Deleted

Can I download whole websites?

Hi guys,

I'm currently in a place with very limited internet access and availability. I only really have access to the internet during work hours but still enjoy geeking out over WoW during off-hours.

Is it possbile to download a whole website like wowhead.com or even just wowtal.com so I can browse it while offline at home?

Every time I try do download a website via Firefox, all it saves is the current page, which really isn't much use. Any work-arounds or other tricks possible, for getting hold of most of WoWs crucial data, without needing to be online?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Surfoffline or something like that program can help ya out.

The problem with trying to download an entire website that is an information resource such as wowhead is the fact that it probably reads all it's information from a database of some sort. And you won't know exactly what that is. Also, if you're looking at dynamic pages that have server-side code, then you're not really getting the whole deal. There's going to be code that pulls all the proper information from it's database and when you download a snapshot of a webpage you don't get any of that.