so no more shredding thru Deterrence

the pvp nerfs really where piled on this patch eh. i think this one is the offical straw for me to say no more pvp on the feral druid. one of my favorite things was shredding thru a hunters get out of jail free card.

Stupid thread is stupid. You were never meant to shred through deterrence, it was just horribly designed.

15+ Year Old Account
    i quit pvp way back when they added resilence :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Yes. This change was entirely put in place to nerf Druids. Not to make Hunters' survival cooldown actually useful. Totally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangnail View Post
    the pvp nerfs really where piled on this patch eh. i think this one is the offical straw for me to say no more pvp on the feral druid. one of my favorite things was shredding thru a hunters get out of jail free card.
    Whine. Constant apply to whine, over and over. "Oh **** my druid can't be feral anymore." "We only have barkskin. RATS, we're useless." "I can't abuse the system anymore. /QQ"

It was poor, very poor moderation, that was reason for you shredding though hunters's deterrence. I think you would be extremely mad, if it now said that Barkskin only would reduce every damage output by 0,1% instead of your 20%.

Rogues and feral druids have been able to abuse "us", yes i do have a hunter PvP geared, in which, we cannot escape damaging since you could shred us, and rogues cheap shot us. Fair? Ehhhh no. We are paying for the same amount of services like you, so quit QQ over your pathetic reasons for the term "PvP nerfs", that do not exist. Every change, is a sample of not-intended design.

Learn to read.

EDIT: For example, when a tooltip says 100% parry chance (which is now changed to 100% miss chance), then that is what i want. Not some rogue/druid crap that uses cheap shot and shred on me, in which i've noticed as a problem though whole WoTLK. I've addressed this a number of times, but finally added now. Again, "nerf", nope.
    Last edited by mmocef312064d1; 2011-02-23 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthlet View Post
    Stupid thread is stupid. You were never meant to shred through deterrence, it was just horribly designed.
    It was working as intended, can't parry from behind. Blizz simply realized it wasn't good enough for hunters and buffed it, period.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Quote Originally Posted by Shornaal View Post
    It was working as intended, can't parry from behind. Blizz simply realized it wasn't good enough for hunters and buffed it, period.
    Detterence was changed because rogues Cheap Shot could not get avoided by parry, in wich case a stun completely removed the use of deterrence since you cant parry while you are stunned.
    This change was not directed towards Feral Druids, it just happens to affect you only against bad hunters, no good hunter will turn his back on a Druid, ever.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    LISTEN PLEASE!:

It was changed so that when hunters used Deterrence, they were not able to be overpowered/backstabbed/shredded as this would make it a flaw against those classes. I personnally (AS A FERAL) feel this is fine, and it should actually defend the Hunter when used.
    Also agree with the Cheap shot change regarding that...

Buff to hunters because apparently they needed it. Yes it's a nerf to ferals but if it turns out to make ferals too easy meat for any hunter anywhere at all, then likely you'll see something changed.

I'm fairly certain all of us, no matter what class or spec we play, want defensive cooldowns to actually have some sort of effect in the game. Sure there are some serious exceptions with dispells and whatnot, but it's hard to argue with the fact that Blizzard thought Hunters were in a bad spot and needed some help. Ferals were OP in early Cata and will have to sit tight for a while, at least til the next time the nerfbat pendulum swings back around the other way.

A.k.a. the next PTR.

Hint: it's overall class/spec balance in RBGs and 3v3/5v5 that count - 1v1 is a mess and always will be, don't worry about it. Pick your battles instead of trying to win them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Detterence was changed because rogues Cheap Shot could not get avoided by parry, in wich case a stun completely removed the use of deterrence since you cant parry while you are stunned.
    Cheap shot requires stealth and CAN be parried, unless it works differently from its tooltip.

The problem was probably with shadowstepping rogues using either kidney shot or shadowdance->cheap shot from behind. I'm not saying this to cry for this fix, i honestly do not care at all... it's just to make things clear since it seems to me that they're not, as you're not the first one saying "cheap shot" as it's clearly not the real problem here.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT