Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Maloriak: Bout time

After enduring countless wipes because of being frozen with 9-12 aberrations on me I have to say: "WHY DID WE NOT THINK OF THIS HOTFIX SOONER?". I'm a fan of challenging encounters but RNG should never decide the outcome of a boss fight. Even with a bubble/cancel aura macro that half of a second with 9 aberrations or more was enough to severely push my face in. Kudos for fixing the problem, two thumbs down for not realizing this during conception of the ability.

Maloriak** need moar coffee.

Deleted
    I feel yah bro!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltope24 View Post
    Maloriak** need moar coffee.
    Fixed for ya, and yeah! good change.

Deleted
    It wasn't a problem at all for us, I never died from being frozen while tanking up to nine adds. To me it's just another sad nerf to something that actually made the encounter unpredictable (and fun). There was many ways to prevent dying. I should also mention that I am talking about 10man Heroic.

Cant tell you how many Times we have wiped from this. It got to the point of me marcoing GS to hit him in the blue vial

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ican View Post
    It wasn't a problem at all for us, I never died from being frozen while tanking up to nine adds. To me it's just another sad nerf to something that actually made the encounter unpredictable (and fun). There was many ways to prevent dying. I should also mention that I am talking about 10man Heroic.

can i excuse my rudeness? no one cares man, most people don't care how big your unrequited love is

Spreading love even after valentine's day. -Nye
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2011-02-17 at 03:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say it was undoable but if you fight maloriak and addtank gets 9 adds or even 12 cause kicking failed and then gets frozen 2 times it is a bit harsh

and as stated this is random its not a predictable thing it just focking random your tank never gets frozen its izibash if he gets frozen well healers pop your cooldowns and dps be fast othwerwise gg

up to nine adds.
    =/=

with 9-12 aberrations on me
    It's those shitty times when you have 12 on you and get gibbed that most people were annoyed with. Nice peacocking though. Heroic plumage, even.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepinglamia
    Also another reason being a female is awesome. No epeens Ah not to be controlled by my own genitalia! :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Marath
    This is a good point... do you have e-bajango or e-boobie competitions in the same way?

I like that word... e-bajango

Deleted
    Icen <3

^as my Maintank was saying, it's not a needed nerf.

I'm quite amazed that this was a problem for anyone.

The tank and healers has cooldowns to save for situations like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Suliso View Post
    and as stated this is random its not a predictable thing it just focking random your tank never gets frozen its izibash if he gets frozen well healers pop your cooldowns and dps be fast othwerwise gg
    IT took me 1gcd to take down the icecube by myself when Icen was frozen.

ALL vial phases is about handling the abilities, not the dps(part from black vial).
    Hell. Even our first kill we had to wait for 10-15sec before nuking him in green phase(heroic).
    So it's more or less; Players needs to stop doing their best to dps down the boss, and start to focus on the abilities that needs to be taken care off(alé 1person is assigned to icecube duty.. prio one who has a cd to pull while frozen.. aka.. Doomkins/Ferals with barkskin)
    Last edited by mmocf65fcd70e4; 2011-02-17 at 03:13 PM.

Please understand why I can have some doubts as to the validity of your claim, seeing as a first post poster asserts that he is doing content that would put him in the top 0.5% of all raiders, then expresses a view that is the exact opposite of what all other top raiders are expressing. (No, I am not calling myself a top raider)
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

10+ Year Old Account
    What Mr_Bojangles just said.
    I fail to see how anyone can find the RNG bomb "fun", if the fight is doing otherwise great, healers are on top of their toes, and then the tank gets nuked out of the orbit, or the adds decide to chew on a healer while you're in the tomb.

I wasn't aware of that issue but I'm a healer, so maybe I just didn't notice.

The only issue we're having with Maloriak is the little guys aren't spawning on the first 2-3 casts. If we interrupt once before the frist green phase we only have 6 adds, which leaves us with 12 for the second green phase.

If we do not interrupt once, we get 9 in the first green phase, and then since there are only 9 left we don't need to interrupt at all. That's kind of weird but that's how it worked out for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosesred View Post
    Icen <3

^as my Maintank was saying, it's not a needed nerf.

I'm quite amazed that this was a problem for anyone.

The tank and healers has cooldowns to save for situations like this.
    yes they have but they dont have it multiple times in such a short time if he gets 2 blocks

Now lets hope they fix the part where Death Knight tanks keeps aggroing adds without even touching them due to selfheals.

Deleted
    As a tank usually on adds i've never had a problem with this. Never. You're doing it wrong.

It was a needed 'nerf'. I don't think geting iced while turning to pick up a newly spawned abberation only to have the rest of them beat into your backside was part of the intended long term mechanics of this boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DETdream View Post
    I wasn't aware of that issue but I'm a healer, so maybe I just didn't notice.

The only issue we're having with Maloriak is the little guys aren't spawning on the first 2-3 casts. If we interrupt once before the frist green phase we only have 6 adds, which leaves us with 12 for the second green phase.

If we do not interrupt once, we get 9 in the first green phase, and then since there are only 9 left we don't need to interrupt at all. That's kind of weird but that's how it worked out for us.
    do you use curse of thoungs?
    if you do he interuppts his first cast cause he thinks running to the pot and throw some vial is much more important
    never happened to me after he threw the first vial though -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Demilune1 View Post
    can i suck your dick? no one cares man, most people don't care how big your e-peen is
    With posts this constructive, I'm surprised you made it to 94 posts without being banned... Anyway, I do agree with the "man with the big e-peen," as we haven't had trouble with the tank being frozen. A dps can basically one shot the frozen target out, and the tank should be far away from the adds anyway, kiting, and not getting hit... Or at least that's the way we do it. If you're standing there getting your face beat in by adds the whole fight, maybe you should reevaluate your strat rather than wait and pray for a nerf.

All in all, I think this wasn't a NEEDED nerf by any means, but it will make it easier for those having trouble with Maloriak. Enjoy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles View Post
    Please understand why I can have some doubts as to the validity of your claim, seeing as a first post poster asserts that he is doing content that would put him in the top 0.5% of all raiders, then expresses a view that is the exact opposite of what all other top raiders are expressing. (No, I am not calling myself a top raider)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH7q190LhxM

Icen add tank
    Rosesred Moonkin.

Thats the proof of his valid post.