Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New job = New Computer - Help me get the ultimate rig!?

Hey there!

I recently found a new job, gonna make enough money to get me a new computer! I want to build a Monster machine! I am sick and tired of being the tard with the shitty computer!

I live in Sweden.. And I would love to keep it around 1 710 Euro / about 15 034 Swedish.. I COULD if needed to get the ultimate machine go to about 2 161 Euro / 19 000 Swedish kroners..

Anyone out there good on hardware and such? I dont need to know things like Monitors and keyboard and all the extra stuff.. This is the computer only!

Thanks in Advance!

Patty

Deleted
    is that 1700 euro / 2161 euro?

if so the the sky the limit mate

i7-2600K with gtx 580 SLI

I dare you.

This will help us out....and give us a better idea so fill it out =D

Now what is it you want....

Willing to Self Build or a Pre-Built:

How much you want to spend:

How much you can spend:

What all you plan to use it for:

What Operating system you want to use & Bit:

What Resolution you hope to be in:

What Settings do you Want & how much FPS:

What Country are you from:

What can you re-use:

Network will be wired or wireless:

Any Additional Info Here:
    Author: Ulysses S. Grant (A True Raider & PvPr)

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

Deleted
    I might get flammed, but a Mac pro is nice Not the best for gaming tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxemiss View Post
    This will help us out....and give us a better idea so fill it out =D

Now what is it you want....

Willing to Self Build or a Pre-Built:

How much you want to spend:

How much you can spend:

What all you plan to use it for:

What Operating system you want to use & Bit:

What Resolution you hope to be in:

What Settings do you Want & how much FPS:

What Country are you from:

What can you re-use:

Network will be wired or wireless:

Any Additional Info Here:
    Don't forget to add what colour underpants he wears too.

On a more serious note, Ultimate is a very gimmicky term to use and unless you are willing to also invest alot of time and research, then all you have is an expensive machine, which doesn't fully utilise all of its potential.

As a mainstream user, which many of us are, what you should be looking for is price/performance per euro and perhaps something that works well out of the box. There's probably little point posting a setup on this thread, if you look back through a number of pages in this section you'll see a number of recommended setups that could probably suit your needs.

Deleted
    tbh 600 euros should make you a pc that can play wow on max settings.

why not copy a setup from the front page?

It also seems a little lazy "make me a pc" while flashing the cash to people who may be struggling. Also, buying all the latest kit may be not so clever, given motherboard bios bugs and interface/driver problems on new flashy shit.

Deleted
    You will do very fine with the "unicorn" described in this post, I especially like the case, seen it at a friend's and it's a really thought-through product. He bought it for 120€ and deems it worth every cent.

Also, in the post is a comment on the above mentioned i7-2600 (sandy bridge). If you want one of those, wait until march/April, it might be worth it.

Waiting for the i5 2500k is definitely worth it.

What are you going to use the computer for?
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

You should forget a new build for now and buy a 30" monitor (not a hdtv, a 30" 2560 x 1600). Then you can save for a new build.

Mod Edit: Constructive posting please.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-02-26 at 12:09 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Take the unicorn build from that post.
    Easy job :].

Mystic! Spinebreaker EU

Wait for the fixed SB boards. The unicorn build is a joke in 2011. That chaud guy should think twice before recommending such things to the entire community.

Heck, even the 'bad' boards are better than the 1366 ones

Quote Originally Posted by Kagonpeak View Post
    Wait for the fixed SB boards. The unicorn build is a joke in 2011. That chaud guy should think twice before recommending such things to the entire community.

Heck, even the 'bad' boards are better than the 1366 ones
    His recommendations are based on the fact that SB is Currently unavailable. And if someone wants to build a new PC right away then the Intel 1366 platform is far from being useless as it is still an Awesome powerhouse of a CPU.

Where I live, they're still being sold.

Hell, I'd take a 'broken' SB mobo and use their SATA III ports anyday over a 1366 and i7-950

Quote Originally Posted by Patty View Post
    Hey there!

I recently found a new job, gonna make enough money to get me a new computer! I want to build a Monster machine! I am sick and tired of being the tard with the shitty computer!

I live in Sweden.. And I would love to keep it around 1 710 Euro / about 15 034 Swedish.. I COULD if needed to get the ultimate machine go to about 2 161 Euro / 19 000 Swedish kroners..

Anyone out there good on hardware and such? I dont need to know things like Monitors and keyboard and all the extra stuff.. This is the computer only!

Thanks in Advance!

Patty
    Hello, fellow Swede.
    I built together a build for you for around 12 049 Swedish Kronor - excluding shipping
    http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/228...ridgemmo-champ
    i5-2500K, Radeon 6950 2GB (flashable to 6970 in difference to the 6950 1GB), 8 GB RAM, 2x 1TB HDDs, Win7 in Swe, 2 extra fans, assembly included, 650w modular PSU from a well-known brand.

Thank you Tetrisgoat!

This was not a matter of being lazy.. first of all several of the things on the list did not make sense.. I got a close friend who have been working with this his whole life more or less.. Hes sadly not around here for the time being and impossible to get in contact to..

The builds on the frontpage didnet really match with the swedish site..

Thank you once again Tetris...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I dare you.
    The possibilities with this post are mouth-watering.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    For the best price in sweden i would recomend Komplett, you get more for zeh cash.

And if you're interested, you can easily afford a 3d computer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paxx0r View Post
    For the best price in sweden i would recomend Komplett, you get more for zeh cash.
    prisjakt.nu

Enter (or just browse) parts. Check specification page, check for the cheapest store that also appears reliable - e.g. one of the bigger ones. Usually won't be the absolutely cheapest, but you can still save a fair bit of money when making multiple expensive purchases by always buying them from the cheapest reliable source.

I dare you.
    990x with 580 sli.

He said he wanted the ultimate gaming machine.