Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    This isn't the issue. It's when I charge in with a few hots on me, I manage to agro a few mobs initially but by the time my GCD is up for my next aoe move, the rest of the pack is already charging towards the healer (because of the hots), I usually can get them back easily enough.
    It just makes the whole pull a little too messy for my liking.
    As a legit tank, I let it be known from the first pull that threat on ANY mob will not be an issue, healer or DPS. I apologize on behalf of the decent tanks of the world if the fact that you have had to deal with this crap. It should never be an issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Javice69 View Post
    Ok all my previous arguments aside.
    Overhealing generates 0 threat, this means I will generate 0 threat until the tank gets hit. hopefully this means that the tank is in melee range. that means I need to generate 130% of his threat to pull off him. lets take worst case scenario from my druid, I crit heal with both reju and lb the second the tank looses the HP. The most I remember seeing reju crit for is below 6000 and maybe lb for 3200( memory is blurry on these numbers but seem right), on an average pull with lets say 4 mobs that is (6000+3200)/2/4=1150 threat. How much does Thunder Clap, Blood Boil, Hammer of Righteous and swipe hit for?
    Yeah I know, just looked like someone was saying a HoT which has been cast before combat begins, won't generate any threat for that caster even after combat is initiated. That aside, I've seen a few occasions where a retard tank charged in and started hitting a single mob, leaving the other 3 or 4 to chase down the healer or whiever dps was unlucky enough to assume tank had brains (not that this would stop me pre-hotting as tanks of this questionable caliber aren't THAT common)

The only time I find preHoT an issue when tanking is when there are CC'd mobs so I can't just charge in and swipe/thrash for fear of breaking CC. Though its not a huge issue even then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I hate healers that pre-HoT.
    O.o?

Lifebloom

it gives you a mana regen buff and costs nothing to a small amount
    also one rejuvenation at the start (which heals 0 first 3 seconds unless you have the talent) will allow your mana to be regened by the time the actual damage starts hitting in.

Pre-HoT is your friend.