Deleted

Stopcasting Macro

Since cata and aspect of the fox i need to add a /stopcasting macro to a number of abilities but for some reason they don't always works?

As an example i'm using the following -

#showtooltip Silencing Shot
    /stopcasting
    /use Silencing Shot

and it seems that 50% of the time my steady shot will continue to cast?

Any ideas guys what could be wrong?

Many thanks......

I was under the impression that Silencing Shot was off the GCD, so stopcasting shouldn't be needed.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    it is, however like every other interrupt, you can't use it while already casting, so if he's casting steady shot or cobra shot he could need a stopcasting macro to get it off right away or he could miss the interrupt.

I recall hearing somewhere that macros are read simultaneously now, so that would jive with a 50% chance for silencing shot to be attempted to cast without interrupting your normal shot? I could be mistaken though.

Two /stopcasting lines should do the trick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagscorpion View Post
    I recall hearing somewhere that macros are read simultaneously now, so that would jive with a 50% chance for silencing shot to be attempted to cast without interrupting your normal shot? I could be mistaken though.
    any source? never heared it and sounds ... importent

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagscorpion View Post
    Incorrect.