Heroic Maloriak 10 Man issue

Put in some serious attempts tonight, and it appears our only issue is surviving Red Phase. Seems we either 1) All die on first flame cone, or 2) die on 2nd.

Any tips? We can manage Black easy enough, same with Blue, and I'm going to assume Green will be the same with our DPS.

Resto Shaman, Holy Pally, Holy or Disc Priest. Have a few other healers we can sub in and have at least 1 of each heal class.

1st one: use your holy priest to use Guardian spirit on the tank, let him face the boss away, take all the flame cone (he wont die because of GS)
    2nd one: pop barrier from disc priest
    3rd one: it should be easy if you have a pally tank (Ardent Defender) or an UH DK (AMZ). AMZ reduces exactly 75% damage of the cone then it'll immediately fall off but i guess you're all fine after this.

Aura mastery+barrier. If you run with a pally tank you even have DG but two raid cds are enough to cover all his breathing ^^

Timing is abit tricky at first but it shouldn't be many tries to get it right.

Also make sure whoever gets the debuf thingy to run out of the raid so he doesnt get hit by the breath
    Last edited by Kalinga; 2011-02-25 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishy View Post
    1st one: use your holy priest to use Guardian spirit on the tank, let him face the boss away, take all the flame cone (he wont die because of GS)
    2nd one: pop barrier from disc priest
    3rd one: it should be easy if you have a pally tank (Ardent Defender) or an UH DK (AMZ). AMZ reduces exactly 75% damage of the cone then it'll immediately fall off but i guess you're all fine after this.
    Guardian spirit doesn't work anymore. Pets will split the cone damage.

Deleted
    you can't use DG any more.

2-3 blasts in each red phase. You have loads of options:

Argent Defender, AMZ, Aura Mastery, Divine Guardian, snake traps, force of nature, PW:B. All depends on your setup.

Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    you can't use DG any more.

2-3 blasts in each red phase. You have loads of options:

Argent Defender, AMZ, Aura Mastery, Divine Guardian, snake traps, force of nature, PW:B. All depends on your setup.
    So "You can't use DG any more" then adding for the CD's youre able to use: Divine Guardian. Why the heck are you contradicting yourself <.<.
    In any case, as previously stated, aura mastery + barrier. Your dps should also be able to use personal CD's to mitigate ALOT of damage, and if you have a DK, he can spec into anti-magic zone. The AMZ helps ALOT for MANY encounters.

Deleted
    What the others said. DG, Barrier etc. Tank him to the side so that the other tank dont get hit by flame when tanking adds helps abit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX-jdHZSUl0

And tank him after the wall in P3 for magma jet.

Deleted
    The trick that caused the kill for us is: Pets.
    The cone is also split over pets, snake trap snakes and mirror images. With even just 2 pets (passive and next to the hunter/lock during red phase) the healing is much easier. Use Barrier, AM, etc to reduce the damage even more. When our mage popped his Mirror Images in Red phase the healers were just picking their noses because the damage was so low.

Our last few wipes were because the DK add tank died after his Icebound Fort faded just before green phases. Using CD's on him and resorting to Frost Nova and Hand of Gul'Dan roots to spread the adds a bit we managed to keep him alive there. When he gets his 4-set t11 bonus for +50% IF duration this part will be ezmode, but drops have been very unlucky for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    So "You can't use DG any more" then adding for the CD's youre able to use: Divine Guardian. Why the heck are you contradicting yourself <.<.
    He meant GS as in Guardian Spirit.

Our setup is a disc priest, holy paladin and shaman. (Same than you);

- Before first breath; shaman lays down healing rain.
    - On first breath I cast holy radiance (overlays with healing rain), and priest casts prayer of healing. I use shocks, other healers use insta casts to top people off before the second breath. (Prayer of mending, Penance, nature's swiftness, riptide, unleash weapon, etc).
    - Second breath I will cast aura mastery and top people off with Light of dawn. Occasionally the priest will use Power word barrier, but not always.

If you don't have pet to soak, you just gotta be quick. There's no reason for the healers not to use their cooldowns. Red phase is more demanding in healing than black, blue or green.
    That's a video of our kill with priest pov, hope it helps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI_Q8eKWDQw
    Last edited by dyalad; 2011-02-25 at 01:00 PM.

Deleted
    Take a disc priest and spam bubbles on everyone in red phase. Will consume a lot of mana, but you can idle in blue phase to regain mana. Also don't ever let arcane storm go off in red phase. Oh and use pets like mentioned earlier.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-02-25 at 01:30 PM.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=62466 can also help, maybe not all of raiders benefit a lot from that mastery, but still, 400 resist is quite a lot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Just got this down last night. We thought we needed a hunter for the trap after doing some work on it last week. This week we went in without a hunter and saw phase2 on our first pull and a few pulls later we killed it. Here's is what we did.

Disc bubble for first breath in red. Ardent Defender for second, just heal through if you get a 3rd.
    Make sure you someone calls on vent, Interrupt next as soon as the aberation cast goes. It is so important that you interrupt arcane storm before it ticks. In the video I link you can see we missed it but we were able to heal up.

We actually bring the paladin tank into the disc bubble with the adds on him, as long as he keeps the adds 10 yard from maloriak they will not buff him. Therefore, the paladin takes the breath with the rest of us. In our video you'll see he died cause I didn't realize he had the consuming flame debuff, we could have handled this by topping him off/using a cooldown on him. It was good timing so we were able to battle res and keep going.

The offtank taking the breath really isn't that bad minus the consuming flames which can be healed through with a cooldown. It's so much nicer being able to hit the addtank with a chain heal/healing rain/etc.

Here is our kill last night with ventrilo, you should hear me calling lots of stuff, especially interrupts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAVihoxZ4Yw

Note: If you use a hunter we found that you should lay the snake trap around 13s until breath....and lay it on the add tank who should be just slightly behind the rest of the group, this will mean the snake trap definitely gets triggered and all the snakes are in the cone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    In any case, as previously stated, aura mastery + barrier. Your dps should also be able to use personal CD's to mitigate ALOT of damage, and if you have a DK, he can spec into anti-magic zone. The AMZ helps ALOT for MANY encounters.
    Sorry, I meant GS (pretty obvious really)

15+ Year Old Account
    Coordinate cooldowns for each one and you'll be fine. Death Knights have AMZ. Prot Paladins have Divine Guardian. Disc Priests have Power Word: Barrier. As mentioned, pets also make a huge difference.

My guild didn't do anything special to survive the red phase aside from one of our 2 moonkins using his tranquility after the blast to help top everyone off before the next one. We never had much issue with it.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Use personal and raid wide cooldowns if you have them. Spec into -dmg talents. Have good healers. It's not rocket science.

We wiped to it a couple of times but then I guess our healers realized the gravity of the situation and started being more on the ball.