10+ Year Old Account

Madness of Deathwing- Bolts

So, my guild, Dark Scion of Quel'Dorei US is currently 7/8 normal, etc etc.
    We 1 shotted up to 7/8, but we keep coming to one problem on Madness.

We get to the third platform, Alexstrazsa's, and right after the bolt hits, while we're stacked at the top under bubble, we
    get a crush from the corruption tentacle that generally kills 2 or 3 people.
    The tooltip makes it seem like it should target the tank, who is staying down and popping a cooldown for the bolt, but the second we spread out,
    the melee are getting a crush, and when combined with the bolt pulse, we have people die.

Does anyone have a solution for this?
    His name is Robert Paulsen.

1 tank 2 heal and kill the tentacle before the bolt lands

Quote Originally Posted by zephurwitch View Post
    1 tank 2 heal and kill the tentacle before the bolt lands
    This is the best strategy for 10man. Not sure if the OP is running ten man or not but generally you want to spread out immediately after the bolt hits if the corruption is still up. Also, bolt damage is reduced by distance. Crush can target any player.

Do Green > Red > Yellow > Blue
    You only need to survive the bolt once then and don't need to resort to silly group compositions

All I can say to prevent crushing though is to spread out, once the bolt has hit you can go as near to it as you like, just kill it fast and spread out after the initial damage

change your timing up.

also what order are you doing? if your having trouble with the bolt you can leave ysera up so you can use dream for the bolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

This is generally a problem we have if somebody doesn't get to the stack point fast enough, 2tank 3 healing this. Generally the lowest health person always gets RNG'd by the corruption smash :P You just have to spread immediately after the bolt hits and your healers have pump out a lot of HPS to get everybody up amdist the smashes.

Live Nozdormu.
    Switch&kill bolt.
    Profit/

Deleted
    Kill the tenticle before the bolt spawns and problems like that go away

Deleted
    I think a lot of people panic with this situation while they don't take into account the obvious: This is a healing situation. Think of it as a good explosion of Majordomo. If people are left alone to be healed 'normally' it may not be enough.

Of course, if the group does not have 'Majordomo quality' healing, it may be a problem, and to be honest, we may have part of that ourselves.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    What we do in my group is right before the bolt lands, we have everyone stack, bolt hits and we use 2 raid cooldowns and spread out asap to kill the bolt. You need to spread out fast as a crush can kill your raid while stacked. Also, have your raid each pop a defensive cd when the bolt hits (Bubble,iceblock,barkskin etc) this should help a ton.

Deleted
    We used green>bronze>red>blue with 2 tanks 3 healer. Don't stand in zone and don't stack when bolts lands, get to the edge of the platform and stay as a line, damage reduces the further away you are from the target. But multiple strategies work, with 2t3h we needed blue up to kill the last claw on time/aoe down the bloods before they healed.

10+ Year Old Account
    We do 2t/3h.
    I've been trying to do it without tranq, but it seems like RNG always targets that one guy with 65k hp...

We're going to pop 2 cooldowns after bolt lands as opposed to just bubble. Thanks for the advice.

We're also considering having myself switch to dps, but that's only if we keep having trouble.

Deleted
    2tanks are not needed. 3 healers are not needed.
    go 1tank 2heal. your dps will kill the corruption before the bolt explodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the strategy for it?
    We run it with a pally and a warrior tank, pally, disc, druid heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Gufkys View Post
    What's the strategy for it?
    We run it with a pally and a warrior tank, pally, disc, druid heals.
    Have the pally tank, and use Guardian on the 3rd platform's 2nd Impale, and AD on the 4th platform's 2nd Impale. In phase 2, abuse Dream during high stacks of Tetnus.

Go Green > Red > Yellow > Blue, laugh as everything dies before it becomes even remotely threatening.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

Deleted
    We did this with 2 tanks and 3 healers, going Ysera, Alextrasza, Nozdormu, Kalecgos. At kalecgos you want to nuke the tentacle down without the use of BL.