid assuming you can't buy the drops are:
    Main hand pvp weapon (choose either on looks or if your race benefits from a certain type)
    Cookies Tenderizer

Right on, thanks for the feedback guys. I need to get my hand on the tenderizer as well!

10+ Year Old Account
    My buddy, the top enhance shaman on US-Ghostlands, uses the vicious glad main hand (ripper or the like) an then a BoP 359 epic fist wep.

Deleted
    I use both pvp weapons and waiting for the 2200 weapon to become avail

I was using a mixture of the Epic PvP weapon and a blue 346 weapon until last night when I got lucky with 2 of the axes dropping off of Nefarion and nobody else wanting them!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix15 View Post
    I was using a mixture of the Epic PvP weapon and a blue 346 weapon until last night when I got lucky with 2 of the axes dropping off of Nefarion and nobody else wanting them!
    Nef dropped the axe two times? Did he drop his panties (+20 awesomeness) and the Onyxia non-combat-pet (randomly deepbreathes players of the opposite faction) too?

Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF View Post
    Weapon DPS>almost all. Cookie's Tenderizer may be the exception.
    Wrong, Weapons average damage > all.

But yes, the PvP weapons will be an upgrade for you if your current weapons have a lower average damage.
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Thafisker View Post
    Wrong, Weapons average damage > all.
    Thanks for repeating what I said?

Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF View Post
    Thanks for repeating what I said?
    Theres win in there...
    ShamLcawk(shaman/main)
    ShamLrock(warrior/main)
    ShamLshapes(druid)
    Shampoke(rogue)
    Shamatholic(priest)