Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Games that people hate but you love?

Title says it all.

Are there any games out there that are constantly bashed that you absolutely LOVE?
    Be it a guilty pleasure, or a game you feel is given unfair reviews, lets hear them dirty secrets!

For me, it would be, without question, FFX-2.
    From a gameplay standpoint, I felt it was the most well put together Final Fantasy of the bunch, fast paced action oriented gameplay, a healthy supply of collecting stuff... I loved almost every single aspect of the gameplay. Graphically it was gorgeous, I loved the use of colors, and really the only issue I had with it was some of the writing, and even then it wasn't that awful most of the time, just campy and silly.

goin with MOST dragonball Z games....except raging blast....they're just failures >< look good but the control schemes are so complicated and different from the tenkaichi series. also i guess WoW since people constantly complain about how boring and bad it is now a days =P

Oni, it was awesome.

Brütal legend, I thought it was just epic, and a second one with some listening from constructive feedback would go a long way, (lose the RTS and go for boss battles)

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Vashsaverem View Post
    goin with MOST dragonball Z games....except raging blast....they're just failures >< look good but the control schemes are so complicated and different from the tenkaichi series. also i guess WoW since people constantly complain about how boring and bad it is now a days =P
    I remember loving a DBZ fighting name on the PS2. It was a great game. I don't think people hated it..

Deleted
    Lost Odyssey...still the best damn RPG to me

Mafia II Quite enjoyed that game even though everyone that i talked to and all the reviews said it was a sub-par game.

final fantasy x-2

loved every minute of it

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Smile

minecraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Runescape ^^

World of warcraft :/ no idea why so much hate for this game.

Deleted
    Robot Unicorn Attack

I can't understand how ppl can hate it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephakay View Post
    Lost Odyssey...still the best damn RPG to me
    I got it at the same time as FFXIII. Played 3 hr of FF, then tried Lost Odyssey and never went back to FF XIII again. Lost Odyssey was great.

Silent Hill 4 - it was a decent game, but had alsmost nothing to do with Silent Hill, so fans were dissapointed. I believe it would have been better recieved if it was called simply "The Room" and had the vestigial Silent Hill referrences removed.

Dynasty Warriors(3-5)
    Armored core(played everyone from 2 to nexus)
    Monster Hunter(owned everyone)
    pokemon gameboy(played every single one cept platinum)
    .Hack

Those are all games I love to play for the story and the game play. Sadly I hear that they duck a lot from other people :/

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness.
    It was fun playing with the poke-demons >.<

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Dynasty Warriors(3-5)
    Armored core(played everyone from 2 to nexus)
    Monster Hunter(owned everyone)
    pokemon gameboy(played every single one cept platinum)
    .Hack

Those are all games I love to play for the story and the game play. Sadly I hear that they duck a lot from other people :/
    What? Monster Hunter is AWESOME! The only flaw you could point out is that maybe in some cases is "too" HardCore. But how can that be a flaw?
    Last edited by Crow_eyeS; 2011-02-19 at 10:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    People playing games for fun, the BASTARDS!

Quote Originally Posted by Crow_eyeS View Post

What? Monster Hunter is AWESOME! The only flaw you could point out is that maybe in some cases is "too" HardCore. But how can that be a flaw?
    it is, but how many people do you know in the States that play it? i got my best friend into it, but all my others dont care for it. The ones who thought it was lame are the ones who buy madden each year : /

But it is by far my favorite game, stopped playing wow for a couple months when Tri came out

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol the Lego video games... I have no idea why but I just like them.

Vexx, nuff said.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Project Eden.
    It's terrible, but I couldn't stop playing.

Tales of Symphonia. Either you liked, or you hated. I liked. A lot. I mean, despite the overly massive amount of clichés (that still seemed to work) it was a miraculous game.