Holy paladin dps discussion

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...olresil/simple

I know holy is not a dps spec, i just like playing niche

This is my paladin, it is a level 70 holy paladin (mind the pvp gear =p), I've noticed i can hold a sustained 2.3k dps on any normal target, now on a undead or demon target exorcism will always crit, gaurentee uptime on conviction. seal of truth can proc from exorcism.

Would it be viable to do this at level 85 on a undead or demon target? i was thinking something about keeping judgement haste buff up and shocking on cd to keep inquisition up and i am rather keen to know how this would play out... or if anyone had been fooling around with it?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Viable? probably not. Helpful in right spots? hells yeah. I myself play a disc priest and I often find myself assisting DPS when its needed. Fights like conclave of wind on the last boss, it'll really make a difference, aswell as Chimaeron p2.

I use a Holy Palladin dps spec for my arena's, it certainly helps to apply the pressure, whether its just against the healer so he faulters in healing his buddy or because i have nothing else to do. in PvE, not really, you'll always be constricted by mana(attonement is about same HPM as Heal for disc so this doesn't apply to them) but if your not go for it!

My holy dps pulled 7.5k on argaloth, a demon in BH, I was still lowest on dps, but I was still not even geared enough to enter heroics for that spec at the time(2 weeks ago). I'm working on gearing him up still now i have about 5k SP self buffed, ive got the spec and the rotation down

Here is my character armory, if you want to ask any questions about my talent or glyph choices, dont say anything about gear, hard to gear up a dps holy paladin.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../lennis/simple
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have 2 Holy specs. Both are viable for healing, but the second one also makes it possible to DPS without wasting too much mana. I use it inside dungeons, and it works fine. Just as Blizzard said those DPS talents inside our tree was made for, it's when dungeons turn boring for healers, you can cast some spells to do some DPS.
    Last edited by iLive; 2011-02-27 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    My holy dps pulled 7.5k on argaloth, a demon in BH, I was still lowest on dps, but I was still not even geared enough to enter heroics for that spec at the time(2 weeks ago). I'm working on gearing him up still now i have about 5k SP self buffed, ive got the spec and the rotation down

Here is my character armory, if you want to ask any questions about my talent or glyph choices, dont say anything about gear, hard to gear up a dps holy paladin.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../lennis/simple
    Not sure, but I guess you're using seal of insight since you have glyph of seal of insight. You should use seal of truth as it procs from exorcism.

I recently leveled my holy paladin and made a shockadin spec. People would be shocked to see in dungeons that im top dps, it was very rare for anyone to be beating me in dps... until around lvl 76. From around 76+ exorcism scales less per lvl than it was before 76, and I had to go back to healing as my dps became mediocre.

Viable? probably not. Helpful in right spots? hells yeah. I myself play a disc priest and I often find myself assisting DPS when its needed. Fights like conclave of wind on the last boss, it'll really make a difference, aswell as Chimaeron p2.
    I'd surely hope as disc in p2 chimaeron you'd be spamming shields as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by kynd View Post
    I'd surely hope as disc in p2 chimaeron you'd be spamming shields as much as possible.
    I'd surely hope he's not wasting his time unless his shields absorb 70k damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiera View Post
    Not sure, but I guess you're using seal of insight since you have glyph of seal of insight. You should use seal of truth as it procs from exorcism.
    wrong, it gives mana back, that is exactly why you use seal of insight, you will oom so fast its not even funny if you use seal of truth, at least at my level of spirit. Right now I'm almost having to judge on CD to have enough mana to not oom.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2011-02-27 at 08:35 AM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Holy paladin dps is now insane. I just sustained 25k dps on a target dummy without raid buffs. Bursted up to 31k dps. Also just did a few battlegrounds in my new "holy dps" spec and was consistently 3rd and 4th on damage done for the bg (and 3rd or 4th on healing, too -- i did stop to heal when it was necessary). Also, I was in 100% pve gear -- but I did not feel very squishy; unless i was being focused by 3+ hordies, my health did not go down very fast.

Craziness. I can only hope that things will balance out at lvl90, and that this is not some weird thing the dev team overlooked and will soon nerf. If a nerf is coming, however, I hope they nerf the dmg and not our heals (healing is normally my main thing).

If anyone's confused as to how a holy paladin can do that much dps, check out some of the new glyphs we got (Harsh Word, for one).

etc etc etc

Meanwhile... enjoy being OP while you're OP, holy paladins!

:-)
    Last edited by Derryl; 2012-08-30 at 10:31 AM.

I'm 1 shotting people at level 70 bracket with level 70 pvp gear as holy.

This is perfectly balanced. Yup. *Spits on horde*

15+ Year Old Account
    It is quite unique. If you choose to opt out of the Eternal Flame Talent, and choose say Sacred Shield instead. You can use the Glyph that adds a damage effect to word of glory.
    By using holy shock, denounce, judgement, and word of glory. You have enough damage output to now be considerable as a DPS spec paladin on the same playing field as say, Mage or Warlock. Yes your damage output WILL be enough to maintain, and keeping our mana regen ability on cooldown (name slips my mind at the moment) we can quite literally stay in the game with the best of them.

Made by Ariyana!

Did a few 5man heroics in my full DS HC gear yesterday and pulled 35k-40k dps on some quick bosses with Wings + DF up (and that's without any shockadin glyphs!!!)